• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Backyard Total Beast Build

So I finally got dream build finished for close range pest control. It's my original M3 Compact in a .30 cal 500mm config and a Element HYPR-7 prism scope. I tried out a few LPVO's with tactical turrets and turned my interest toward a 4x-5x prism sight. The only problem was they all had BDC recticles for 5.56 or .308 drops. The HYPR-7 was the solution for that.

So this is powered by a Air Marksman 300 bar bottle and the only internal mod so far is a FX tungsten hammer. It's pushing a JSB .30 44.75g pellet out at 878 FPS. I have three Impulse Air mods and I really like them. With just the shroud it sounds like a .22 going off. The Impulse 1350 with two extra baffles makes it really neighbor friendly.

20231121_143702.jpg

The HYPR-7 prism sight was everything I was expecting and more. The glass is amazing and the digital HUD shown on the internet does not do it justice. The text and recticles were crisp and clear. I just had to make my own recticle for this beast :)
20231121_223832.jpg

The digital zeroing on this scope is sooo dam easy. I took one shot and hit paper. Then fired off the rest of the mag and punched these holes. I'm really proud of that top right with it's 5 round group. You can see the single sight in round on the bottom row where there are two holes in one of the small bullseyes. Most of the 3 round groups were a little larger that what is shown. When I laid the target flat some of the blown out paper folded back in the main holes and makes the group look tighter than it really was. Still, I'm pretty happy with the result considering it was done with a low powered prism scope. This was shot at 25 yards.
20231121_224706.jpg

Time for Squirrelicide!

Last edited:
Killer (no pun) rig! I looked at your first picture and thought that background reminded me of a SE Texas neighborhood, so I profile stalked you and see that I at least got the Texas part right. 😊
Could be. Looks like Houston suburbs to me.

@Squirrelmageddon That’s an interesting looking scope.

Never seen anything like it. Where’d you get it?

Last edited:
The HYPR-7 looks like they say in their adds... the best of digital and analog. I love the prismatic scopes for under 100 yard hunting as the FOV is just wonderful. The digital aspect with this really adds an "element" (pun intended) to the ability to mold the scope to your liking. And with their LRF coming up that will adjust your reticle to the distance, I am in love. Now if the price would just drop!!!

@Pfddi I’ve been resistant to prismatic scopes so far. The idea of keeping my eye welded to the the eye cup seems unappealing. With Night visions/ thermal it’s enough. I do it then to keep the light from reflecting off of my person so animals don’t easily see me and to keep bugs away from my eye. Is it not awkward the hunt with a prismatic scope?

Killer (no pun) rig! I looked at your first picture and thought that background reminded me of a SE Texas neighborhood, so I profile stalked you and see that I at least got the Texas part right. 😊
Could be. Looks like Houston suburbs to me.
Ya, I'm out here on the west side of Houston, south of Katy. You guys are pretty good LMAO!

I’ve been resistant to prismatic scopes so far. The idea of keeping my eye welded to the the eye cup seems unappealing.

Don't let the eyecup keep you away. You don't need it. I pulled that thing off right when I opened the box up and threw it in a drawer.

To me a prism is like a LVPO as far as quick target acquisition goes but in a compact package and a awesome image. You should definitely check them out

@Squirrelmageddon & @Ezana4CE - I have an IO 14x15 which I believe has the same size back end as the HYPR-7. As an FYI I was able to get my PARD NV007s on it and was able to use it at night. The only problem was that the eye relief distance was too great to get a good view at the 1x zoom level of the PARD.
That's an interesting setup. I'm going to have to try that out.

@Squirrelmageddon I keep revisiting this thread to look at your magnificent Impact. Any additional shooting impression? I’ve been bouncing back and forth between buying an Impact M3 or my friend’s Leshiy 2 for a while and am leaning back towards the Impact now. There was a Houston area member here with a .22 I’d been looking at but he’s decided to keep it, and the .25 I really wanted up in NE Texas sold before I could get the funds together, so that one is out. As an alternative, my friend with the Leshiy has an M2 in .30 that he’s offered, and I’ve considered, but the .30 gives me pause. Really don’t need the extra energy, it’s associated carry distance, and air consumption, but maybe I’m overthinking things?

Last edited:
@Squirrelmageddon I keep revisiting this thread to look at your magnificent Impact. Any additional shooting impression? I’ve been bouncing back and forth between buying an Impact M3 or my friend’s Leshiy 2 for a while and am leaning back towards the Impact now. There was a Houston area member here with a .22 I’d been looking at but he’s decided to keep it, and the .25 I really wanted up in NE Texas sold before I could get the funds together, so that one is out. As an alternative, my friend with the Leshiy has an M3 in .30 that he’s offered, and I’ve considered, but the .30 gives me pause. Really don’t need the extra energy, it’s associated carry distance, and air consumption, but maybe I’m overthinking things?
Get your friends M3 and get a smaller cal liner & probe, you will have a .30 when you need it!

Get your friends M3 and get a smaller cal liner & probe, you will have a .30 when you need it!
Oops, your comment made me realize that I‘d gotten ahead of myself, so I went back and edited my post. My buddy’s Impact is an M2 in .30 and not the M3 that I’d incorrectly stated. He’s a good friend and has offered it at a good price (especially since I trust him that it it’ll be PERFECT if I buy it) but I know me, and the me that I know will want to do some of the M2 to M3 upgrades that are available. That narrows the price delta between the two considerably.

