Air Venturi Avenge-X PCP Tuning Guide, AEAC Pre-video Learning

No I did not. The only pellet I've ever got to shoot accurately above 900 fps is the .22 25g JSB MRD's.

The H&N 18's at 900 fps shot very well for me at 50y.

*The JTS Dead Center pellets were a very tight fit in this barrel.
I have a rifle that I think shoots too hot, 1050 fps but it's accurate enough for me to get all shots on a 3" spinner at 50 yards.. with open sights and no glasses 🤣 so both target and sights were fuzzy and I don't like the rear peap sight because the hole is too big for me.. so I was pleased..
I also shot a basketball size hornet nest down around 40 ft up from a distance, just cutting the limb off the tree.. I thought it was a good way to get rid of it and not get stung.
did you test the velocity of the jts since you said they were tight? just wondering if they were so tight that you lost a lot of velocity?
Mark

Working on getting those online now actually. I hope to have everything online by the middle of next week. Lot of different kits and stocks to sort through, but almost there
any aftermarket stuff or all run of the mill air venturi stuff? i cannot wait for people to start making custom parts for the X

Reactions: markhooper
I pulled some (actually quite a few) patches through the barrel with a Patchworm. It was dirtier than I expected. The manufacturer must’ve put some anti-corrosion stuff in there!

I put it over the chrony and it was shooting the 18g pellets a bit hotter than I like at about 920 fps. Not sure if the difference in velocity (from the 10 for 10 test) has to do with different elevation/atmospheric pressure or a clean barrel, but it was shooting 885 fps in Ohio.

I reduced the hammer as much as it would go. *it has a stop pin or something so you can’t accidentally back it out too far. Which is now giving me about 900 fps.

So I took the Avenge-X out back and sighted it in at 50y.

I tested 3 different brands of 18g pellets, and apparently this barrel like the H&N 18’s best.

View attachment 415267
View attachment 415266
I did this 10 shots string with my Avenge-X in .22 cal with the JSB 18 grain’s pellets with the h/s all the way to the left (0 tension) with the reg set to 100 bar that was the lowest psi I could get.

IMG_6331.jpeg

IMG_6330.png

What is the chance of a .30 barrel being made available? I think I remember hearing something about this in one of the Shot Show videos but haven't been able to find it again.
It was asked but the answer was "No, it wil not be available". But I think that if enough request comes in it might be considered.

What is the chance of a .30 barrel being made available? I think I remember hearing something about this in one of the Shot Show videos but haven't been able to find it again.

Not on the X platform. It's possible in the aftermarket but modifications to the breech itself would need to be made to accommodate a .30 cal safely.

I have a wood stock tube version. 25 cal and I am getting a constant poi shift left to right I will shoot a few groups no shift, go to shoot an hour later get a poi shift again and again. 25 grain fx pellets 905 feet per sec 2200 on the reg anyone else getting poi shifts. 50 yrd zero
The Avenger has the same problem. I was hoping with the Avenge-X the problem was corrected but it seems not.

any one give an opinion on the Avenge-X .25 or the niksan Ozark - TS ? supposedly looks like kral and niksan are made in the same factory i do know the niksan is not regulated im on the fence ready to order 1 or the other but with the niksan being so new i cannot find any reviews on the .25 cal only .22 and no one is really doing any head to head comparisions . im leaning towards the avenge-x BUT i want to make sure i do my research esp with the niksan being 535$ atm on donnyFL 5$ over the avenge-x . the only person i could get a awnser from on this was a youtuber mentioned the avenge-x being more tunable .
I'd go with the Avenge X as it's regulated and has high and low power setting. Happy shooting!

I performed this test already with my new Avenge-X .22 cal with the TP set to high tuned to shot the JSB 18 grains pellets between 870 and 880 fps (I don’t shot with slugs). Then with this same tune without touching anything else set his TP to low and shot a string of 10 rounds with the lighter crosman premier 14 grains pellets and this were the results. If you’re curious about the weather still been in the mid 80 degrees at this time of the year, I live in the Caribbean PR not in the states.

View attachment 413812

View attachment 413813
Ray
so it actually shot a bit slower with the low setting and the lighter pellets?? if that's the case and you don't shoot slugs it might probably be a closer tune if you did the jsb redesigned heavy on high and the lighter crossman on low power..
Michael
do you think this might be correct?

I'd like it if one of you guys would test the idea.. I'd really like to know, it's going to be awhile before I get one.. probably try the bullpup tank version and that's going to require a optic too.. otherwise I will get the standard one.. the tank would be nice but it's lots more money..
thank you for the info
Mark

I pulled some (actually quite a few) patches through the barrel with a Patchworm. It was dirtier than I expected. The manufacturer must’ve put some anti-corrosion stuff in there!

I put it over the chrony and it was shooting the 18g pellets a bit hotter than I like at about 920 fps. Not sure if the difference in velocity (from the 10 for 10 test) has to do with different elevation/atmospheric pressure or a clean barrel, but it was shooting 885 fps in Ohio.

I reduced the hammer as much as it would go. *it has a stop pin or something so you can’t accidentally back it out too far. Which is now giving me about 900 fps.

So I took the Avenge-X out back and sighted it in at 50y.

I tested 3 different brands of 18g pellets, and apparently this barrel like the H&N 18’s best.

View attachment 415267
View attachment 415266
I hope you are still following the thread.. the post before you did some testing on the transfer port and so it seems like the jsb 18 was good on high but the 14 was a bit slower.. he said that he doesn't shoot slugs.. so I am hoping that slugs or not. maybe a high setting for jsb redesigned heavy and then low setting for the lighter crossman premier 14 grain.. would give us a better idea if the transfer port might be a way to shoot heaviest or slugs and then still be able to plink or target shoot shorter distances with the lighter ammo.
thank you
Mark

Looks like they have updated their site to reflect the correct bottle size now. All the pages are showing 360cc

tpatner
do you think the bottle design in the video will be available? I was also surprised that it had both fill probe and foster fitting.. is that the same on the bottles you are listing?
mark

The Avenger has the same problem. I was hoping with the Avenge-X the problem was corrected but it seems not.
could the barrel retaining set screws be loose? after a few magazines on the umarex notos it was doing similar and I checked the set screw and it was almost loose enough to remove the barrel..
just a thought
mark

I have a wood stock average also and I was able to fix the problem because the avenger has 2 action screws. I bought a black arts barrel band and a donnyfl adapter and sanded the inside of the stock so the barrel and tube are floated. The average x wood stock only has one action screw. Will see maybe I can add and action screw if there is room around the trigger. Still thinking this out. any feedback of others having poi shift and thoughts would be helpful

I have a wood stock tube version. 25 cal and I am getting a constant poi shift left to right I will shoot a few groups no shift, go to shoot an hour later get a poi shift again and again. 25 grain fx pellets 905 feet per sec 2200 on the reg anyone else getting poi shifts. 50 yrd zero

Have you tried free floating the barrel shroud or the air cylinder or both? This can be done by removing the O-rings inside of the barrel band.

tpatner
do you think the bottle design in the video will be available? I was also surprised that it had both fill probe and foster fitting.. is that the same on the bottles you are listing?
mark

Not unless a 300 BAR bottle comes available for a reasonable cost. The US versions do not have a foster on the rear neck of the bottle or a spot for a fill probe as the QD is on the end of the bottle itself, maintaining the same fill procedure between the tube and bottle.