• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenger barrel damaged

I just opened my AE SWEDE delivery of a carbon fiber shroud and Avenger threaded shroud adapter barrel nut CNC for my Avenger .25 .
Upon removing stock shroud and stock plastic barrel nut I discovered what is in photo. Is this normal? Lol

20230726_173544.jpg

The dimples in there are so it can be "keyed" so your transfer port and the valve line up. You put the dimples up and you'll see they line up with where the screws go in the receiver that hold the barrel.

If it is scratched on the outside but it shoots good I wouldn't worry.

I did try to get a new barrel for my Avenger and both Pyramyd and Air Venturi said they don't have any in stock. That was maybe 2 months ago or so.

looks like someone at the factory had a little difficulty finding the dimple for the set screw, I think they predrill all the barrels for fitting different models of guns they make, so there might be some extra dimples on the barrels, scratches should not harm anything as long as they are not deep and not on or across an O-ring
use a piece of sand cloth to smooth out any scratches and oil area to prevent rust

Reactions: EmptyTin_Tim