• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenge-X PCP Tuning Guide, AEAC Pre-video Learning

Avenge X Classic 22. Have Avenger .22 also for 3 Years. Big upgrade on the X compared to the original until yesterday. Loved it until yesterday. Pretty much hole over hole. Maybe 1000 shots through it. Yesterday at 30 yards I started getting 2" flyers off target, 1 out of 5. Gun sat over night and I could hardly get on paper this morning. Athlon 6-24 Argos and Stinger Bench Rest. It's definitely not me. It is shooting all over the place. Cleaned the barrel and the Donny Sumo moderator. Better but still 2" groups. Tomorrow I will video the issue. I think this one is going back. My Avenger is lights out. Not the X now. Really disappointed it seems to gone to crap so new.
Something similar happened to me a while back with my Kalibrgun cricket II tactical and it was that the screws of the scope rings were a little loose in the picatinny rail. I solved the issue after I tightened all of them to specs with a wheeler torque wrench. It also never hurts to always have a wide variety of bits for this same purpose. It is proven that some DonnyFL Sumo moderators from time to time cause a change in the poi in the airguns, this also happened to me that’s why I sold it and replaced it with the Hugget snipe moderator. I also suggest that before you return the airgun for service remove the scope and check if the two little 2.5mm allen screws that offer support and hold the barrels of our Avengers in place through the first picatinny rail are tight and not a little loose.

IMG_6467.jpeg

IMG_6466.jpeg

View attachment 420575

Last edited:
Reactions: tx1211
In a earlier thread this month I was part of that thread regarding the bottle. T.Patner addressed why the bottle in S. Africa was different than US version. Very interesting explanation. Many of US including myself agree with you in saying our version of the bottle is hideous.:D. Plans are in the works with Air Venturi in offering a new bottle cap that will give the bottle a more traditional look. There is no given timeline. I sense the Air Venturi folks are feeling the customers perspectives and in particular the bottle. Sometimes it pays to get customer feedback. Many times companies like to ram product design down your throat thinking that what they came up with is the holy grail! A simply survey and properly controlled one would most likely nipped that bottle design before it had a chance to come out the gate. Many of the PCP manufacturers do the same. They need to involve customers, and professional shooters in giving input to the ultimate gun. Can't please everyone but in the long run a better product for the majority.

Reactions: Ray_PR and tx1211
Something similar happened to me a while back with my Kalibrgun cricket II tactical and it was that the screws of the scope rings were a little loose in the picatinny rail. I solved the issue after I tightened all of them to specs with a wheeler torque wrench. It also never hurts to always have a wide variety of bits for this same purpose. It is proven that some DonnyFL Sumo moderators from time to time cause a change in the poi in the airguns, this also happened to me that’s why I sold it and replaced it with the Hugget snipe moderator. I also suggest that before you return the airgun for service remove the scope and check if the two little 2.5mm allen screws that offer support and hold the barrels of our Avengers in place through the first picatinny rail are tight and not a little loose.

View attachment 420573

View attachment 420574

View attachment 420575

View attachment 420573

View attachment 420574

View attachment 420575

Pulled the scope, checked the rails and everything seemed good. Re-installed the scope and torqued. Pulled the Sumo. Just shot 4 - 5 shot groups. 17 of the 20 were hole over hole, the other 3 were within 3-16 of an inch. That would be me.. Thanks guys for saving me shipping costs back to Air Venturi. Hey Ray. So you recommend the Hugget Snipe? It's selling for $200 but if it works, I really don't care. Need to keep the neighbors happy. I can put the Sumo back on the Avenger which is my close range Ratting Rifle now. Thanks again Ray. Have a great New Year!

Pulled the scope, checked the rails and everything seemed good. Re-installed the scope and torqued. Pulled the Sumo. Just shot 4 - 5 shot groups. 17 of the 20 were hole over hole, the other 3 were within 3-16 of an inch. That would be me.. Thanks guys for saving me shipping costs back to Air Venturi. Hey Ray. So you recommend the Hugget Snipe? It's selling for $200 but if it works, I really don't care. Need to keep the neighbors happy. I can put the Sumo back on the Avenger which is my close range Ratting Rifle now. Thanks again Ray. Have a great New Year!
A few days back I compared the Hugget snipe vs my others aftermarket moderators and was the clear winner by a large margin. In fact today I removed from my Avenge-X and did a few quick shots and oh my God….😱😳 to be honest with you I was lucky that none of my neighbors called the police the difference in sound deduction was incredible. I wish you a happy New Year for you and all your love ones….👍😊🎉.

IMG_8315.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm convinced. Will be ordering one. I cleaned out the Donny and did a video of it mounted and unmounted today. Working on the You tube post. Night and Day Difference.
I suggest that you read the information that appears in this two links if you have not done so, related to the best moderators that are available on the market for our Avengers airguns.

