• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Avenger .22 first reactions

My Avenger arrived yesterday evening as well. It had very little air in it. I bled the air out to set the reg and it only hissed a short period without much force. Not sure if it was drained prior to shipping. I pumped it up to 3000PSI yesterday evening and it looks good so far this morning, going on 15 hours. I cleaned the barrel and it was extremely filthy. 

IMG_6264.1608054877.jpg
IMG_6265.1608054888.jpg

My leak test has been holding for 15 hours now with no loss...I'll give it awhile longer. PA is checking for paperwork and will get back.

Good!

I forgot to mention that I had an issue with my Avenger: both magazines were extremely hard to insert. I mean, really. The single-shot adapter fit was perfect... and so was my old Marauder magazine. PA was extremely responsive to send me replacements. Anyone else had that kind of issue? The "guilty" part on the magazine was the shallow slot going around the barrel "breech". Just a couple of thou too shallow.

I have a .25 Marauder that I've never used the mags...always single shot hunting, etc. Purchased 2010. Thanks for the heads up. Leak test 20 hours now...time to get this Avenger .22 shooting.

DAR mags are just great.

My Marauders are the same age as yours and only the .22 magazines fit into the Avenger. The .25's are too thick.

Like you, I barely ever use the magazines. The rifles are used for hunting and magazines are not useful for that. I was very glad to discover that the Avenger included a very-well made single shot adapter. That saved me to have to 3d-print or buy one.

Forgot to ask: in the tuning process of my Avenger, I noticed that the hammer spring setting was at minimum at factory setting. I could only turn it clockwise a little over 2-1/2 turn. I heard on some youtube videos that its total range should be around 5ish turns. When I try to go CCW below its "factory" setting, it really doesn't want to budge and I don't want to force it. Any insights?

Forgot to ask: in the tuning process of my Avenger, I noticed that the hammer spring setting was at minimum at factory setting. I could only turn it clockwise a little over 2-1/2 turn. I heard on some youtube videos that its total range should be around 5ish turns. When I try to go CCW below its "factory" setting, it really doesn't want to budge and I don't want to force it. Any insights?

Mine felt that way as well. I could only get 3 turns on mine. I thought maybe something was interfering with the screw so I took off the stock. Don't bother doing this, there's nothing between the screw and the stock. While I had the stock off, I turned the screw back and forth and realized that I was hitting resistance at about turn 3.5 (turning clockwise, or in) and turn 4.5. I kept working it back and forth and I now have the full 5 turn range. Maybe some lock tite or a clip inside that had to be worked loose.

According to Air Velocity Sport's video, yes. At least the threads are the same, although the shroud on the Liberty appears to be thicker. I'm going to get one of the baffle shroud inserts from Geoff on ebay.

I just put a pound of duct seal in the butt stock of mine (didn't even take it out of the plastic, just jammed it in there). Feels like it counteracts the scope weight better, haven't shot it with the weight added yet.

Anyone cares to share some pellet results? On my side, and as of right now, my rifle seems to like the JSB Jumbo 15.89gr the best at 895fps MV. Regulator just short of 1,800psi and hammer spring all backed off. That gives me a 40yd far zero (all my air rifles are set for a +/- .25" kill-zone). With this configuration, I was able to systematically hit a 1 inch-square target at 57yd and ... 3 out of 5 times a 2-inch target at 107yd!!! That one left me speechless. I was just trying "for fun" but didn't envision being able to succeed.

I'm currently in the process pf tuning the rifle for JSB Jumbo Heavy (18.13gr) and, for now, am having mixed results at 900fps. The accuracy doesn't seem to be all the time there. I think I should decrease the velocity towards the 880's. This setting is at 2,000psi and still zero hammer spring.
I have slugs in the mail but they have been crossing the country with USPS for the past 7 days and still show no sign of incoming delivery...