• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Back yard plinking games

So I'm trying to get my 12 year old daughter into shooting more, she loves it but loses interest quick. With that said do you all know any fun 1v1, solo shooting games. She is super competitive and I'm pretty sure that will get her going competing with me. I have the mini golf targets but that gets old quick after a few rounds.

How many times can you hit the same can/ move it across the range with your shots.
Bottle caps at 50yards.
They have a round target that you shoot and it scoots around too.
See who can get more hits in a time limit.
Get those windmill spinners like for bicycles and hit the pedals in the wind.
Shotgun hulls on sticks shoved in the ground
So many more🥴

Reactions: maxtrouble
Tin cans on strings. Raw hamburger for bait and shoot the flies / bees / wasps. Take a 2x4 and router a thin channel. Use the channel to hold crackers, etc. Really hard to beat steel reactive targets. White spray paint followed by orange makes the targets stand out. Check this starter set here. See who can hit the most in a row.

When my boys were young and getting into serious accuracy, we put up a piece of white paper, smeared dog poop on the paper in three spots. Each shooter claimed a spot and shot the flies that landed on the smear of poop !! We only counted the holes that showed blood around the edges which meant you actually hit the fly ! Sounds gross but great fun !!
Another was to stick wooden matches in small holes and light them without shooting the head off.....

The dueling tree in the bundle that maxtrouble posted is what I was thinking of as well. I've been meaning to buy one and will finally do that right now. It looks like a lot of fun for two people to compete, especially at longer range with harder shots and if the participants are super competitive! ;)

Capture222.JPG

Yes I really need to build a Kyl target those look fun. Was thinking some clay pigeon targets but that would get expensive after a while, not to mention messy and my dog would probably try and eat them lol..
IMG_1639.jpg
everything here made from Lowes , 1/2 inch wide flat bar stock drilled then twisted then washers attached,

"Know your limits " spinner targets when it gets easy you just move a longer distance . OR DIY smaller washers
I'm fond of that little chicken silhouette that PA sends in that pack of 4. Need to find a string or something to tie it to amd stake it. I'm always chasing it around🤣