• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenger bottle conversion?

I've never owned a bottle gun, but I do have a few questions for those that have done this modification:

1. What kind of increase in performance would I see by running another regulator on the bottle, and what pressure difference should there be between the primary and secondary reg?

2. Does a bottle have its own on/off valve, so I can degas the gun without having to refill from 0?

3. Seems to be a lot of options out there. Any recommendations for which components to get, or which ones to stay away from?

Thanks for the help, and happy shooting!

I did the bottle conversion basically right away. Have a 350cc aluminum bottle and Doux power plenum. So my FPS and reg setting is different than no doux plenum.

However I get these results at 2.3k or so reg:
HS 4.0

FPS 935.7, 934.5, 930.3, 931.7, 930.3, 934.5, 928.9, 935.9, 928.9, 930.3, 927.5, 928.9, 930.3, 924.8, 924.8, 927.5, 933.1, 927.5

Ave FPS: 930.3
Ave FPE: 34.85
ES: 11.1 FPS
Std Dv: 3.295619988880988

Personally I think that's great #'s and my downrange results show consistency too. 18 shots on a 2 inch spinner at 75 yards.

I get maybe 72 shots per fill before it falls off the reg but I keep it to roughly 54 since that's 3 of the 18 shot AE swede magazines.
I hand pump and back when I had it set to 2k reg psi I'd pump like 225 times from 2k to 4k psi. I'd get about 90 shots before it fell off at about 886 fps or so.

The pressure difference between my regs was anywhere between 600 to 200 psi difference. I think the suggestion is closer the better but basically just make it under 1,000 psi difference maybe. Someone else can give better #'s but I've not had issues with mine at those differences.

However I had issue with my Chinese ebay regulator and the AE Swede bottle adapter because I couldn't get the pin to push in far enough to open the reg up it has basically a check valve so when you screw it in it will press in the pin and open the bottle thru the 2nd reg.

Here is a thread for ya: https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/2nd-reg-air-slow-low-psi.1281484/

The greater the difference in pressures from the bottle/reg to the stock reg are the faster the plenum fills up, to a point.

#2 Yeah I wanted that same feature but read this thread here

It didn't work as planned because you are trying to depress that pin when 4,000 psi is holding it closed. It may work for you but it didn't work for me, the AE Swede bottle adapter started spinning with my bottle and since it doesn't have flat spots for a wrench it was hard to get them apart while pressurized.

Honestly I do not degas as much as I thought I would and I am happy with the pin removed so it just flows from the bottle straight to the 2nd reg then to the 1st reg then the plenum. I can hear it recharge.

Your mileage may vary though!!!!

#3 I would still recommend AE Swede adapter because it lets you have that 2nd reg and you can just fill right from the 2nd reg. The other option is the one that screws right into a bottle with no 2nd reg and besides being shorter by about an inch or so, I dont see the benefits cause that one is $$$ but AE Swede is like $35

I'd check out AE Swede for other products too his stuff is great. I would measure your bottle well though cause I got his bottle barrel bands and they were loose because my bottle was like 60mm diameter and the bands for 61 or so. I actually run these now:

And it is super solid doesn't move and clamped down on my 60mm.

Let me know if you have other questions! I love the bottle mod, just adds weight cause I didn't wanna spend like 4x on a carbon fiber bottle so I got a $40 Amazon one.

Just make sure all your stuff is 4500 psi in and if you get a Chinese regulator get one that's higher than you want it set to cause I got a 3,000 one but it was 2.8k and then after I polished the reg washers it reads 2.6k now.

Also, make sure you know what thread size your bottle and reg are!!! Normal paintball is not the same metric threads as the Chinese regs.

Those fps # were with JSB 18.13 gr by the way. Also here is a photo of what my Avenger used to look like, I've swapped some stuff like put on the Mega barrel band and moved the other one to the back so basically the whole bottle is clamped down. Then I put that long picatinny rail underneath you see so I have that whole area to use as well as it comes back and protects the regulator and I can use it as a support when holding it.

I wrapped the AE Swede adapter in some grip tape stuff so I could get a wrench on it without scratching it much.

PS this is in the Buck Rail stock, which is better than the AE Swede in my opinion b/c it covers more of the block and was very sturdy and not warped. I did have to file away some of the front umcutout for where the stock air tubes go but it wasn't hard just used a curved file.

