Avenger .25 accuracy issues

I recently purchased the DonnyFL shroud adapter and .25/.30 caliber Sumo moderator and when I shoot with the adapter the accuracy is great but when I add the Sumo or Tatsu I can’t hit a 2’ target 10 yards away. I don’t see any clipping inside the moderators. The second I remove either moderator accuracy is back. 

Anybody else having these issues? I sent an email to DonnyFL and he was suggesting I bore out the moderator which I’m reluctant to do. 

Adding anything to the end of your barrel can change the harmonics of the gun and may require additional tuning to get back on track. Also pellets do not need to contact the edges of a moderator to get pushed off course they just need to be very close.

Interesting, I figured the POI would change but in this particular case it would would be impossible to zero because it’s not consistent at all. 

I did get the moderator shooting great for a session of shooting but because I have to remove the moderator to fill the gun I’m sure it shifted the barrel again. 

Is anyone else getting a horizontal drift on the POI. My .25 with a Donny Tanto seems to have a random drift in both directions. I tried playing with the barrel band set screws, both super tight and loose, no effect. I even removed the set screws and wrapped the shroud with electrical tape under the barrel band, still no good. The Tanto is a 30 cal. and I see no evidence of clipping. Any suggestions, has anyone else experienced the same symptoms?

Yes and I primarily only use the Huggett and HW brand and Donnys Emperor specifically.

Everyone else's results may vary. I have a whole drawer full of pretty much everyone's LDCs and use the ones as gun specific that makes the best accuracy and quiet and don't usually swap around among guns to shoot. I try to have a dedicated LDC for each gun based on accuracy and quiet.

Curious to how this does. My .22 is a laser beam with no add ons and why fix something that's not broken just keeps going through my mind. Seeing the baffle setups and ldc/ldc adapters is tempting but I feel like my rifle is more accurate than I am and it will be a waste of money lol. I have no desire for it to be quieter than it already is soo. Let us know how the haji baffles and stripper work out! If it does help with accuracy at 75 and 100 I will scoop one up for sure. I need to contact haji and see if I can get just the stripper.

Curious to how this does. My .22 is a laser beam with no add ons and why fix something that's not broken just keeps going through my mind. Seeing the baffle setups and ldc/ldc adapters is tempting but I feel like my rifle is more accurate than I am and it will be a waste of money lol. I have no desire for it to be quieter than it already is soo. Let us know how the haji baffles and stripper work out! If it does help with accuracy at 75 and 100 I will scoop one up for sure. I need to contact haji and see if I can get just the stripper.

My .25 has a pretty loud bark to it, with the moderators it’s perfect just need to figure out accuracy. 

1598298918_8322360275f441b26982a61.58496003.jpeg

100 yard group using JSB 25g pellets @ 900 FPS

1598298920_7648756815f441b2856ef47.02840835.jpeg

Different pellets at 50 yards all on the same tune. The POI for the 36.2NSA was right at the 3 in “36.2”

I got the .30 Donnyfl Tanto on my Avenger and haven't had a problem. I also drilled my barrel port to 3/16 to match the size of the air port. Not sure why the barrel port was smaller. I also put a washer behind the hammer spring, and all I can say is WOW! I'll never again in my life pay almost 3 grand on another air rifle and scope that gave me so many headaches. For the money this is the best rifle I've owned as far as what you get for the money. The mod was done on the Nova Liberty much more consistent shots a little more power and less turns needed on the hammer spring adjustment. I believe the same manufacturer makes both of the rifles. Some of the Liberty's were released with barrel droop. Take your shroud off and see if you can see droop in the barrel if so send it back. Because my Avenger is shooting Baracuda Hunter Extremes @ 845 punching hole in hole at 50 yards. You also my need to back off your middle screw on the trigger until the screw is flush with the entry hole and lobe your pellets. I'm using whisk comb honey!