Average Group Size

Hello everyone,

Absolutely perfect and beautiful Spring day with everything now green and flowers growing and NO WIND. And I just could not get my mo-jo working even with these great conditions. Here is my best effort so far shooting at 25-yards this morning. My Best Average for this card is a .1953", shooting my FX Crown MK II .177cal and using FX 13.4 pellets.

Nice Card, Tom!

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello @Firewalker

Thank you it is not bad but you know how it is, always want to do better than last time. I have had high winds for the last month and this morning the flags were just hanging straight down and I figured I was going to shoot the perfect card :) . This is what keeps us going I guess :confused:

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Just cannot stop shooting on a beautiful day like today even though the wind is now 2 to 4mph but not enough to effect my 10-meter shooting. Shot this card with the Crosman Challenger .177 cal and used H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr pellets and an Best Average of .0999 inch. Love this rifle

ThomasT
Best Average C to C Group 1.7.jpg

Hello everyone,

Cloudy overcast skies but no wind so I set up on the 10-Meter range and shot a bunch of paper until it started to sprinkle a bit. I shot the heck out of this Best Average C to C group target and got really close to a perfect card. The Best Average score on this card is a .0022 inches and is the lowest Average that I have shot to date.

ThomasT
Best Average C to C Group 1.8.jpg

• Wow
Hello everyone,

Cloudy overcast skies but no wind so I set up on the 10-Meter range and shot a bunch of paper until it started to sprinkle a bit. I shot the heck out of this Best Average C to C group target and got really close to a perfect card. The Best Average score on this card is a .0022 inches and is the lowest Average that I have shot to date.

ThomasT
View attachment 345363
Nice shooting! Glad to see your average going down. It would be fun to graph the averages over time to see how you are doing.

Nice shooting! Glad to see your average going down. It would be fun to graph the averages over time to see how you are doing.
Hello Ross,

Boy I was on top of my game this morning and so much better than yesterday. My graph would be up and down, I have not been consistent but not too far off either. Everything just felt right today :D . It never did rain so I just mowed the yard and might be able to shoot this afternoon.

ThomasT

Last edited:
Hello Ross,

Boy I was on top of my game this morning and so much better than yesterday. My graph would be up and down, I have not been consistent but not too far off either. Everything just felt right today :D . It nnever did rain so I just mowed the yard and might be able to shoot this afternoon.

ThomasT
How about a trend curve - gets rid of ups and downs and creates one straight line that is either ascending or descending. Will show you if you are getting better or not.

• Love
Here is my offering for the Best Average C to C Group Challenge, yes this is some what of a cop-out with this target, it's my 3-N-1 target :LOL::ROFLMAO::oops:. I took the BugBuster scope off one of my pistols and installed it on the Challenger and set up in my shop and shot at 15-feet. Boy if that scope had a fine line / dot reticale, it would be super on these short ranges.

ThomasT
Best Average C to C Group 1.9.jpg

Hello everyone,

Seldom do we ever get perfect shooting conditions outdoors, but when we move indoors it becomes a different story. Bad weather outside today so I set up on my 15-foot indoor range and put targets on both of my Big Bang Pellet Traps and then set the conditions. I have four fluorescent overhead lights in my shop. One light is directly over my targets so I turn it off and I do not have to look into the bright light. I have another one off to the side of the targets and I turn that one on to light up the targets. I turn the middle light off and the one over my bench I turn on. Then the fun begins punching a lot of holes in paper and I shot a really good Best Average Center to Center Group this morning with an average of .0323 inches :p . That is awfully close to only 1/32 of an inch and Shooting my Crosman Challenger with H&N Sport 8.18gr pellets. I had reinstalled the Shoe on the rifle and wedged it in the Lyman bag to where it was locked in place and used the Bag Jack for elevation change. Here are some photos of the set up and my offering to Ross @rsfrid for today entry for the Challenge.

ThomasT
Challenger-BBPT.1.jpg
Challenger-BBPT.2.jpg
Challenger-BBPT.3.jpg
Best Average C to C Group 1.10.jpg

Hello everyone,

Seldom do we ever get perfect shooting conditions outdoors, but when we move indoors it becomes a different story. Bad weather outside today so I set up on my 15-foot indoor range and put targets on both of my Big Bang Pellet Traps and then set the conditions. I have four fluorescent overhead lights in my shop. One light is directly over my targets so I turn it off and I do not have to look into the bright light. I have another one off to the side of the targets and I turn that one on to light up the targets. I turn the middle light off and the one over my bench I turn on. Then the fun begins punching a lot of holes in paper and I shot a really good Best Average Center to Center Group this morning with an average of .0323 inches :p . That is awfully close to only 1/32 of an inch and Shooting my Crosman Challenger with H&N Sport 8.18gr pellets. I had reinstalled the Shoe on the rifle and wedged it in the Lyman bag to where it was locked in place and used the Bag Jack for elevation change. Here are some photos of the set up and my offering to Ross @rsfrid for today entry for the Challenge.

ThomasT
View attachment 346671View attachment 346672View attachment 346674View attachment 346675
Nice shooting as always Thomas. I'm really liking that Crosman. You made a good selection there.

• Love
Nice shooting as always Thomas. I'm really liking that Crosman. You made a good selection there.
Hello @rsfrid

Well I must agree 100%, I'm loving this little rifle more every time that I shoot it. However I did make the purchase based on your and other Forum members recommendation and a lot of research. Re-installing the Shoe made a huge improvement for stability on the bags.

ThomasT

My shooting today. After zeroing and leading in my Maverick Sniper fitted with a new Impulse Air 1200 with 2 extra baffles, I proceeded to shoot groups. Not spectacular at first, when gun and operator settled down to steady aim, the groups were better. Here is a 15 foot bb gun card that I shot at 25 yards.

IMG_2848.jpeg

Then I shot this set of bulls with one shot each for simple accuracy.

IMG_2849.jpeg

I didn't score these cards, but they look pretty good. Now on to outdoors at 50 yards.

• Love
My shooting today. After zeroing and leading in my Maverick Sniper fitted with a new Impulse Air 1200 with 2 extra baffles, I proceeded to shoot groups. Not spectacular at first, when gun and operator settled down to steady aim, the groups were better. Here is a 15 foot bb gun card that I shot at 25 yards.

View attachment 348488

Then I shot this set of bulls with one shot each for simple accuracy.

View attachment 348487

I didn't score these cards, but they look pretty good. Now on to outdoors at 50 yards.
Hello @rsfrid

Well they all look pretty good to me :D

ThomasT

• Love