Average age of our members.

1579616814_1327740495e270a2eaf0f14.56498906_20191012_145047.jpg

OP -- I'll bet you didn't think you would have received this many responses, when you posed the 'average age' question? I didn't think so either initially when I first read your post, but surprisingly to me you did get a lot of feedback and more than I thought. This is a good thing. 😄

I'm 66 years old and got into air guns about 3 years ago. Coincidentally, I retired in 2016 and I spend a lot of time at the range, cleaning guns, adding accessories, etc...Also do a lot of reading GTA and AGN posts. Fascinating hobby and I'm so happy I jumped into the rabbit hole. It seems that I can never learn enough and I like the knowledge challenge, although it can be very humbling at times!

Others have said it, but I think the average age appears to be a bit older; perhaps in the neighborhood of 65-70 years old based on a quick guess from these responses. It does require time and money, but the reward is more than worth it.

68 next month! "Discovered" PCP'S 4 years ago & I swear it's made me feel younger. Been playing drums professionally since 12 years old & that's kept me physically agile & adept. Walking properties, climbing trees & fences are no problem for me YET. Some mornings I feel 90 but when I get out to hunt it gets better quickly. I'm a lucky & blessed guy!

Forgot to add: Didn't see "Socaloldman" comment here. (He's too old to be able to read this or type response! Sorry Nick, couldn't help myself) 

I'll be 73 in a couple of weeks. My brother gave me a Crosman 102 at age 9. I bought a Wischo 55N from Air Rifle Headquarters in 1969 and a Feinwerkbau 124 from John Burroughs in Tarzana Ca in 1976. I still shoot it today. I have bought several Airguns from AOA and will get another in March when I visit AZ. When I lived in AZ I probably shot over 11,000 pest birds. All with a FX500. I just got back Sunday from a San Diego bird hunt. I will be visiting Longbrownbox Chuck next month for some fun airgun shooting. What I'm trying to say is, 73 years has not slowed me down any. I still feel like a kid when I shoot airguns. Have fun, Scott