Other Backyard/Neighbor friendly PCP, do they exist?

Nice looking rifle........Why can I not find a picture of the other side?

I’m currently refinishing the stock on mine - stripped factory stain and rubbed in Tru-Oil.

This is both sides of stock. Pressure gauge is on side of rifle - otherwise the action is identical to Benjamin Cayden - with a bit better fit n finish than Caden on internal parts as well as a prettier stock.

-Ed

IMG_4198.jpeg

IMG_4197.jpeg

As you are in Canada, I highly recommend this rifle:

I have one - its EXTREMELY accurate - I use it for precision target shooting at 30 yards.

It doesn’t come with shroud or moderator - so you will be “legal”.

I recommend cutting the hammer spring from the delivered 3.1” (in .177) down to 2.6” . You will get an amazing unregulated shot string.

Because it has a long barrel (600mm) for a .177, this will be about as quiet as you can get without a shroud or moderator.

Even better, it has an externally adjustable transfer port. So you can dial in a great 880fps tune with 10.3g and simply turn the external knob to close down transfer port and reduce velocity to 500fps - when you want it really quiet.

Finally, its an incredibly beautiful PCP.

-Ed

View attachment 446221

View attachment 446225

View attachment 446226

View attachment 446227
Beautiful looking rifle. Impressive shot strings and accuracy.
I can only assume reduced velocity should tame muzzle report considerably?

I’m currently refinishing the stock on mine - stripped factory stain and rubbed in Tru-Oil.

This is both sides of stock. Pressure gauge is on side of rifle - otherwise the action is identical to Benjamin Cayden - with a bit better fit n finish than Caden on internal parts as well as a prettier stock.

-Ed

View attachment 446311

View attachment 446312
I see these on on sale now. I may need to pick on of these up! Beautiful looking rifle!

I refinished my JTS standard with 4 coats of hand rubbed Tung oil. Tru-oil is really nice too but, I ran out.

Thanks for the pics.

A pcp uses a short sharp pulse of air to push the pellet, there is no pcp that will be quite, there are a couple of things that help but it will still be loud. Longer barrel are more efficient so require less air, lower velocity, require less air and .22 is the most efficient at using air, the net result is a slightly quieter gun but it still will have a bark.

If you are able, find a gun that has a shroud that extends past the barrel, no baffles but the smallest endcap hole without clipping, it will help.

Or, as already mentioned, shoot from inside a building/shed through a small aperture with the barrel as far into the room as possible.

Or forget pcp’s and get a quality spring gun, these are much quieter that an unmoderated pcp and the tx 200 comes with a muzzle weight that doesn’t have baffles but does have a slight sound moderation. My tx200 was equally as accurate as any of my pcp’s but it was not as easy to be accurate with, they do require more skill (sorry if that offends pcp users) and once mastered are very rewarding to shoot.

Bb

A pcp uses a short sharp pulse of air to push the pellet, there is no pcp that will be quite, there are a couple of things that help but it will still be loud. Longer barrel are more efficient so require less air, lower velocity, require less air and .22 is the most efficient at using air, the net result is a slightly quieter gun but it still will have a bark.

If you are able, find a gun that has a shroud that extends past the barrel, no baffles but the smallest endcap hole without clipping, it will help.

Or, as already mentioned, shoot from inside a building/shed through a small aperture with the barrel as far into the room as possible.

Or forget pcp’s and get a quality spring gun, these are much quieter that an unmoderated pcp and the tx 200 comes with a muzzle weight that doesn’t have baffles but does have a slight sound moderation. My tx200 was equally as accurate as any of my pcp’s but it was not as easy to be accurate with, they do require more skill (sorry if that offends pcp users) and once mastered are very rewarding to shoot.

Bb
Thanks Bucketboy.
Gots me thinking I could certainly build a shed to shoot from.

Reactions: bucketboy
.22 benjamin marauder true definition of backyard friendly and can be tuned very low to 600 700 fps getting over 40 shots per fill and can't even hear it

That is the non regulated version

Unfortunately in Canada the Marauder is illegal as integrated suppression is not allowed.

My solution, if the neighbors are offended by the tiny pop of an air rifle it is time for new neighbors. And a new backyard.

You are right, the Marauder, especially the .177 and .22, power tuned down, are exceptionally quiet rifles. Even the .25 is nearly silent.