Avenger Wood Stock & Accuracy?

I have the AV Avenger with the synthetic stock on back order at Pyramyd Air. After watching the Air Gun Ballistics 101 series on AirArmsHuntingSA and hearing about POI changes due to stock inertia, and rewatching their review of the Avenger with comments about the lightness of the synthetic stock, I am now wondering if I would have a more accurate gun with the wood stock vs the synthetic stock. Does anyone have any thoughts or insight on this? I understand that it will be a heavier gun with the wood stock but I am specifically asking about any impact to the accuracy of the gun. Thanks!

Oh for sure a wooden stock is going to help with accuracy just like any good stock does vs flimsy plastic. But is it going to fix the POI shifting issue? Nope. POI changes (from what I know) is due to the barrel shifting within the shroud , and the donny fl adapter fixes it.

Ordered the Donny FL adapter with the gun order for that exact reason.

Well, here's the opposite experience of what one would expect; 

Synthetic stock accuracy = great, but switch out to wood and gun shoots 7-8 inches lower at 40 yards and group size doubles... Tried different torque values on the action screws, but so far no joy.

Can slip a piece of paper from front of action to barrel band without any snags.

Receiver to stock fit seems great.

This situation has me baffled.

Oh for sure a wooden stock is going to help with accuracy just like any good stock does vs flimsy plastic. But is it going to fix the POI shifting issue? Nope. POI changes (from what I know) is due to the barrel shifting within the shroud , and the donny fl adapter fixes it.

You can add weight to the synthetic stock by removing the butt plate add a pound stick of duct seal(still in the wrapper for easy removal) and try it for yourself. Home depot and lowes have the duct seal in the electrical department.

The barrel is supported inside shroud just forward of the band.

You can push a plastic trash bag into the stock and fill it with two part marine foam or even the type in a spray can by adding a longer tube to the can so you can start in the deepest point and fill it evenly. You can skip the bag if you have no plans to remove the foam. Leave the butt cap off for a day or two to fully cure the foam. The denser the foam the more solid the stock will feel.

Weight could be added to the foam with a steel rod and be easy to remove.

av - Copy.1630552436.jpg

I've switched from the plastic stock to the wood stock, and have added the DonnyFL adapter + a moderator. The gun's POI still tends to hop around for me. This weekend might be research time - I have a few scopes, a couple of guns, and a ton of pellets, so I might swap them around a little bit and see if I find a pattern.

As for accuracy, I shoot the wooden one better now than I did the plastic one then. Plus it just looks better.