Average Group Size

Today's shooting — .012” average center to center 12 targets, 5 shots each. 7 yards with HW44 scoped pistol in 177 caliber. Details are in photo. No cherry picked groups for this shooter 😏

IMG_2852.jpeg

Today's shooting — .012” average center to center 12 targets, 5 shots each. 7 yards with HW44 scoped pistol in 177 caliber. Details are in photo. No cherry picked groups for this shooter 😏

View attachment 349597
Hello @rsfrid

More first class shooting (y) (y) (y)

ThomasT

Reactions: Str8tshooter
My average card and average groups at 7 yards with my Atomic XR pistol. .048” average not too bad.

View attachment 347242
where do you measure the 7 yards from ? exactly ? from the muzzle tip ? hand ? leaning against the back wall ? I go with the muzzle any where i shoot . The rules is standing say the toe of the front most foot but for me standing my muzzle is almost a yard in front of my toe .

Reactions: Str8tshooter
where do you measure the 7 yards from ? exactly ? from the muzzle tip ? hand ? leaning against the back wall ? I go with the muzzle any where i shoot . The rules is standing say the toe of the front most foot but for me standing my muzzle is almost a yard in front of my toe .
I'm not that exact because this isn't a competition. I measure from target face to front of shooting table. It's approximate for me and I used to label with "approximately 7 yards" but figure that's ridiculous. Who cares?

I'm not that exact because this isn't a competition. I measure from target face to front of shooting table. It's approximate for me and I used to label with "approximately 7 yards" but figure that's ridiculous. Who cares?
just wondered is all , front of the table is what i find at my club range . i just place the muzzle at the front of the table

Reactions: rsfrid
Decided to sling a little lead today. I'm trying out the leftover FX 10.3 pellets I have that didn't do well in my new Impact 177. Needless to say, my HW44 loves these pellets. These groups are 5 each pellets straight from tin (no sorting). This HW44 typically groups about .04” center to center at 7 yards. These groups average half that! Specs are written on target #1.

IMG_2864.jpeg
IMG_2865.jpeg

Decided to sling a little lead today. I'm trying out the leftover FX 10.3 pellets I have that didn't do well in my new Impact 177. Needless to say, my HW44 loves these pellets. These groups are 5 each pellets straight from tin (no sorting). This HW44 typically groups about .04” center to center at 7 yards. These groups average half that! Specs are written on target #1.

View attachment 353848View attachment 353849
Hello @rsfrid

That is more really fine shooting, looks like you used a drill bit on a couple of them 🎯 :D.

ThomasT