• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Avenger .25 increasing power questions

Recently purchased an avenger .25 and I am trying to increase the power of the gun. It shoots jsb 33.95's really well but I wanted to try some slugs and know I need some more power. In stock form maxed out it can create 55 FPE. I have ported the barrel port and transfer port to 7/32" and added a 16cc plenum extension. It seems I have only added on average 25 fps or 4 FPE. I was thinking it would go to around 65+ FPE. Is there anything else internally that would help increase power? With pellets I'm already at the edge speed wise for accuracy. Slugs I'm hoping I can push faster and as accurate.

Reactions: AmosBurton
You can also switch out to a lighter valve spring. I had all the mods you have on yours plus the valve spring and I was reaching about 65 FPE.
I agree a lighter valve spring I don't have an air Ventura but I have aea 25 caliber varmint and I put a lighter valve spring and I gained 22 FPE I was at 70 FPE and now I am at 92 FPE with a 50-grain slug wanted to shoot heavier slugs

Screenshot_20221105-224055.png