Which moderator is the quietest between this four? The new DonnyFL Ryu, the impulse air, the very popular DonnyFL Sumo or the 0 db? Thanks
https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...s-the-best-moderator-for-this-airgun.1301128/

Last edited:
Avenge X Classic 22. Have Avenger .22 also for 3 Years. Big upgrade on the X compared to the original until yesterday. Loved it until yesterday. Pretty much hole over hole. Maybe 1000 shots through it. Yesterday at 30 yards I started getting 2" flyers off target, 1 out of 5. Gun sat over night and I could hardly get on paper this morning. Athlon 6-24 Argos and Stinger Bench Rest. It's definitely not me. It is shooting all over the place. Cleaned the barrel and the Donny Sumo moderator. Better but still 2" groups. Tomorrow I will video the issue. I think this one is going back. My Avenger is lights out. Not the X now. Really disappointed it seems to gone to crap so new.
Just a thought in thinking about what you are experiencing. I am relatively new to the PCP world less than a year and I have an Avenge X Tac 25 Cal. and it IS lights out! Excellent shooter at ranges under 100yds. I started with a cheap Gamo 22 cal Magnum 3i (very good break barrel)when it first came out a couple years ago and one day I decided to use pellet style bore cleaning pellets. What a mistake! the power of the rifle (and I did not realize this until later) that the pellets were getting hung up in side the built on moderator in the baffle! So when firing the pellets began clipping and eating up the rest of the baffle inside and had all kinds of fliers, inaccuracies etc. I wasn't until I took it apart and saw how the pellets clipped the baffle badly. Fortunately after contacting Gamo they sent me a new one and I was back in business! Accurate again. I have Sumo on my Avenge X tact and its a match in heaven. I would at least take apart your Sumo and inspect the inside first before narrowing it down to the rifle. Love my Avenge X it is impressively accurate for me. Good luck man.

Hey Ray so you recommend the Hugget Snipe? It's selling for $200 but if it works, I really don't care. Need to keep the neighbors happy. I can put the Sumo back on the Avenger which is my close range Ratting Rifle now. Thanks again Ray. Have a great New Year!
I have only paid $159.95 usd for my Hugget snipe moderators plus $7.95 shipped by USPS priority mail service since I live outside the US for a grand total of $167.90 dollars. Currently I have four two .22 and two .25 and today I bought another .30 since I plan to buy another airgun in this bigger caliber as well.

Last edited:
This are the current tunes I am using with my Avenge-X .25 cal with the JSB mark II 33.95 grains pellets but with reg set to only 2100 psi. I started at 175 bar with 5 turns to the h/s as suggested by Steve but my airgun was shooting to hot at over 900 fps with this particular tune, so after messing for a while with the h/s I degassed the airgun again and lowered the reg pressure and started all over again, (remember that none of this airguns are alike). I was filling it up to 4000 psi only that’s why the shot count is a little lower as well. Currently the h/s is around 4 1/2 turns in. Later in the day I will keep messing a little more with the h/s with very extra small increments to see if I can achieve the same es and std Steve is showing in this chart (I am retired). I can spend hours shooting my .25 caliber Avenger-X without scaring any of my closest neighbor's chickens, this just goes to show how quiet and backyard friendly my Avengers are with the Hugget snipe moderators even though the shots are passing barely two feets above their heads and the shooting targets are just a few feets behind them. None of our houses have fences. PS I shot a very big iguana that was passing through my yard but couldn’t get an accurate shot in her head because she was moving too fast, and even though the shot penetrated her body near his head she keep running and went to one of my neighbors yard and disappeared.

IMG_8341.jpeg

IMG_8330.png

IMG_8333.png

IMG_8331.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Beanflip
This are the current tunes I am using with my Avenge-X .25 cal with the JSB mark II 33.95 grains pellets but with reg set to only 2100 psi. I started at 175 bar with 5 turns to the h/s as suggested by Steve but my airgun was shooting to hot at over 900 fps with this particular tune, so after messing for a while with the h/s I degassed the airgun again and lowered the reg pressure and started all over again, (remember that none of this airguns are alike). I was filling it up to 4000 psi only that’s why the shot count is a little lower as well. Currently the h/s is around 4 1/2 turns in. Later in the day I will keep messing a little more with the h/s with very extra small increments to see if I can achieve the same es and std Steve is showing in this chart (I am retired). I can spend hours shooting my .25 caliber Avenger-X without scaring any of my closest neighbor's chickens, this just goes to show how quiet and backyard friendly my Avengers are with the Hugget snipe moderators even though the shots are passing barely two feets above their heads and the shooting targets are just a few feets behind them. None of our houses have fences. PS I shot a very big iguana that was passing through my yard but couldn’t get an accurate shot in her head because she was moving too fast, and even though the shot penetrated her body near his head she keep running and went to one of my neighbors yard and disappeared.

View attachment 421256

View attachment 421257

View attachment 421258

View attachment 421259
where did you order the snipe from ? im on the fence between the donnyfl yoko and the huggett snipe 1 question i know donnyfl always suggest ordering 1 size up. did you do this with the snipe? i have a .25cal as well so i was wondering if you went with the .22/.25 snipe or the .30cal they sell

where did you order the snipe from ? im on the fence between the donnyfl yoko and the huggett snipe 1 question i know donnyfl always suggest ordering 1 size up. did you do this with the snipe? i have a .25cal as well so i was wondering if you went with the .22/.25 snipe or the .30cal they
I bought my Huggets snipe moderators from this website, they come in the same size of your airguns caliber not like the DonnyFL that they recommend one size up. The new Yokozuna weight twice more than the Hugget that’s why I discarded them. Good luck

Last edited: