Avenger magazine stuck (I'm a newbie too)

Hello all so I just tried to shoot my first round with the magazine and it stuck. Is this a common problem how do I get it out safely. Should I remove all of the air? What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?
1000026252.jpg
1000026253.jpg

wooden dowel would be better.

less than a buck at lowes :)
Wooden dowel like the size for staking potted plants. To stick down the barrel. I got two pellets out earlier. The bolt is laying down flat again, I tried to see if I could shoot just one pellet from the singel round tray. And nothing came out. Ughhhhhh (that's me 😱 screaming)
1000026316.jpg

Well, best thing is to keep calm and cool. Take your time, looking at the first picture if you started with a full magazine, you have a total of 3 stuck in the mag. Assuming none of the pellets shot out you have three stuck and you mention you were able to dig one out. You attempted to shoot the remaining out that are stuck (hopefully without putting another pellet in) with nothing happening.

When everything is clear in the barrel, meaning you can push the cleaning rod all way through. Just shoot without a pellet to make sure everything is out and no partial pellets fell into the transfer port.

Clean barrel afterwards. Many posts on this, no need for me to repeat what is said already.

To prevent from happening again shoot only after fully pulling the the chocking handle back one time back (should hear a click or clack) and then forward completely. Do not cock partially with pellets in magazine as it will attempt to load a pellet without cocking the hammer correctly. Make sure to shoot the pellet out before cocking the hammer back. If you do cock the handle back with a pellet already in the breach/barrel, remove the magazine so the next pellet does not load.

Do you still have pellets in the barrel currently?

Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: ladyblackhawk
I just did a partial load yesterday when testing a Notos. It's super easy to do as I felt resistance when going forward with the lever and pulled back, the mag indexed and I had to go grab the cleaning rod and manually index the mag back one hole, push the pallet out of the breach and into the empty mag hole.

Pulled the mag and discarded both pellets, reloaded the mag and ensured the barrel was clear and tried it again.

It happens....

I'm not the one having problems. Original Poster is. I think she has 4-6 jammed in there.
I am well aware it is not you , Other wise Mike or Derrick could help you out lol . If you even needed their help . ;):p

I am not familiar with the avengers' and have been peeking in to observe haha . I have wondered why the barrel was not removed first thing but maybe it is not possible on these I guess . I dunno ?? I am assuming it cannot be removed while jammed . I know alot of other platforms it would be one of the first things I would do as to dislodge any half loaded pellets from the mag to breech area so the mag could be removed without any force or tapping on it . Just an assumption on my end as I once again do not own one .

I'm not the one having problems. Original Poster is. I think she has 4-6 jammed in there.
Yes that is what I plan on doing for now until I get use to it.
Well, best thing is to keep calm and cool. Take your time, looking at the first picture if you started with a full magazine, you have a total of 3 stuck in the mag. Assuming none of the pellets shot out you have three stuck and you mention you were able to dig one out. You attempted to shoot the remaining out that are stuck (hopefully without putting another pellet in) with nothing happening.

When everything is clear in the barrel, meaning you can push the cleaning rod all way through. Just shoot without a pellet to make sure everything is out and no partial pellets fell into the transfer port.

Clean barrel afterwards. Many posts on this, no need for me to repeat what is said already.

To prevent from happening again shoot only after fully pulling the the chocking handle back one time back (should hear a click or clack) and then forward completely. Do not cock partially with pellets in magazine as it will attempt to load a pellet without cocking the hammer correctly. Make sure to shoot the pellet out before cocking the hammer back. If you do cock the handle back with a pellet already in the breach/barrel, remove the magazine so the next pellet does not load.

Do you still have pellets in the barrel currently?

Allen
Just got them all out. Woo hoo. And will take your advice and shoot empty to see if any fragments.

Reactions: maxtrouble
A big THANK YOU to everyone for all of your help and advice. But a special thank you to @Gerry52 for walking me though unjamming the gun. Got them all out. I hope that is the first and last time I jam the gun, but I doubt it. Lol. View attachment 460265
Thanks! Love being able to be of service to my airgunning brothers & sisters. I get more joy & satisfaction from this "sport" than I'd ever conceived I would. I want others to experience that too! Stay safe & shoot straight.

Ok just took an empty shot no fragments came out. Then I tried just one pellet from the single cartridge tray and shot at a piece of target paper on the grass. No pellet came out. It got stuck in there again. Maybe I'm not pulling the lever back far enough??? 🤔 anyone else ever experienced this problem?
When you pull the lever all the way you should hear a click? The click will tell you the gun is fully cocked?