• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Avenger Coming This Week

Newbie here, I ordered an Avenger from Pyramid, looks like it should be arriving this Thursday. Also ordered a Yong Heng and a gallon of oil from Filtertechs, it too should arrive Thursday. I've been reading trying to get a good understanding of how the rifle and compressor works. Been shooting a springer for years. I am really looking forward to shooting PCP. 

Great ribfe for the money Mine does not have a very good shot count when tuned for heavy 34 gr pellets at higher speeds. The air tank is a bit small and I think the plenum is too. I have brought my regulator own to 2200 and turned up the hammer tension and reduced by pellet weight to 25gr and now am getting above 900fps with good accuracy and pretty good shot count. Doing this has taught me a lot and is a lot of fun too.

I am interested in your moderator adapter. I am thinking of installing one. I see they also make one that is internal and utilizes the barrel shroud. Trying to find more information on which one is more effective. 

Thanks for the tuning info. I would like to reduce the reg pressure to trying and increase overall longevity. I will give your settings a try. 

So it looks like Fed-ex lost my Avenger as it did not arrive today and there is a message on the tracking stating "Scheduled Delivery Pending" But my Yong Heng arrived as did the oil from Filtertech. 
IMG_6247.1607654353.jpg
IMG_6253.1607654366.jpg
IMG_6254.1607654394.jpg
IMG_6255.1607654406.jpg
IMG_6257.1607654418.jpg

Wow... talk about getting the run-around on trying to find my PA shipment. I called PA they say to call Fed ex. I call Fed-ex and they say my package was shipped somewhere else and that PA needs to call Fed-ex to work it all out. I call PA and spoke to a customer rep who was ABSOLUTLY no help and frankly a little rude, she basically told me they wouldn't call Fed-ex and I will just have to wait, and if my package doesn't show up after "awhile" they will try to figure out what to do. I asked to speak to her supervisor, apparently she is out and she doesn't know when she will return. I ask to speak with a manager, and am told they will put in a request for a manager to call me and that I just can't be transferred to a manager. I asked about cancelling my order and she said I can't. Thinking about calling my credit card company and stopping payment. Not sure I will buy anything else from PA!!

First issue is Fed Ex procedures are to wait 24 hours for delayed packages...then initiate action for remedy. But the second issue is PA should give their customer service personnel better training to deal with these kind of problems.

I've worked with my bank a couple times with some over charges and they do not mess around. I would have to wait that 24 hours + before I could initiate action from my bank but their hands may be tied on this situation.

I have not received an update yet on my tracking by FED EX. They may have changed the label ?/? I just don't know that much about their procedures "on pending" delivery.

A signature is required for receiving the package and I'm sure yours will require a signature as well. Hope that helps a bit. I'll stay in touch (PM) if I get any notices/changes.

I still have these to use....LOL.

IMG_2436.1607711425.JPG

I spoke to the same person you talked to crazyhorse, that person was pretty helpful. That person told me your shipment was probably transferred to the postal service, and that is probably what happened with mine and it could take an extra week. She said that's what happens when you choose smartpost as your shipping option. I told her I didn't choose smartpost, she then looked into it and sure enough it was Fed ex ground. The second person I spoke to basically told me tough, and that I just needed to wait for some undetermined amount of time. I get that the issue appears to be with Fed-ex, and then Fed ex instructs me to have the shipper call them, but the shipper refuses to call Fed ex to sort out the issue. 

When I called PA I mentioned your situation so I hope you don't mind. I may have unkowingly chose Smart Post but I don.t think so. I always go with Ground.

If USPS has it then we are going to be in the dark...lol. Neat thing about them they have dedicated trucks including Sunday deliveries and I think mine should arrive by then. I've seen them in our neighborhood at all hours of the day...drivers get overtime.

My wife went into the hospital Tuesday with pneumonia (left lung).Hosital is jammed packed full that she had to stay in the ambulance 2 hrs in the parking lot...they finally admitted her and she got into a room yesterday after two days in emergency. She says they are short on supplies and they asked if she wanted either tea or milk and she said well I need milk for my cereal because I'm not going to eat it dry...so she did not get her tea. She told the DR that it's like camping out and she wants to get out of there alive.

Good news is she tested negative for Covid and her vitals, labs looking better...I can't visit her as you may well know,and I am surviving on thanksgiving leftovers...LOL.

It seems FedEx is under-staffed and many packages didn't get delivered as scheduled. I got two packages both from PA. One package (.22 pellets) was supposed to arrive Thursday (yesterday), but never showed up. Finally, it was rescheduled to be today (Friday), but didn't show up either. Now status says it will be tomorrow (Saturday). The other package (Avenger .22 cal) was supposed to arrive today (Friday), but Thursday some time they rescheduled it to arrive Saturday. Let's hope both arrive Saturday.