Backyard shooting too easy with PCP

Daxx

Jul 2, 2015
Guys I'm finding the Vulcan boringly accurate in short range backyard shooting. 26 cowbirds in 26 shots. There is no sport in this. When I decide to pull the trigger, something dies. I know it will, can't miss, they have no chance. It's not a matter of "I wonder if I can hit him from here" but more like "do I want to kill this bird or not."

Dang PCP is so accurate, not like my childhood air guns at all. Anybody else feel this way?

Absolutely I've actually used that same term "boringly accurate". My Vulcan.25 BP is a laser. I was just out today hunting down the road but I forgot my phone and didn't feel like turning around so no pictures or videos today sorry. I love this platform but I'm so anxious to try other guns I think I'm ready to trade for something new. I'm so torn.  

Here is an 8-shot 50-yard group achieved when my Cricket was powered down to shoot 14.3 grain pellets at 11 FPE. It is currently set to 8 FPE (14.3 gr. @ 525 FPS) and can deliver up to 450 shots (from 210 BAR to 50 BAR) with an extreme spread of 10-12 FPS.
8-shot%20group%20%2050%20yards%202-6-2016.jpg

DSC04330.jpg

DSC04324.jpg

This is a 25-shot group at 27 yards achieved from my Air Arms TX200 spring-piston rifle. 
IMG_1550.jpg

Thanks Eddie , I feel like others I think ...But mine is the " tinker " factor . I love tearing them down , polishing parts , trying to spend the time to make them fit in a way today's manufacturing won't allow and still stay cost competitive. But once they are finished , I'm ready for another one ..
This one was pretty much done when I got it so not a lot to do with it . It'll probably be sold before long and then have to find me one that needs a little more fixing up :)

Daxx
Please keep shooting the cow birds,
Your doing the good bird population a Huge favor.....
Sparrows are winged rats, cowbirds just suck,
I got my eyes set on the 25 Vulcan B/P in synthetic stock as soon as it comes in,
Should be late may, still no price on it so can not lock it down....
But I am the same way with my 22 and 25 Crickets , My range is 38 to 49 yards, If its in the crosshairs its dead.
Looked at the FX Impact, five month waiting list, 
Mike

My .22 Marauder is extremely accurate, but I'm too new at PCP's to call it boring! I've been sniping pigeons and the odd starling off an old silo at +/- 30 yards. The pigeons wise up pretty quick after I whack a few off the railing, then will mostly start landing on or in the silo and just peeking their heads over/out to see if I'm still there. Last trip, I decided to "try" shooting one in the head when they did that and nailed it - I figured that was a lucky shot to play back in my memory. But I was out again yesterday and had mostly peekers so I "tried" again - another solid head shot. Long story short, I killed 7 pigeons yesterday with headshots, and 3 starlings - 1 of them was also a head shot. I had only one miss, and that pigeon was just lucky because he pulled his head back in just as I shot (I could see the mark my pellet made on the rusty metal right where his head was).

Maybe it will become normal eventually, but for now I think making 30 yard head shots on pigeons is awesome!

I'm with nvelkhunter. My disco can't keep up with the groups you guys posted but paper punching gets boring anyway. Shooting something fun (paintballs) off hand at 50 yds is a whole nuther thing, though! Hits feel better. Another idea for Joe and Spinj: simply thinking about your wellbeing, I'd be willing to trade you my more challenging and less boringly accurate disco for either of the guns pictured. Now, I love this gun and it would be a sacrifice on my part but I'm that kind of friend, you know?