Avenger in .177

I just got a .177 Avenger refurb fr PA $200 to my door.

Best value in the airgun world right now imo.

It was setup to shoot 13.4 Monsters @ 860 out of the box.

I degassed it and turned the hammer spring all the way out and the regulator all the way in.

Filled it back up and set the reg to 1000psi.

JSB 8.4's are grouping nicely @ 25 yards and leaving the muzzle @ 870fps.

Love it!!
20220402_182118.1649376049.jpg

The trigger on the avenger can be easily modified to break cleanly, but you have to be careful not to make the rifle drop-sensitive. Remove the trigger group and replace the forward-most adjustment screw with a longer M5 threaded fastener. I'll put up a photo when I get home if there is any interest.

If you use an M5 that's a little too long you can make your safety inoperative. You'll need an M3x16mm grub screw to replace the shorter one that no longer reaches,

The trigger on the avenger can be easily modified to break cleanly, but you have to be careful not to make the rifle drop-sensitive. Remove the trigger group and replace the forward-most adjustment screw with a longer M5 threaded fastener. I'll put up a photo when I get home if there is any interest.

If you use an M5 that's a little too long you can make your safety inoperative. You'll need an M3x16mm grub screw to replace the shorter one that no longer reaches,

This is true. I toggled the safety back and forth and used that as the stopping point for my M5 bolt, and then backed it out until the safety was operable again. Then I tightened down the jamb nut that I put on my bolt so it will stay put.

Half tempted to scrounge the barrel and bolt from my .177 fortitude and convert my prod over to .177. I currently have a RTI reg and bottle mounted to the bottom of my prod. That would give me the external adjustable reg. Just need to convert some foritude mags to fit the prod receiver. Also have a gauntlet not doing anything and have considered using the drop block to mount the bottle on the prod instead of the current paintball asa I have mounted in the gauge hole.