Back yard shooters, range shooters or back woods shooters?

Just kind of curious if most members here shoot from their own property, drive to a shooting range or just drive out to the boondocks and fire away?

I only shoot from my back yard which is the main and only reason I got hooked into PCP shooting. I have DFL's on all my .45 and .50 calibers but they are still pretty loud which is fine cause there is not noise ordnance here except for barking dogs.

As a somewhat newbie here this most likely has already been asked.

"So now I have to drive to the range unless I am shooting in my basement."

Funny you would say that because I'm setting up a mini range in my basement for hand guns and rim fires. Only 36' long but at least I can shoot some of my firearms. I have a high CFM exhaust fan to suck fumes out. 

Still..I don't get why your local laws disallowed air guns...unreal but expected these days, sucks!

"So now I have to drive to the range unless I am shooting in my basement."

Funny you would say that because I'm setting up a mini range in my basement for hand guns and rim fires. Only 36' long but at least I can shoot some of my firearms. I have a high CFM exhaust fan to suck fumes out. 

Still..I don't get why your local laws disallowed air guns...unreal but expected these days, sucks!

We had a rash of the young ones running around in their vehicles sticking paintball guns out the window and spattering the unaware souls. So, rather than disciplining the guilty they just punished us all. We are very leftists here in Multnomah county, Oregon and do everything we possibly can to stop people from enjoying life.

When they were done with the city they added airguns to all of firearms restrictions also so we can't shoot anywhere firearms are not allowed to shoot. There are No Shooting and No Parking signs everywhere even up in the forests these days.

I’m able to shoot in the back yard with my air guns and have two shooting ranges on our property for the powder burners. Was up shooting a 375 H&H this afternoon to get ready for elk season. 
870B054A-A4EA-4AEC-A77C-362F53CA7A3B.1632208103.jpeg

Years back I moved to the country so I coukd shoot whatever I want. Neighbors all have gun ranges in there back yards. We are surounded by farm ground in ront and back. We are all respectfull of shooting times, only on New Years are there any shots fired after dark. Up close to the house is primarily airguns but out back a couple hundred yards is the firearm range. No shooting before 10am, no long hours of shooting, on ocassion the neighbor takes a cyote late at night but we all appreciate his keeping them under control. Never will I mov back into a restricted area. And no...we dont have any breakins or burgleries!!

I have a 15 yard indoor range via a .22 powder burner backstop and can shoot in the backyard out to 36 yards. At my lakehouse on Lewis Smith lake I can take it out to 50 yards and have plenty of tree rats, and other living targets to satisfy my appetite. I am in Alabama and a state law forbids any municipality from banning air rifle shooting. They passed it to keep the more liberal areas (few that their are) from stopping kids who want to learn how to shoot. We also have open carry, stand your ground, and lifetime concealed permits. In Cullman County, the concealed permits are free to any Veteran.

Charlie, you're making Alabama sound like somewhere I might want to retire! Now if only my wife would be interested. :)

I shoot almost only at home, indoors up to 14y, outdoors up to 42y. I've only taken them to an indoor range once so I'd have something to play with while my son shot his 9mm and 22LR pistols and 30-06 Savage. The only other time I've shot away from my home is at my brother's place, which is also his training range.

Being able to shoot any time I please is a big reason for me to into airguns.

Andy

I just found out that shooting an airgun within city limits in my area (like every single city in the region) was illegal.

But I was always a back yard shooter, with a daisy red ryder I probably shot 4 hours a day for 7 years straight. It really made a difference I've never really had to try to be a good shot with a rifle and I say it's thanks to that. I also had a crossman multi shot pistol sort of 1911 shaped also a springer.