• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Backyard mystery gun pest control

Alex, I used a 1 1/2" rubber PVC coupling, a piece of 1 1/2" PVC, and a 1 1/2" threaded end cap. I cut the nub off of the cap, centered my $7 phone case from Amazon, and epoxied it to the cap. Cap goes on the PVC and the rubber coupling holds it to the scope. The Hawke scope's eye tube isn't as big as my UTG, so I wrapped it with paper towel so I could get a good bite on it with the coupling. 

Congrats on the new FX Impact. I just went with my first .25 cal. in the Wildcat for small game and a FX Verminator for ratting and small pests. I have not done any pesting or hunting with the .25 cal. but I expect it to be a hammer on the game like your Impact. It certainly is fun testing out a new rifle and getting it set-up for whatever type of shooting you like. I too am a lefty too as far as shooting with a left dominant eye. That is why I went with the above two rifles with their forward cocking levers. Bill
PS I made up a cheekpiece to use with my Wildcat. It really makes it more comfortable to shoot. Will post a video of what I did sometime.

The FX .25 cals are something else. They do not feel like they are shooting a .25 cal pellet that fast. The noise output and lack of violence when fired would have me to believe it's shooting at a much lower power than it truly is. I shouldered a Wildcat and it is an impressive rifle. The one I played with was in the laminate stock. That is the sexiest rifle I've seen up close with that stock. There are three reasons I didn't get a Wildcat. None of them would have been a deal breaker on their own. The first one is the pistol grip is too small for my hand. Just a little bit. The second was my beard got caught in the mag. The last is I wanted adjustable power. I wanted to be able to smack squirrels in my backyard and then go right into long range hunting with a turn of a knob. What I didn't realize was how quiet FX rifles are because I've been popping squirrels at full power (pellet not exceeding 900 fps for accuracy). I have yet to kill one at low power, but it's nice to know I have it available so I can tune for a lighter pellet. 

Helimech, 

I am hoping my Impact will arrive tomorrow or Tuesday. AoA shipped it last Thursday. Like me, it appears you settled for the silver over the black so the wait wouldn't be the rest of your life. I originally liked the silver over the black but changed my mind. Not that big a deal, I guess. Anyway, I ordered mine in .25 as well AND a recent "mystery" in the back yard has me happy I did.

I'm sure my Daystate Wolverine in .22 would handle the critter I believe is ransacking my squirrel feeder, but I would prefer to take it with a .25. Understand my use of a squirrel feeder is like putting cheese in a mouse trap. I have to thank Nick, the "Squirrel Hunter" on Youtube for that inspiration and the analogy. I filled it with the grocery store wildlife mix the other night and got up to find it empty with all contents consumed except the corn! The corn was scattered all over the ground under the feeder.

Last night, intending to stay up until the critter returned, I put out some peanut butter and cat food with some raw peanuts. Alas...I couldn't last and went to bed around midnight with no success. But this morning, as one would expect the bait was all gone. So my first thought was to head off to Cabelas and get myself a game camera today. Then, I thought why do all that? Just go to ACE Hardware and get a trap. But a trap will take all the thrill of discovery and setup away. When the girlfriend got up, she said she would love to go to Cabelas with me, so I'm going to go with the camera and wait for my Impact to arrive. I'm pretty sure the first critter I take with it is going to be a coon. Will update as the story unfolds.

On a different subject: What is that bike you have in your avatar? Looks like a V-Rod but I can't tell for sure. I've been a scooter tramp all of my adult life or about 41 years now. Currently ride a Geezerglide - 2014 Ultra LTD.

Cheers from Colorado!
Danny