Avenger issues??

The avenger is a flat out great rifle when you get the kinks out. The biggest for me and I’ve owned two were and extremely low POI out of the box. If they would fix this (maybe they have??) the would without question be the best bang for the buck. I put a Donny Fl adapter, aftermarket barrel band and shimmed the rear scope ring of my scope with pop can pieces. After these changes I was able to easily zero at 52 yards and groups were 3/4 inch and less.

Finally, for the love of god would people stop with the BS that leads new shooters to believe they have to fill the gun to 4300 psi. You don’t have to whatsoever. I never filled mine past 3600-3700 and did it with a hand pump regularly. It wasn’t that bad and they shot fine.
Thank you for pointing this out. Studies have shown that the first shot going wild in the Avenger is a result of filling past twice the pressure the reg is set at. My 22 is set at 1800psi on reg for 18 grain pellets, thus I never fill past 3600 psi. Often only to 3000 psi.

I have had my .25 cal Avenger for a couple years now and absolutely love it. The only problem I experienced was one of the two mags was a bit sticky upon purchase. I asked Utah Air guns to get me a new one that never happened. I took mine apart and removed a plastic burr off of it reassembled it and have not had another problem. It is the plastic stock and it works great. Funny thing is I'm looking at buying an FX Crown mk2 in "synthetic" and I haven't heard one person bitching about that piece of plastic. I have other PCP's but love my Avenger the most. I run it down low and run 33.96 JSB's and it is great in the accuracy dept. I have to buy another for my wife because she monopolizes it when we are out shooting. I asked her which one she wants and she also wants the black plastic due to weight and balance. Mine was on!y $300.00 when I bought it wish I had purchased 2 then.

Reactions: Foulksnation
I am new to PCP air guns and now own a Stoeger XM-1 in 22cal and more recently the avenger Bullpup in 25cal. The original avenger is just a bit too long for my tastes, the Bullpup platform is a proven one for powder burners.
Both shoot well but the avenger has a more solid feel.
And it can be tweaked which is it’s biggest benefit cost/value ratio for me.
For now I cannot justify spending a couple grand on just a rifle platform though I did shoot an FX Maverick before buying the Avenger, so
I also understand what all the fanboys see in the very nice high-end weapons, but fixed income retirement limits my spending.
Granted, if I was going big game hunting that would color my thinking about prices etc and some day it might.

I come from a powder burner background so getting used to the pellet dynamics and short kill zone has been educational.
So far zero problems with either gun and very good accuracy.

My previous air guns are a Sheridan Silver Streak my father gave me as a boy, "because that’s a real gun and not just a BB gun."
I put many rabbits in the pot during my college years with that gun.
After college I bought a Beeman X1 from a buddy and it still shoots basement bullseyes all winter long.

For now the Bullpup is my preferred platform due to its smaller size, power and robust overall configuration.
(I really want to shoot hogs in Texas with it, and I believe the Bullpup will do that well.)

Now if I could just get an air breather that would drop lead accurately at 300yds on prairie dogs I’d really be happy.
My criteria being "one shot one kill" as often as possible.

Last edited:
Name those other gun(s) that are just "a little more $" that will be something long living and what guarantee is there if someone chooses to spend more on any gun you name. Define what is a little bit more $?

*Multiple Content has been removed and member issued warning.

When I think of Dana, the very last thing I would ever say is that he is a sellout. You can like Dana's content or dislike it, but the dude has the respect of every airgun industry person I have ever talked to, and I talk to many. Part of the reason he has so much industry respect is that he HAS done reviews detailing poor manufacturing and performance on airguns when others do not.

At the end of the day we are talking about Airguns here and having fun. Different people go about that in different ways, having different opinions and so on. The one recommendation I have for you @BackStop is to remember that on the other side of the screen there is a person trying to enjoy the sport as well. They might go about it differently from you. They might even be a professional videographer. They may not be. But insulting people because they have different opinions from you is something you might want to avoid, being that there are many opinions and such.

Hope to see more productive posts in the future from you @BackStop

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve on my 25 cal Avenger almost a year, my brother has the 22 cal. It was our 1st PCP. We both hand pump because of cost. Now I am 190lbs I am able to get mine up to 4000psi. My regulator pressure is set to 2200. I am getting 40 shots.
My brother is regulator set about the same, he only pumps up to 3600. psi,he gets about 70 shots. No major issues has been good for the both of us.Now I’m not a every day shooter. Are there things that can be improved yes.. but out to 50-75 yards hard to beat.
I believe everything comes down to use and budget.
I am in the automotive industry and all make have a service departments. I have had Kia go 200K mile with no major work and Cadillac/BMW/Mercedes/Lincoln..that live in the shop with major engine and transmission issues constantly.

Reactions: Mr303