• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

[AVS SLUGS] .3033 CUP Base 57.5 Grains intentionally made for the Leshiy 2?

Just like the title says, I recently came to this item on AVS's site without any further explanation. Does the mysterious "L2" stands for the Leshiy 2?
1656270755926.png

Has anyone heard of any marketing from AVS to make slugs exclusively for the Leshiy 2? I remember there were some talk about the 0.3033 55 and 60 grains. This 57.5 grains is new to me and seems like a mystery without any further details.
If you guys could fill in the mission information, I would be greatly appreciated!

Yeah, these have been for sale on the Edgun West site for over a month now. I already have about 10 boxes of them.

They have them in all the standard calibres: .22, .25, .30.

I think there is an EGW thread in the vendor forum. Here it is: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/nsa-leshiy-slugs.1256957/

Oh, whoops. This is NSA.

@delooper NSA .3033 47,5 is great, but very hard to shove it in the mag. For that same problem, since I cannot fit the 61.5 grain in fully, my accuracy suffered. Just got some 57.5x .3033 AVS slug and update my findings. Will be testing with Alfa Barrel 350 and 600mm
Following that! About to order the same. Are you gonna try Dish or cup based avs slugs ?

@Hoffman9517 I am going to try cup based AVS slugs. Since the 350mm of mine only likes pellets at lower reg pressure (~120 bar), I will find more confidence testing it with the 600mm barrel and post my findings here. I was able to hit a decent 3-shot group at 50 yard with the 350mm barrel today though, but that does not mean anything. Seems like either I have a bad lottery result on the 350mm AP barrel, or do not know how to shoot a short barrel properly/ do not know what I am doing.

Reactions: Hoffman9517
@Hoffman9517 I am going to try cup based AVS slugs. Since the 350mm of mine only likes pellets at lower reg pressure (~120 bar), I will find more confidence testing it with the 600mm barrel and post my findings here. I was able to hit a decent 3-shot group at 50 yard with the 350mm barrel today though, but that does not mean anything. Seems like either I have a bad lottery result on the 350mm AP barrel, or do not know how to shoot a short barrel properly/ do not know what I am doing.
Well

Following that! About to order the same. Are you gonna try Dish or cup based avs slugs ?
Well looking forward to hearing about the 600 AP with The cup based AVS' And good luck with the 350mm. We're you getting enough speed for the slugs in the 350?

How do NSA and AVS slugs compare? AVS is unavailable in Canada. They look quite similar to me, apparently.
Haven't tried avs but the NSA are really tight in the 4 mags I have. Didn't even bother forcing them as I can't do it by hand out in the field. But people who have gotten them to fit seem to have good results out of the Alphas.