• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Avenger vs Fortitude in 177?

I’ve heard the same about the 177 avengers. The avenge x has a transfer port restrictor so it will probably tune down better. I think with the regular avenger you are probably going to need 10.5 gr pellets and heavier. With that said in my opinion the avenger is a MUCH better platform than the fortitude. I’m pretty sure the fortitude is basically a regulated Maximus. I owned a Maximus and hated everything about that cheap pos gun.

Reactions: MongooseV8
Here is another option. Killer deal on a Gamo Coyote. They have both the 177 and 22 on sale right now for $290, cheaper than an Urban.

Here is another option. Killer deal on a Gamo Coyote. They have both the 177 and 22 on sale right now for $290, cheaper than an Urban.

Man that's a sweet deal . Now I will be thinking about it all day. Dam it !

Last edited:
Well I am my own worst enemy. I couldnt resist. Gamo sent me another promo code for looking at the Coyote too many times and got another 15% off the sale price. Had to pay ~$18 for shipping but was easily worth the cheaper price. After tax $287 shipped for a new Coyote. If you guys never hear from me again, the wife got me lol. :ninja: (y)

OP you might want to take some time to research the Coyote before you make a final decision. There are only a couple left at that price and you prolly wont see them this low again. FYI the promo code they sent me was ADDSGAM1524

Reactions: Headshots
Well I am my own worst enemy. I couldnt resist. Gamo sent me another promo code for looking at the Coyote too many times and got another 15% off the sale price. Had to pay ~$18 for shipping but was easily worth the cheaper price. After tax $287 shipped for a new Coyote. If you guys never hear from me again, the wife got me lol. :ninja: (y)

OP you might want to take some time to research the Coyote before you make a final decision. There are only a couple left at that price and you prolly wont see them this low again. FYI the promo code they sent me was ADDSGAM1524

That's the deal of the year. Congrats. So did you get a .177 ? Looking forward to your review . I will be kicking myself later on for not jumping on that deal .

OP
I have a Umerex Origin, same as the Avenger but no reg . It is mostly plastic . Even the side lever . Imo , The Gamo Coyote or Urbans are in a different league as far as build quality . The mag doesn't like slugs but it shoots CHPS with accuracy and decent power. Squirrels hate them .

That's the deal of the year. Congrats. So did you get a .177 ? Looking forward to your review . I will be kicking myself later on for not jumping on that deal .

OP
I have a Umerex Origin, same as the Avenger but no reg . It is mostly plastic . Even the side lever . Imo , The Gamo Coyote or Urbans are in a different league as far as build quality . The mag doesn't like slugs but it shoots CHPS with accuracy and decent power. Squirrels hate them .
Thanks, yeah I want to try a 177. I have a 22Cal Coyote and Urban already and always felt the platform would be best in a 177. I will likely swap the wood stock for the Urban stock as I think that is better for the type of shooting I do.

Reactions: Headshots
Yeah go for the Chinese Fortitude thinking it's actually American,...the Avenger runs circles around the fortitude but go for the inferior Crosman if that makes you feel good.
I was under the impression that the Fortitue was made at Crosmans manufacturig facility in New York, but may be wrong about that.
The Avenger however is Chinese made.
I actualy, I don't own or have any desire to own either one. I have much better rifles than either of them.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I've not experienced an Avenger but Crosman REALLY missed the boat with the Fortitude...
My main complaints about the Discovery and Maximus was the two screw breech block mounting. The four screw mounting on the Fortitude made scope mounting a better option... a smaller, lighter Mrod... I would have expected them to FLY off the shelves if it had an Mrod trigger and tuning features in a reasonable wood stock. Picture light hunter at 12 to 30 ft lb with nice trigger.
Instead we got a Discovery with better breech block but much more expensive...

Bob