• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Backyard Pest Control 11

I am upset with my Impact, but I was aware there might be some issues because it's a new design. Hopefully I can get off of work a little early sometime soon and take it in to get fixed. I did tighten the loose screw and made sure the probe was centered in the barrel, but my groups aren't the greatest. The first pic is two five shot groups at 30 yards with 25 grain JSB's at 880 fps and the second is from my Marauder shooting 18 grain JSB's at 900 fps. The Impact should be at least as accurate as my Marauder at this distance, but the damage to the barrel has to be causing the problem. 

Call it what you want, the head shot is instant death. As much as I hate what these squirrels are doing to my property, they deserve the quickest kill possible and that is a head shot. As far as the death dance, I put those in my video to prove that I didn't take a poor shot and the squirrel ran off to suffer. I like to hear all opinions of my videos, good or bad, so I can possibly put something in a video someone wanted to see. For you Peterdulux, I will try a few vitals shots and put them in my video :)

I agree with the instant death, no doubt. I do plenty of gopher shooting in the summer and many head shots result in the same. I do have squirrels digging in the wives flower pots and have contemplated baiting them but would prefer a heart shot and just drop them without the death dance.

So if you do some vitals shots, would be a good learning tool for those who are interested in that kind of shot placement.

Perhaps my post sounded a little critical, sorry.

Good vids, I watch all the time.

I use wildlife mix. It doesn't bring the squirrels to my yard, they are there no matter what. It just lures the squirrels that are in my yard in front of my shed where it's safe to shoot. There is an outrageous overpopulation of squirrels in my area. I killed over 150 last year and I'm on pace this year to break that record. With all of the squirrels I've killed, there is no sign of the population dropping. I just looked in my yard and counted 6 squirrels. I haven't put out feed in 3 days.