Aztec Emerald First Focal Plane...

Hey guys,

I am about to jump on this scope but want to ask a few questions about it first..

Is the reticle clear and big enough to see on low power for shooting at 20 - 40 yards? Are these scopes Shock proof, water proof, fog proof and are good to use with Center Fire Rifles not just air guns for long range shooting? For anyone that has one, give me your thoughts on it so far...Thanks guys : )

Mark

I just bought a vortex diamondback ffp with a moa reticle formy 308. My buddy has the Aztec on his streamline and after looking through mine he said he wished he bought the vortex. It has better glass and focuses down past 20yds. I’m not saying Aztec is bad by any means because it’s a nice scope but if you have the chance to hold the vortex I’d go check it out. Only gripe I have is it doesn’t have turret locks. 

I did just purchase another....SWFA SS 3 - 15X42...and yes there are really really good for the money but i wanted something with the "Illumination" Option and the reticle on the Aztec....i really like it. I went "Scope Crazy" for black friday and picked up like 5 scopes including a Sightron SIII, SWFA and a Hawke ED from Baker airguns which had a %20 percent off and it's still good till next week i believe. But yeah guys i like Aztec and that illumination option is what did it for me, i like illumination on all my scopes. 

The main negative to the scope is that the turrets aren't completely resettable. What I mean by that is that if you have your scope zeroed you have to settle with having the turret set a few clicks off. I attempted to write to Aztec regarding this on 2 different occasions and they refused to respond to me. Aside from that, the scope is pretty clear and it seems as though the turrets track correctly.

I did not know that about the turrets. I tried to contact Aztec optics as well in regards to any future plans on a high magnification scope like 10 x 60......that would be sweet, with the same reticle in 2nd focal plane. Any how, they did not respond back and i e mailed them like twice already. 

I just got my shipping tracking information from "Trenier Outdoors" and can't wait to get it in. If it does not work well with my PCP's i will just put it on my .17WSM Savage for some long range stuff. 

I didn't know either. In fact, I purchased the optic based on Matt's Dubber's review and he clearly stated that the turrets were resettable. Had the option to return it back to Utah Airguns, but decided against it because I like that the turrets and reticle are in MOA. But next time, I will look at purchasing a different scope in the future. Best wishes and hope you enjoy it.