Awesome Athlon Service

I wanted to give a shout out about the awesome warranty service from Athlon. My Argos BTR FFP 6-24x50 started to have problems with the side focus slipping. I emailed Athlon and they got back to me right away and said to ship the scope in. I shipped out on Wednesday last week - they confirmed the arrival on Friday last week. Unfortunately they confirmed that there was a problem with the side focus via a phone call (who does that these days). They promptly sent a new/replacement scope back to me that day - even swapped it out for a MOA version. I received it today. The replacement now has caps and zero stop washers. Just awesome service in under a week. I wish I could have the same service with my Hawke Airmax's...

Dan

I enjoy both of my Athlon Midas Tac scopes, the 44 and the 50. I also have almost a dozen, or more,Hawke Airmax scopes- depending on if you count the ones I bought and put on my grandson's rifles.

Please. Describe your problems with Hawke, and their warranty service, so I can better understand why I should choose one vendor, over another.

Am I the only person that suspects others on this forum are trying to manipulate us? Trying to manipulate purchases? I suspect several "people" on this forum are not legtimate "users" and are actually shills for a brand. If you are not, you have my apologies.

Of course they are trying to manipulate us. It’s here and it’s everywhere. I’ve been manipulated into buying too many airguns and accessories, lol!

No ***** here, just relaying my personal experience with a very reputable firm. I bought and paid for all of my shooting junk with my own money. Unfortunately too much junk - the scope hunt has been particularly frustrating. The Althon (and Vortex Diamondback FFP) scopes seem to be a good middle of the road, not too expensive but not the best at ranging either. Someday, I hope to try out a premier scope to see what I have really been missing.

The problem I am having with the Hawke is with the 4-16x50 Airmax 30's. While they seem to have all of the key features for an excellent field target scope, they just don't live up to their price. I have two of them and can not get a clear focus on the target. I have a 6-24x50 Airmax and it is better, but the Athlon has "showed me the light" on how a clear a scope can be. I sent one 4-16 back and got a bit better replacement, but it is still not clear enough to range for field target. Once i get a good focus, the target image goes blurry and indistinct - my eyes even hurt after a short time using it. I tried a number of different ocular adjustments and setups, just get a blurry target image in the end. I have even tried an aperture - a 3d printed ring to snap in to reduce the size of the objective. It helped, but really reduced the brightness. I have a message into Hawke, just have not had time to follow-up with them. The contrast that I was pointing out with Athlon is that they asked me to describe the problem, then promptly said send it in, we'll look at it, and fix or replace it without question. 

The objective of my post was to point out some very positive experience I have had, which may hopefully help someone else out.

Dan

Am I the only person that suspects others on this forum are trying to manipulate us? Trying to manipulate purchases? I suspect several "people" on this forum are not legtimate "users" and are actually shills for a brand. If you are not, you have my apologies.

Want to talk about someone they to "manipulate purchases"? How about when someone asked about a scope for a PCP (MRod) and some guy posts about a scope for springers touting their warranty? Makes me wonder if the guy even read the question, or was just "pushing" his brand. (You may want to look in the mirror)

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/scope-recommendation-for-25-benjamin-marauder/#post-425637

Well! I am not the only one who thinks/believes this.

I like my Athlon Midas Tac scopes. Problem is, everyone is selling us the same shi$, just slightly modified. Have you looked at what the other optics dealers are selling?

I am not stupid enough to buy what they are selling. I would rather buy an optic that costs twice as much, to avoid giving a turd dealer anything!

Thank you!

Well! I am not the only one who thinks/believes this.

I like my Athlon Midas Tac scopes. Problem is, everyone is selling us the same shi$, just slightly modified. Have you looked at what the other optics dealers are selling?

I am not stupid enough to buy what they are selling. I would rather buy an optic that costs twice as much, to avoid giving a turd dealer anything!

Thank you!

Not sure I'm following what you're saying. What would you like us to "look at"? Seems like you are making a dig on Athlon, but then you say you like yours? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

The sad thing is, most will not think for themselves. They will sieze on a statement by another, and hold that as their "holy grail."

I encourage everyone, to think for themself! (Herself. I love my daughter!) Do not be a stooge, owned, by the people selling crap on this website!

Here you go (same crap, slightly different specs)-

Athlon-

https://athlonoptics.com/product-category/rifle-scopes/midas-tac/

Vortex-

http://vortexoptics.com/category/diamondback_tactical_riflescopes

YMMV!

Kind regards, and my apologies to the OP if you did not intend to be a part of this, as a *****.

My wife says I lost my filter, after my cancer surgery last July. I think she may be right.

I simply call bullpoop, when I see bullpoop, as I may dead, tomorrow!

BTW- to the person who told me not to post, when I have been drinking- I do not drink. I have cancer. I am dying. I am tired of bullpoop, from others, and have none to give.

The sad thing is, most will not think for themselves. They will sieze on a statement by another, and hold that as their "holy grail."

I encourage everyone, to think for themself! (Herself. I love my daughter!) Do not be a stooge, owned, by the people selling crap on this website!

Here you go (same crap, slightly different specs)-

Athlon-

https://athlonoptics.com/product-category/rifle-scopes/midas-tac/

Vortex-

http://vortexoptics.com/category/diamondback_tactical_riflescopes

YMMV!

Kind regards, and my apologies to the OP if you did not intend to be a part of this, as a *****.

My wife says I lost my filter, after my cancer surgery last July. I think she may be right.

I simply call bullpoop, when I see bullpoop, as I may dead, tomorrow!

Still not sure what you're saying. Are you saying the Ford Focus is really a Toyota Tercel with a different name? They aren't and neither are the 2 scope you are comparing.

I give up. If you cannot figure it out on your own, go find a life picking daisies!

I understand how you must feel having cancer as I have seen many friends and family members go thru it, but if you would take the anger you apparently have and turn it into something positive I think you will live a happier and likely happier/longer life.

Good Luck.

Reactions: bandg
Athlon definitely has my full attention. I am glad to hear that your experience with them was I have yet to hear a legitimate negative review of them. But I do see and hear plenty of compliments all the same: "Great glass," "solid construction," "accurate," "reliable," and of course "excellent customer service."

Interestingly, this is also the third time now that I have heard of someone sending a scope to Athlon, getting fast customer service, and recieving an upgraded model back in the mail.

I seriously think the next scope I buy will be an Athlon. I have no problem giving hard-earned money to people who go the extra mile to provide personal service to their customers to "make things right." The guys at Athlon are sounding more and more like that kind of people.