Avenger updates?

I love mine in 22. This was 10 shots yesterday at 100 yards. All of my groups were surprisingly good as I don't get out to 100 often. 
120622830_456169358687704_2200643759261205303_n.jpg

Too little time to truly see dependability. Accuracy is really good at 50 yards and at 100 it is very good still especially at $300 dollars. it really likes the 33 and 36 grain NSA slugs and hades or heavies when it comes to pellets. The 33 grain slugs can have tighter groups than heavy which is shocking! Is it a 100 yard gun? With the nsa slugs and JSB heavy it most certainly is!!!

Buddy of mine had it in .25 and it’s pretty impressive, however he got frustrated with multitude of quality issues and finally gave up and sold it. Although he is regretting selling so quickly because his wildcat order is taking forever. 

My first Avenger in .22 was a leaker, accurate as all get out but a leaker. Returned it to the seller and he sent me another, it too is ACCURATE and does not leak! These airguns are pushing the envelope with pressure, parts and technology so problems are inevitable in my opinion. I have $300 in this gun and It hangs with the best costing 5X more. I'd rather spend my money on pellets and other things than to have a pricey gun. Then again, it's damn nice to have a beautiful woodstocked sexy air rifle!

My 25 is pretty dang accurate. the kind of accuracy that makes it boring to shoot at 50yd and under actually.

My take on reliability

If you want to make it last, don't hot rod the gun and shoot it at max reg pressure, max fill pressure, max hammer spring, etc, etc. 

The recommended regulator settings in the manual aren't correct and are way too high. imo

This gun delivers pretty much the same performance maxed out and at a 2k reg pressure and no reason to fill all the way up. It isn't like you get a whole lot more by overdriving the gun. 

If you buy a kia and drive it like you stole it it won't last as long as the same car driven by someone who babys the car. 

My 25 is pretty dang accurate. the kind of accuracy that makes it boring to shoot at 50yd and under actually.

My take on reliability

If you want to make it last, don't hot rod the gun and shoot it at max reg pressure, max fill pressure, max hammer spring, etc, etc. 

The recommended regulator settings in the manual aren't correct and are way too high. imo

This gun delivers pretty much the same performance maxed out and at a 2k reg pressure and no reason to fill all the way up. It isn't like you get a whole lot more by overdriving the gun. 

If you buy a kia and drive it like you stole it it won't last as long as the same car driven by someone who babys the car. 

Great advice that very few will follow unfortunately. They've been watching to many snake oil salesmen.

My take on reliability

Great advice that very few will follow unfortunately. They've been watching to many snake oil salesmen.

+1

I got one from the second batch and I've put well beyond 1000 .22's through it with zero problems. As others have said, my .22 is "boringly accurate" as well. The only issue I had was with the barrel when first received was FILTHY, more so than any gun I've ever encountered. It took some serious scrubbing polishing and more patches that I can count to get it clean. But once it was clean it was hole in hole at 50.

Hi, new member here but have been shooting air guns for 60 years. 

I have a .25 since December. I'm amazed at the accuracy out of the box. With 33gn JSB's off a rest, I can put pellet on pellet (weighed and lubed) at 50 yards. It has been too cold to get out the Chrony so I just adjusted the regulator to 2200 and the hammer spring to 2.5 turns in based on some on line info. It is a bit noisy so I put a stripper in the shroud but I think I am going to get a Donnyfl Tanto or Sumo. 

While I have modded Benjamins, Crosmans, including Maruader and Marauder pistol, I'm not sure about tinkering with the Avenger. I don't know the brand so I am not sure about parts availability for such a new platform. I do know that every Chinese product can benefit from smoothing, polishing, radiusing etc. but I'll have to wait and see before tearing into this one.

John

My take on reliability

Mine is set @ 2300-2400 regulator pressure. It may be too much, but best Scientific Wild A__ Guess without a chrono. Unfortunately I shot mine while working up a load a few months back. Watched a guy that goes by AEAC on here. He was going over a 22 cal and I wish he would do the same with a 25, but things seem pretty good with the setup. Accurate at 50 paces, repeatable and really likes 33.5 NSA slugs.

I hope to lean some more, but without measuring velocity, it may just stay put.