Air Venturi Avenge X Plenum..

Gents,

I received my Avenge X Tactical about two weeks ago. I mentioned to the retailer that I primarily shoot slugs with my Avenger. The retailer mentioned that for a reasonable price they also offer a side mounted plenum for the Avenge X. I checked the box and kept it aside for a week after receiving. I've shot the X for a week and then installed the plenum very easily. It also repositions the gauge to face the shooter. I've never setup a rifle with an additional plenum before and would appreciate any advice for initial setup.

I typically shoot either the .22 /217 H&N in 23/25/27grain, but with the (possible) extra oomph of the plenum, I might start using chubbier slugs.

Much appreciated!

PS: be gentle.

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

That more than doubles the plenum size on the Nova Vista and Avenger X !
An increase of 15cc......From 13cc to 28cc if I read that correctly!
Sounds like you have installed it already!
Is there a jamb-nut to lock it in place, and keep it posistioned correctly?
I would assume that once it is installed, you would then simply increase your regulator adjustment, and re-adjust your hammer spring, to accomidate your heavier (within reason) slug of choice, just like before!
The photos and description do not show a jamb nut, so what exactly locks this down, and prevents it from rotating, once installed?

Last edited:
That more than doubles the plenum size on the Nova Vista and Avenger X !
An increase of 15cc......From 13cc to 28cc if I read that correctly!
Sounds like you have installed it already!
Is there a jamb-nut to lock it in place, and keep it posistioned correctly?
I would assume that once it is installed, you would then simply increase your regulator adjustment, and re-adjust your hammer spring, to accomidate your heavier (within reason) slug of choice, just like before!
The photos and description do not show a jamb nut, so what exactly locks this down, and prevents it from rotating, once installed?
I was worried about the lack of a nut as well, however it lines up exactly in the horizontal position. It could be that the threads are consistent enough for the fit to be exact from rifle to rifle.

I am interested in trying out one of these plenums but they are out of stock. Just curious how reputable a company SA Air Rifles is. I have sent them numerous emails, sent messages through WhatsApp and on Facebook and have gotten no response from them on when this plenum will be back in stock.
I can only speak about my own experiences, and I have no complaints. I suspect the delay is due to the staff doing duty at our local HuntX annual show.

Reactions: cozzierich
With a plenum upgrade you can usually choose between an increase in fps, or an increase in shot count. Tune accordingly, based on your preference. A lot of setups you could also find a happy medium between the two if you wanted. On my 1st Gen Avenger I decided to use the extra plenum volume to increase fps since I like speed.

That is the style plenum I want for the original Avenger to hide in the wood stock. It probably wouldn't really fit completely inside the stock but might look better than sticking straight down out of the rifle. If I knew how to machine stuff....
This is the main reason I was interested in this plenum design for the Avenge-X. I did not want to modify the stock and I don't like the look of the plenum sticking straight out of the bottom, plus you get the added benefit of the regulator pressure gauge facing forward.

Reactions: AmosBurton