• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Back yard shooters, range shooters or back woods shooters?

From the boat shed in my back yard I have out to 75 yds. Longer shots I go to the PB range where I used to work. Older or smarter I don't know but I don't shoot anything I have to carry or drag out of the woods anymore.

boat shed range.1632263352.jpg

I have a 15 yard indoor range via a .22 powder burner backstop and can shoot in the backyard out to 36 yards. At my lakehouse on Lewis Smith lake I can take it out to 50 yards and have plenty of tree rats, and other living targets to satisfy my appetite. I am in Alabama and a state law forbids any municipality from banning air rifle shooting. They passed it to keep the more liberal areas (few that their are) from stopping kids who want to learn how to shoot. We also have open carry, stand your ground, and lifetime concealed permits. In Cullman County, the concealed permits are free to any Veteran.

I like the thinking in your state !!!

Hey Biohazardman, 

Good to know there is at least one other person in The Peoples Republic of Multnomah County that enjoys air guns! I'm in a condo in Portland so no shooting there. If people in my building even knew I owned an air gun I would probably be ostracized. Luckily I have a place on the coast where I can shoot without it being frowned upon. Only problem is that I don't get to go there near as often as I would like. Enjoy your posts!

I was in an apartment where I could get a legit 10 meters, so I did a lot of shooting there at that distance. I have a few decent pistols, and a couple rifles that I used for that. The pistols were fun because it's a direct comparison for what they do in the olympics..

But now, having just recently moved to our own place, I have enough room to do whatever I want. I sit on the front porch and can shoot my new .25 Avenger at an 8" swinger that is 100 yards across the front grass, or go behind the house and shoot groups at 50 yards using whatever projectile dispenser I want, using my newly constructed target frame. I can even shoot to 400 yards down one of the fields, also right behind the house. I really am enjoying that Avenger, and I can see another PCP rifle in the not-too-distant future for me.

E6693A90-AEBD-45DB-A2E9-B15E2A843239.1633350374.jpeg
879C1082-B60D-4E47-BDF6-C3C118106A97.1633350122.jpeg
E0159C36-C890-48CE-876B-F6F49CD87B47.1633350123.jpeg
Kinda new to the forum, lot of good info here. Read a lot just haven’t posted very much, ears open mouth shut. I shoot/hunt around the house or out of the house! I can shoot out to 700 yards if I was so inclined, haven’t been yet. Lucky to live in the woods with zero neighbors. We’ve also got beautiful spring and snake creek running through our property.

I'm a back yard shooter. I use to only have 25 yards until a few months ago. I now have 50 yards but I had to work for it. I had to cut down some trees and clear a lot of vegetation to extend my range. My target area slopes down a hill into a valley with no housing for miles. I had to raise a target holder 12 feet into the air with a 2x4 in order to have a level line of sight from my shooting position.

20210302_162647.1633429945.jpg

20211005_180757.1633430025.jpg

20211005_180626.1633430109.jpg

20211005_180313.1633430185.jpg

For 100 yards, I have to drive about an hour to my family's property.

20190526_222728.1633430776.jpg

Looking at your signage there reminded me...

I have a friend who is a realtor. They have both fancy metal-frames signs and cheap signs like politicians put out. They fancy ones make decent target holders. 

The cheap ones are often a heavy enough paper that they serve as a good backing for your printed targets. Plus there's a new supply of them every April and November :)

Andy

Backyard for me. I am lucky enough to have 3 acres, and am surrounded by woods and farm land. Neighbors are far enough away that they likely never even hear me shooting and probably wouldn't care if they did. As much gunfire as I hear coming from neighbor properties you would think a small war broke out on some days. I hope to talk with the farmer and eventually get permission to rat hunt his barns.