Avenger magazine stuck (I'm a newbie too)

Hello all so I just tried to shoot my first round with the magazine and it stuck. Is this a common problem how do I get it out safely. Should I remove all of the air? What can I do to prevent this from happening in the future?
1000026252.jpg
1000026253.jpg

My guess is that somehow you had at least a partial double feed. The pellets are soft enough you can probably take a wooden dowel or black and with a hammer, being certain the probe is all of the way back, tap the dowel against the magazine and it will shear the pellet and come out. I would put a long dowel in from the muzzle and tap out through the breach whatever is in there before continuing.

Good luck!

@ladyblackhawk

How close is your scope mount to the magazine? If it's too tight against the face of the mag, it will cause the magazine to hang up on rotation and sometimes lock the probe into the mag.

Or, as has been stated, you double fed or partially fed a pellet and it's sitting halfway out of the mag and into the leade of the barrel.

Just watched your video, definitely got a pellet jammed halfway out. It won't hurt it if you tap it out from the side with a wooden towel rod and a rubber mallet or light hammer. Don't go beating the $poop out of it, just nice and controlled taps.

Make sure the bolt probe is all the way back before doing that.

I’ve done it too, and agree that it’s probably just a pellet part way in the breech and part way in the magazine.
If there’s room for an exacto blade you might be able to work the pellet out of the magazine the rest of the way.
Or possibly cut it in half and carefully work the magazine back and forth until the jam lets go.
Don’t use too much force though.
The advice of the rod down the barrel and tapping the pellet back into the magazine is a great idea too, just try to make sure the magazine is fully in place in the rifle.
Hopefully someone’s advice here will work! Good luck.

You don't need to remove air (de-gas). Take a breath, relax & be patient. Not a serious problem. I did it years ago on the 1st day I got my 1st FX rifle. I was able to get an x-acto blade between breech & mag, "cut" the pellet & work the mag out. Then I tapped out pellet with a dowel rod down the barrel. Be gentle but firm. Being new & inexperienced adds a dimension of heightened anxiety to the situation but A) it's not that serious, B) you're OK, C) gun is most likely OK, D) you'll learn from this.
If you can post a picture from a different angle & a little farther away it might help. The pic above makes it look like your scope rings are not high enough and are jammed too close to the magazine slot in the breech but that could be the perspective. Keep asking questions! We don't mind and (for the most part) are eager help you out. Good luck! NOTE: If you remove scope & can remove barrel too this will help things along. I'm not familiar with how Avenger barrel is secured. If you need someone to talk you through send me a PM (Private Message) I'll send you my #
Gerry
EDIT: Just watched your video (duh on me). Is there enough gap to get a hack saw blade between mag & breech to cut off pellet? Looks like you have some room there.

Last edited:
You don't need to remove air (de-gas). Take a breath, relax & be patient. Not a serious problem. I did it years ago on the 1st day I got my 1st FX rifle. I was able to get an x-acto blade between breech & mag, "cut" the pellet & work the mag out. Then I tapped out pellet with a dowel rod down the barrel. Be gentle but firm. Being new & inexperienced adds a dimension of heightened anxiety to the situation but A) it's not that serious, B) you're OK, C) gun is most likely OK, D) you'll learn from this.
If you can post a picture from a different angle & a little farther away it might help. The pic above makes it look like your scope rings are not high enough and are jammed too close to the magazine slot in the breech but that could be the perspective. Keep asking questions! We don't mind and (for the most part) are eager help you out. Good luck! NOTE: If you remove scope & can remove barrel too this will help things along. I'm not familiar with how Avenger barrel is secured. If you need someone to talk you through send me a PM (Private Message) I'll send you my #
Gerry
EDIT: Just watched your video (duh on me). Is there enough gap to get a hack saw blade between mag & breech to cut off pellet? Looks like you have some room there.

@ladyblackhawk

How close is your scope mount to the magazine? If it's too tight against the face of the mag, it will cause the magazine to hang up on rotation and sometimes lock the probe into the mag.

Or, as has been stated, you double fed or partially fed a pellet and it's sitting halfway out of the mag and into the leade of the barrel.
I removed the scope to make it easier to deal with the magazine. I had pyramydair install the scope for me before they shipped it and test put the gun. Since I'm a newbie.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
@ladyblackhawk

Don't feel bad, I've been at this for awhile and I still double feed sometimes when hunting. I double feed occasionally when I'm tuning a gun and the spring is close to coil bind and won't lock the hammer back when cocking. Usually 2 pellets will fire out of a decently powerful gun.

Once you get it fixed and start to learn the rifle better, you'll feel it when you accidentally start to load another pellet. If you do, and it's just one extra, I'd push it all the way in and aim at the ground or safe direction and fire them out since the point of impact will be off due to the doubled up pellet.

Reactions: ladyblackhawk
Hi @Gerry52 I tried to send you a PM but since I'm new to the forum it says I need a minimum of 10 posts. Lol. Soooo can you PM me. I would really appreciate the walk-through. I'm not anxious I just really want to get started, but I guess this is all part of the learning experience.
Sent u a PM

Sorry, it's not the magazine, it's user error. Once you get everything cleared up & working you'll find the designated mag will do it's job. It's common for the unexperienced to double load (or triple, quadruple, etc.). I had a feeling there were more than 1 or 2 pellets in your barrel. As you get to know the gun you'll feel when things aren't right. A double load can usually be shot out of most guns in my experience otherwise the wood dowel rod & rubber mallet is your friend. Clean the barrel too after clearing those pellets.