Here's some photos of the stocks and my modifications

Another thread about stocks

IMG_20230118_171630664.jpg

Those fps # were with JSB 18.13 gr by the way. Also here is a photo of what my Avenger used to look like, I've swapped some stuff like put on the Mega barrel band and moved the other one to the back so basically the whole bottle is clamped down. Then I put that long picatinny rail underneath you see so I have that whole area to use as well as it comes back and protects the regulator and I can use it as a support when holding it.

I wrapped the AE Swede adapter in some grip tape stuff so I could get a wrench on it without scratching it much.

PS this is in the Buck Rail stock, which is better than the AE Swede in my opinion b/c it covers more of the block and was very sturdy and not warped. I did have to file away some of the front umcutout for where the stock air tubes go but it wasn't hard just used a curved file.

Here's some photos of the stocks and my modifications

Another thread about stocks

View attachment 376363
Some great information here, thanks! I do have some more specific questions that I sent to your PMs

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
I did the bottle conversion with the Termidator chassis conversion on my .22 avenger with Dana at Termidator Airguns And Outdoors.
I have a 360cc bottle. It doubled my capacity. I only shoot pellets in mine, no slugs.
It works fantastic for me. I launch the 18.1gr JTS pellets at 915 fps. they hit like a hammer! Super accurate too.
I have never done a shot count, but I'm getting at least 5 magazines on a fill.
I love this gun!

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim
Oh yeah, the cheap stock drives me nuts. I've looked at the ones by aeswede, terminador, and buck rail. I think they look rather cheap compared to the work done by this guy:

Oh yeah, the cheap stock drives me nuts. I've looked at the ones by aeswede, terminador, and buck rail. I think they look rather cheap compared to the work done by this guy:

Read the fine print though that is $$ for just the main chassis you still need buffer tube, stock, and grip with that. So another >$50 ish definitely depending on what stock and grip you get. Plus that guy always seems out of stock lol I wanted the cool carbon fiber cocking handle for a while but gave up a while ago.

Buck rail has a stock he offers and the way his works is a proprietary "buffer tube" but it's included and then he gives a grip and you can assemble. You could get your own stock but keep in mind it needs a hight adjustable comb. Need it to go up a good bit. I used this one

But anyway just make sure for the price you are getting everything you need cause most of them require you to get your own stock and grip and maybe buffer tube but for buck rail you would skip out on the tri rail / mlok cause you're doing a bottle.

I have an AE Swede bottle conversion on mine with a "fixed" setting Ninja regulator. Right now I have the Ninja reg at 2600-2700psi and the factory Avenger reg at ~1900psi. I chose those settings based on advice given by FX when using their dual reg setups, and knowing the Avenger doesnt do as well with lower factory reg settings. Velocity consistency is really good, but not as good as my Impacts. Its been a while since I did a chronograph session but I believe my Avenger is in the 8-15 fps extreme spread range. I dont think you will see an actual performance increase if you switch to a bottle, just way more shot count. My setup is the bottle and adapter are directly threaded together. There isnt a one-way valve on the bottle like an FX so you cannot remove the bottle under pressure. I also have the AE Swede plenum which did increase performance a little bit.

Edit to Add: For the stock I opted for the wood stock version knowing I wanted to tinker on the Avenger. I simply chopped off the forend just behind the Ninja reg gauge. At some point I want to build some kind of forend to wrap around the bottle.

Last edited:
I have an AE Swede bottle conversion on mine with a "fixed" setting Ninja regulator. Right now I have the Ninja reg at 2600-2700psi and the factory Avenger reg at ~1900psi. I chose those settings based on advice given by FX when using their dual reg setups, and knowing the Avenger doesnt do as well with lower factory reg settings. Velocity consistency is really good, but not as good as my Impacts. Its been a while since I did a chronograph session but I believe my Avenger is in the 8-15 fps extreme spread range. I dont think you will see an actual performance increase if you switch to a bottle, just way more shot count. My setup is the bottle and adapter are directly threaded together. There isnt a one-way valve on the bottle like an FX so you cannot remove the bottle under pressure. I also have the AE Swede plenum which did increase performance a little bit.

