• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenge-x rollout delayed

Another off the cuff question... does anybody know if this slot (which is on both sides) is an MLOK slot? Honestly not very familiar with MLOK so sorry if that's a stupid question.

Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 12.40.34 AM.png

What optics are you all planning to use on your new Avenge-X? I'm trying to decide. I mainly target shoot off a bench out to 100yds nowadays. I've used a 3-9x32 and 4-12x40 on other non-pcp rifles but thinking of going with a 4-16x44 for my old eyes. Sure alot of choices now.
Thanks for the reply regarding the MLOK Tango. I will be using an Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 6-24x50. I would say go with at least a 50mm objective to let in as much light as possible, and an illuminated reticle will be useful as well.

I’m gonna try a new aim sports alpha6 4.5-27x50. Been reading good things about them and got it for $225 otd from optics planet. Lot of reviews about them (OP) being slow to ship but they’ve always been reasonably prompt with me. This one ordered thurs eve and shipped fri or sat UPS for wed. delivery. Close enough. (lol I like that guy)
The Alpha6 is actually a fairly decent scope. Just yesterday I got a little peeved with my new 16x SWFA because of its tight eyebox, it's tight front to back and left to right. It's not a problem target shooting from a fixed spot, but out hunting it is a real pain to deal with, especially if the sun is just right on the eyepiece too. So I decided to take out my Alpha6 and compare the two of them on a mountain 5.5 miles away with a house on it and another at 6 miles with antenna towers. With both set at 16x the eye box with the Alpha was better in every way, and by a large margin, but the big surprise was the image. I could see things with the Alpha that I could not see with the SWFA, notably color. The Apha is a bigger heavier scope but I always thought the SWFA was better in every way, but I was wrong. I'm sure the tracking is better in the SWFA, and it is lighter, and it will probably last longer, but image-wise and eyebox comfort, it's not close. I like the reticle better on the SWFA because it is not as busy in the center as the Alpha and it's a little thinner, but that can be fixed by turning up the power on the Alpha. At higher power the Alpha looked good and pulled ahead so much I'm leaving it on for now. I think the biggest problem the Alpha 6 had was being overly hyped up on this website by a former member. Putting that aside, for the money, it's a great scope. If I decide it isn't later on, I will go back to my 10x SWFA that I replaced with the 16x (I wish now, that I had got the 12x). Good luck with your Alpha 6!

Reactions: Clazy
Thx PumaCarl. Nice of you to input that for me. Yo bro, I think I know of the former hypester, and I kinda took a leap of faith that so many people felt it was good to great bang for the buck. I bought 2 for an avenge-x (soon) and a DAR gen3 so should be cost compatible. I have really had great luck so far in everything I’ve purchased in airguns. I have several other hobbies with experienced friends, but Im about the only guy I know airgunning right now. This forum has been great! I sifted thru some threads, looked around, jumped on some deals and walla, I’m in the warren! Lol. Again, I appreciate your input.

Reactions: PumaCarl
Another off the cuff question... does anybody know if this slot (which is on both sides) is an MLOK slot? Honestly not very familiar with MLOK so sorry if that's a stupid question.

View attachment 383629
It's not. Was originally intended to be, but that area of the stock was too wide to make it work and removing the necessary material would've made it too thin to be stable/solid.

My compressor showed up today. Took some hunting but found the GX CS4-I with integrated power supply on Aliexpress. I wanted the newest version of GX pump but wasn't fond of the external power supply. Ordered last Tuesday, shipped Thurs and showed up today. Not bad from Shenzhen to KS. Got it flushed out and filled with antifreeze. Runs really quiet and pumps the hose to 300bar in 28 seconds. Seems decent.
Next up, I'm looking for a bipod now. I'd like a shorter one since my range is sloped downwards from the bench. You guys have any suggestions? Thx!

20230828_132450.jpg

Reactions: basketbob
Dang. My order from PA now says 11-6 as well for X wood 22cal. I just called yesterday and spoke to them about adding the 10 for $10. He said it still looked like arriving 9.4 and shippout ~ 9.6. That's so frustrating. 😔
Tango - the date you are reading is not the date for your order, it's just the date it would be available if you ordered today (says the same for me). The PA order page is a bit confusing in that regard, but I'm positive 9/4 is still the date for everybody who did early pre-order.
1693415641900.png

Reactions: Gatorproof
Tango - the date you are reading is not the date for your order, it's just the date it would be available if you ordered today (says the same for me). The PA order page is a bit confusing in that regard, but I'm positive 9/4 is still the date for everybody who did early pre-order. View attachment 384874
The back ordered date I'm seeing is within in my order. It had been different than what had been listed on the website for item. But now it's the same

The back ordered date I'm seeing is within in my order. It had been different than what had been listed on the website for item. But now it's the same
Is your order through Pyramyd or Airgun Depot? The Pyramyd order page hasn't changed at all for me, and the only way I can see a delivery date is if I click "edit order" and then it shows the date under shipping. Mine still says 8/24 so obviously PA hasn't updated anything unfortunately.

1693417334581.png

Is your order through Pyramyd or Airgun Depot? The Pyramyd order page hasn't changed at all for me, and the only way I can see a delivery date is if I click "edit order" and then it shows the date under shipping. Mine still says 8/24 so obviously PA hasn't updated anything unfortunately.

View attachment 384877
Mine actually saz 8/21

Also AG Depot

The simple reality is.. It takes the time it takes..

However... for eager boys of all ages... Waiting for Xmas.. is verrrrrry difficult

Be Well All

I understand that PA and AG Depot are some how merged?

I found it interesting.. I ordered from AG Depot.. 1st run gone at PA..

With that said.. I discussed and ordered the 10 shots for 10 and the overnight leak down test..

Then after adding to the order.. from time to time (getting all at once to get free shipping on everything) I talked to a guy from PA and he said AG Depot does not offer the 10 for 10 program..???

Do they share phone sales somehow

Be Well All