Reactions: Ranchibi
@Squirrelmageddon I keep revisiting this thread to look at your magnificent Impact. Any additional shooting impression? I’ve been bouncing back and forth between buying an Impact M3 or my friend’s Leshiy 2 for a while and am leaning back towards the Impact now. There was a Houston area member here with a .22 I’d been looking at but he’s decided to keep it, and the .25 I really wanted up in NE Texas sold before I could get the funds together, so that one is out. As an alternative, my friend with the Leshiy has an M3 in .30 that he’s offered, and I’ve considered, but the .30 gives me pause. Really don’t need the extra energy, it’s associated carry distance, and air consumption, but maybe I’m overthinking things?
If you don't need the energy or wind bucking capability of the .30 I would stick with the .22 or .25. You really have to push a stock M3 hard to get the 44g pellet moving past 870 FPS and it eats a 380cc 300 bar tank in about 30 rounds. You could get a full 21 round mag off in a stock 380cc 250 bar tank but I think you would need to pull back to around 830-850 fps. This is with a short 500mm barrel. I'm sure a 600mm or 700mm barrel and a 580cc tank would be so much more efficient. I just hate when my dog corners a possum and I'm running though the house with a 700mm barrel + 6 inches of moderator, and pop that long ass floppy barrel on a doorframe. It makes me cringe.

A great all around configuration, IMO, is the Compact .22 with a full size 580cc bottle. Below is my other M3 which I shoot most of the time. Now without a mod, the bottle extends way past a 500mm barrel. I could have just gone with a 600mm w/o a mod but I needed it quiet. So I found that the Impulse Air 1200 series mod is small enough in diameter to fit side by side with a bottle. The bottle on it is an Air Marksman 580cc @ 300 bar. I can shoot all day with that thing without refilling. You could do this on the M2, your friend has for sale, as you don't need the big 72cc plenum for a .22/.25 pellet.
1703105892518.jpeg

So I finally got dream build finished for close range pest control. It's my original M3 Compact in a .30 cal 500mm config and a Element HYPR-7 prism scope. I tried out a few LPVO's with tactical turrets and turned my interest toward a 4x-5x prism sight. The only problem was they all had BDC recticles for 5.56 or .308 drops. The HYPR-7 was the solution for that.

So this is powered by a Air Marksman 300 bar bottle and the only internal mod so far is a FX tungsten hammer. It's pushing a JSB .30 44.75g pellet out at 878 FPS. I have three Impulse Air mods and I really like them. With just the shroud it sounds like a .22 going off. The Impulse 1350 with two extra baffles makes it really neighbor friendly.

View attachment 408566

The HYPR-7 prism sight was everything I was expecting and more. The glass is amazing and the digital HUD shown on the internet does not do it justice. The text and recticles were crisp and clear. I just had to make my own recticle for this beast :)
View attachment 408568

The digital zeroing on this scope is sooo dam easy. I took one shot and hit paper. Then fired off the rest of the mag and punched these holes. I'm really proud of that top right with it's 5 round group. You can see the single sight in round on the bottom row where there are two holes in one of the small bullseyes. Most of the 3 round groups were a little larger that what is shown. When I laid the target flat some of the blown out paper folded back in the main holes and makes the group look tighter than it really was. Still, I'm pretty happy with the result considering it was done with a low powered prism scope. This was shot at 25 yards.
View attachment 408569

Time for Squirrelicide!
Thanks for showing us your amazing build. It's spectacular man! Love that reticle.

Reactions: Squirrelmageddon
If you don't need the energy or wind bucking capability of the .30 I would stick with the .22 or .25. You really have to push a stock M3 hard to get the 44g pellet moving past 870 FPS and it eats a 380cc 300 bar tank in about 30 rounds. You could get a full 21 round mag off in a stock 380cc 250 bar tank but I think you would need to pull back to around 830-850 fps. This is with a short 500mm barrel. I'm sure a 600mm or 700mm barrel and a 580cc tank would be so much more efficient. I just hate when my dog corners a possum and I'm running though the house with a 700mm barrel + 6 inches of moderator, and pop that long ass floppy barrel on a doorframe. It makes me cringe.

A great all around configuration, IMO, is the Compact .22 with a full size 580cc bottle. Below is my other M3 which I shoot most of the time. Now without a mod, the bottle extends way past a 500mm barrel. I could have just gone with a 600mm w/o a mod but I needed it quiet. So I found that the Impulse Air 1200 series mod is small enough in diameter to fit side by side with a bottle. The bottle on it is an Air Marksman 580cc @ 300 bar. I can shoot all day with that thing without refilling. You could do this on the M2, your friend has for sale, as you don't need the big 72cc plenum for a .22/.25 pellet.
View attachment 417376
Thanks for the input and I’m digging your .22 also. I hear what you’re saying on my buddy’s M2 and I keep going back and forth. However, jumping on a thing that is 9/10ths of what I’m after because it’s a good deal is something I have history with, and it hasn’t always worked out for me. Call it a character flaw or personality defect, but I’m as likely to be wishing I’d held out for the “better” thing as not. This, no matter how awesome the 9/10ths thing I bought actually is. Your pictures of both of your M3s don’t help.
I’ll say this though… The one of the .22 really got the wheels turning on the idea of experimenting with a compact and a custom moderator just to see how quiet I can make things. I don’t really NEED to have something super stealthy, but this lathe and mill sitting in my workshop ain’t gonna use themselves. 😁