• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenger upgrades and accessories

You can really get a pretty good trigger with this mod and it's very easy to do.
So far it's working out great for me. I have it set for a nice light trigger right now but with a quick adjustment I'm ready to hit the woods.

Just a note to anyone doing this mod, you can put the screw far enough in that the gun fires with the safety on. Something to be aware of.

Reactions: Drew816
You can really get a pretty good trigger with this mod and it's very easy to do.
So far it's working out great for me. I have it set for a nice light trigger right now but with a quick adjustment I'm ready to hit the woods.

Just a note to anyone doing this mod, you can put the screw far enough in that the gun fires with the safety on. Something to be aware of.
Very nice and easy mod for the Avenger trigger assembly. Ordered the set screws from Amazon and will install this weekend. The kit was $9.00 and has a ton of other sizes of set screws for working on other guns. Thanks!

Something that it seems alot of people aren't aware of is using barrel bands or any other device that will transfer deflection from the stock or bottles to the barrel will cause inaccuracies. The best thing to do is leave the barrel free floated from the receiver.
Except that on this particular gun just the opposite is true. these aren’t heavy barrels like most firearms. Some are quite thin and are more accurate if tensioned or supported in some way. My Avenger not only has barrel bands but also supports inside the shroud and is capable of 1-1/2“ and better groups at 100yds. All 3 of my Hatsan’s have tensioned barrels and shoot terrible if I remove the shrouds. On the other hand, all of my powder burners are free floated.

Reactions: longdog
True free floating means nothing, nothing is touching the barrel at all except for where it attaches to the breech.
The Avenger doesn’t have a free floating barrel.
I get that, but if the barrel itself is well supported by the shroud and in place firmly by the front baffle assembly, the whole assembly can be free floated. When it has a stock or barrel bands touching it, that upward pressure transfers to upward pressure on the barrel.

Hi All,
I like many others also worked on improving accuracy on my Avenger gen1.

Improved barrel centering
Integrated airstripper
Reworked trigger action and finger grip
Second version with sloth for external Plenum

Free unsupported barrel / Shroud
New front riffle support that grips tightly on the the two pressure pipes.
Integrated holders for up to 1000 gram Lead ballast.
Casting of Lead ballast weights. (The image shows the prototype with dummy weights)
Added 0.5 kg lead to the hollow stock near the sholder

Tested and it made a major difference to POI change when you switch between different targets (Like Benchrest shooting)
Avenger upgrade 3d printed front stock .jpg

20230909_151352.jpg

20230909_143839.jpg

20230909_144004.jpg

20231010_222741.jpg

20231010_223457.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBeardedGunsmith