• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate Back up air rifle for field target

My Extreme FT rifle is a .25 Red Wolf HP, my AAFTA Hunter rifle is a .177 Wolverine, and I've owned a .25 Ghost. Get the Wolverine!

177 Wolverine.jpg

Hey everyone I’m trying to decide on a back up for my red wolf in 177 for field target. As a fan of daystate my first consideration would be a wolverine, but the introduction of the BRK Ghost has some appeal. If those of you with knowledge of the two platforms would give me your opinion it would be greatly appreciated.
Mike
Hey Mike, I totally get this quest / question 😁
I had a Redwolf set up for HFT but wanted a different weight to shoulder ratio so I bought a Ghost carbine which I liked it sooo
much I sold my Redwolf.
Fast forward and now I was wanting a back up HFT rifle for my Ghost 🤪.
Well Daystate had just come out with the Wolverine Sapphire. Oh yeah I did that!
The reason I went with the Sapphire was because of the adjustability of the stock.
I was so impressed with the fitment of the Sapphire that I decided hey - my extreme FT .25 rifle should be a wolverine but alas the regular Wolverine lacked the sapphire’s adjustable platform… oh yeah another Sapphire.
I have an Alphawolf with multiple caliber options as well but the Ghost and the Wolverine Sapphire are very complimentary HFT platforms for me, that will always outperform me, and allow me to mix things up….
Honestly one gun one scope is the way to go but that ain’t happening 😎

Thank you all for the feedback it is greatly appreciated. My desire for a backup is to not drive for well over an hour to a match and have the one gun I brought fail with no alternative but to go home. As for ghost vs wolverine there seems to be an even split. Most of you think I’m gonna end up replacing my red wolf with one of the above and then add multiple calibers. Whew my fun money is not smiling, guess I’ll have to make a decision soon. As for you Solo 1 I look forward to shooting with you at a future event, I’ll be the old guy trying to decide what to shoot.
Thanks again everyone.

Reactions: Solo1