Back at pesting/hunting and longest kill ALRIGHT

Got the 4runner back, broken ignition switch replaced. 10 o'clock back to the RV pickup a gun for a little morning hunt. Looking slow, good temps bit of wind but the squirrels were not out much. Got to one corner in a hay field where a couple were running around. Get Caldwell bags on hood, nothing uhh. A few beyond my range, well might as well try a couple shots, set bags good and solid for one feeding he gives me a good profile shot, wind light from left two mils should do it, now how much hold over. Just looking I know it's over a 100 settled on 10 mils. Let the shot go and with it facing right the hold was near its but hit was on it's head roll on it's back feet kicking, Now the beyong gunning fun, a Red Tail hawk within seconds is on the squirrel for breakfast "SO COOL". Noow I know the shot is out there so ask the wife for the range finder and have a good target the Hawk. Holy moly 125-126 yards dang big smile and first shot down the barrel for the day. If any are interested 500mm barrel, Crown, 130 bar about 930 fps, Hades .22 with a NightForce mil scope on 14x. Good day, not a lot of squirrels up because of wind but enough to keep interest up110-120 shots This was yesterday and I switched to JSB 18.13 in the afternoon as they are better in the wind.

Hi Len, 

Glad to see you back out again. There was someone in a Toyota like yours shooting in Joe's backyard Friday morning, we thought it might be you. We had completely different conditions than you 😁. No wind, reasonably warm and squirrels everywhere. We shot until about noon and left for home. Probably one of the best mornings we have had in a couple of years. You should be in for some incredible shooting the next week or so. Keep us informed on how you do.

Jim in Sacramento

Today was good sun wind and babies up in force. 230 or so shots at least 4 doubles and may be a triple but not shure. Not 230 kills LOL several second or 3rd to get the windage and tiny heads. Water is being turned on everywhere. Think I made a new friend with that Red Tail Hawk shot on his ground this morning and he/she was in for breakfast lunch not once but twice. But did retreat to the top of a power pole to dine.

Good meeting 2 members here while pesting, well not the pesting but at the motel, and yes we kept or social distance.