• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Avenger Leaks after Degassing

Okay so first time around I degassed my rifle and reset the regulator to factory specs and did everything by the book. It would not fill with air and was actually leaking from the air cylinder itself. Sent it in for a warranty repair and 8 weeks later I get it back and everything was fine until I degas it and it starts leaking again from the cylinder. My warranty is up and I rather try fixing the problem myself than sending it away for another 8 weeks. Has anyone dealt with something like this and how have you fixed it if you have. I currently put some Teflon tape and super o-lube on the on the o-rings and it held all air for a day but a couple days later it’s starting to very slowly leak again.

I did have that very same thing happen to me when i did some mods, I also lube the O-ring. I had to wipe off the lube from the O-rings and take off the tape. Make sure you have the rifle cocked, it takes time but my O- rings did seal. I think the O-rings have to be dry to seat properly. If you do try this please let me know how you make out.

My 2 week old Avenger had a slow leak that got worse after I pulled the forend off so I figured it was something loose like every thing else on this rifle was loose. Pulled the forend off and sprayed some soapy water around to find that the lower air tube was leaking where is screws into the block. Had to remove the top air tube to get a grip on the lower tube so I could remove it and check things out, found nothing so I screwed both tubes back in as tight as I could get them by hand which fixed the air leak.

Now I have a 300 psi regulator spike and if left to sit another 200 psi creep. If rifle is left setting for 30 seconds the reg jumps up 300 psi, in the time it takes to change a mag I get the 300 psi spike. Last night I pulled the regulator out of the rifle to check it out and all seems good. After filling the rifle the reg appears to be a little higher then the two other times I degassed and set the reg to minimum but I will see what's what once I can shoot it a couple times to settle the reg after filling then adjust to my shooting psi. I probably should have pulled the degassing screw all the way out to check for crud as well but I didn't.

This all wouldn't be so bad but I'm hand pumping so a degassing means 20 minutes of work to get back to 4350 psi.