Edit to Add: For the stock I opted for the wood stock version knowing I wanted to tinker on the Avenger. I simply chopped off the forend just behind the Ninja reg gauge. At some point I want to build some kind of forend to wrap around the bottle.
Was there a noticeable difference going from single reg to two regs? That would be more of a bonus, but I want the bottle for the air capacity

Was there a noticeable difference going from single reg to two regs? That would be more of a bonus, but I want the bottle for the air capacity
Like as far as extreme fps spread? Yes but not by a ton. This was a year ago we did initial testing with the stock Avenger, and it wasnt stock very long lol. So I think I was getting more like 15-25fps extreme spread stock, but that was turned up quite a bit. Using 22cal JSB Hades doing about ~930fps in stock trim you would expect to see more variance in fps. But now I can easily do ~1020fps with a Hades or Neilsen 17.5grain with low extreme spread. I never bothered to figure out Standard Deviation since I think the whole spread matters, and this is a hunting setup. Its not as good as my FX's but pretty darn close for a lot less money. The dual reg bottle conversion alone wont increase velocities or accuracy, but will help with consistency. Unless you really want to tinker and push your Avenger as a project, Im not sure the mods are really needed. You can still get a decent shot count, fps, and great accuracy box stock. I think the best bang for your buck is the Saber Tactical scope rail, and the AE Swede plenum.

I appreciate the feedback. The plenum I understand, but what makes the scope rail such a value to you?
The factory rails are really bad and out of the 4 rifles we had(have) 2 of them were crooked. One of them was so crooked we couldnt mount a scope at all. There are lots of other people that had the same experience, but its a cheap pcp so you need to expect some short comings.

That is why you should get one of those Buck Rail LDC's/threaded adapters because it slips into the shroud and goes far enough in to hold the muzzle of the barrel in place. It along with some spacers and carbon fiber tubing on the actual barrel in there has made it so I get stupid good groups out of my Avenger. Accuracy is achieved by repeating and repeating the exact same things. So I put a bubble level on my scope so I hold true every single time, and I installed the mods already mentioned because you'll be more accurate if everything is repeated the same way. I think the Buck Rail LDC / threaded adapter is such a great value and will probably be one of the best cost/improvements you could do to a stock Avenger. Well besides get the Saber Tactical rail lol. I didn't notice my scope was that off but I got one anyway because I had some of those Pyramid Air bullseye bucks. $40 is kinda pricey for a grooved piece of metal but it is some solid stuff that aligns very well.

Just my opinion but the dual reg is marketing hype created by fx and completely unnecessary. Just my feeling though but I wouldn’t worry about it if it were me. At this point you may as well just wait for the avenge x ??

Yeah looks like it's mixed reviews but people tend to agree on certain applications that it can be beneficial to have 2 regs. Like if you are wanting to have fill pressure in the bottle at 4000 psi but your OEM reg set low like 1,500 psi or 2,000 psi then that's a big step down and could benefit from the 2nd reg.

The reason I did the 2 regs was cost, the AE Swede adapter plus a Chinese reg was like $65 when I bought it but the Doux bottle adapter that just goes from the block to the bottle was >$110. So I saved some $ plus got the 2nd reg benefits.

As far as the Avenge X yeah I'd like to see what people think about that too. Unfortunately it keeps getting pushed back for release date.

Just my opinion but the dual reg is marketing hype created by fx and completely unnecessary.

Have you seen what happens when someone cranks up the the secondary reg and lets it essentially function as a pass through, letting the primary reg do all the work? Seems like people here either think fx is a scam, or think it's the Holy Grail of airguns...

I remember reading a thread on here, where a guy was using rimfire barrels in his airguns for better slug performance, claiming that fx's barrels / liners were overpriced trash.

Have you seen what happens when someone cranks up the the secondary reg and lets it essentially function as a pass through, letting the primary reg do all the work? Seems like people here either think fx is a scam, or think it's the Holy Grail of airguns...

I remember reading a thread on here, where a guy was using rimfire barrels in his airguns for better slug performance, claiming that fx's barrels / liners were overpriced trash.
Yep did it on my Maverick and it worked all the same. Now when I say marketing hype you have to understand does that mean the hype doesn’t work? Absolutely not. I’m sure in some scenarios there is a slight benefit but single regged setups have been just great for a long time. My Maverick has been no better or worse (when working right) than my 2 fx streamlines, agt uragan 3 or Airacuda max for shot to shot consistency. What has also worked for years and won tons of money? Traditionally rifles barrels. Do the smooth twist work? Yep I own three but see it for what it is. This is a highly competitive market and these manufacturers will work any little bull 💩 angle they can as new and the best thing since sliced bread wether it is or isn’t. Obviously we need innovative for the advancement of our sport but we must wade through it all in the process. I’m def a fan of fx but I don’t buy that they are the holy grail. The Maverick is the most complex gun I own by far and as luck would have it has been the most finicky and problematic too.