Air Venturi Avenge X

Any help or thoughts for me?
That it typical regulator creeping. It might be the regulator O-rings that is leaking because of some dirt or faulty O-ring. Since it is under guarantee you can sent it back. But for the little work it is to open and clean the O-rings or replace if required, and if you have knowledge and experience to do it yourself, that is what I will do. But again, if you are not comfortable to do it yourself, let them do it. There might be other fault with the regulator as well such as faulty teflon seal, then the regulator needs to be replaced.

That it typical regulator creeping. It might be the regulator O-rings that is leaking because of some dirt or faulty O-ring. Since it is under guarantee you can sent it back. But for the little work it is to open and clean the O-rings or replace if required, and if you have knowledge and experience to do it yourself, that is what I will do. But again, if you are not comfortable to do it yourself, let them do it. There might be other fault with the regulator as well such as faulty teflon seal, then the regulator needs to be replaced.
Thank you caliber. I would like to learn how to repair these guns. But being so new I don’t know if I want to learn on it at this point! This is my second airgun with a problem. I’m hoping I can get these ironed out eventually because this is the most fun I’ve had ever shooting a gun. Do you feel though it is still safe to fire this gun? If my fill pressure is at 3500 my regulator is reading 3500.

The rifle is save, no problem there.

How long does it take for the regulator pressure to creep up like that? Overnight, hours or minutes?

With a slow creep, what you can do in the meantime is to first shoot a few dry shots, that is without pellet, until you see the plenum / regulator pressure is where it is supposed to be and then shoot as normal. The first shots at that pressure the hammer might not have enough force to let out a lot of air. That reduce the over pressure in the plenum and normally it will not creep up between shots. If it does creep up fast between shots, then the problem is to big and should be repaired for accurate shooting. Still safe. You shoot dry not to waste pellets.

If you want to hunt with it, shoot dry before you go hunting as you cannot do that when your "victim" is in your crosshairs. If you don't do it at low over pressure, that hammer cannot open the valve enough for the correct pellet speed and you might shoot low.

In the long run it is better to get it repaired.

Last edited:

How long does it take for the regulator pressure to creep up like that? Overnight, hours or minutes?

With a slow creep, what you can do in the meantime is to first shoot a few dry shots, that is without pellet, until you see the plenum / regulator pressure is where it is supposed to be and then shoot as normal. The first shots at that pressure the hammer might not have enough force to let out a lot of air. That reduce the over pressure in the plenum and normally it will not creep up between shots. If it does creep up fast between shots, then the problem is to big and should be repaired for accurate shooting. Still safe. You shoot dry not to waste pellets.

If you want to hunt with it, shoot dry before you go hunting as you cannot do that when your "victim" is in your crosshairs. If you don't do it at low over pressure, that hammer cannot open the valve enough for the correct pellet speed and you might shoot low.

Great information. Thank you. Hopefully I’ll get more information from pyramid today

Reactions: Caliber 22

When I go home today, I will see how long it takes to creep up and get back to you. Thank you