Air Venturi Avenge-X PCP Tuning Guide, AEAC Pre-video Learning

I will contact the importer tomorrow so he can measure and post the results here. If the importer got it wrong the everybody will follow and give wrong specs.

How it may be, from the beginning I decided that when I do buy it, it will be the tube version as it just look better for me. And I use a hand pump instead of my 300 bar 7L air cylinder. I need the exercise and this force me to do it. A bottle will be just to much.
I just spoke with the importer about the bottle size. He confirmed that it is definitely a 500cc - 250 bar bottle and it is stamped like that on the bottle itself as 0.5L. It is imported like that from the manufacturer because they don't like the appearance of the 300 bar bottle..

Last edited:
I just spoke with the importer about the bottle size. He confirmed that it is definitely a 500cc - 250 bar bottle and it is stamped like that on the bottle itself as 0.5L. It is imported like that from the manufacturer because they don't like the appearance of the 300 bar bottle..

Hm, I've spoken with the factory, and they do not supply it with a 500cc bottle. There are a few errors on the importers website, including the size of the tube version on some pages...so I suspect it's just a typo. But I've asked the factory to address it with them so hopefully everyone is on the same page and knows what they are getting.

Looks like they have updated their site to reflect the correct bottle size now. All the pages are showing 360cc

Well technically I broke it by pushing it just past 210 ish bar for several hundred shots, lol. 210 is Max according to the manual. My replacement is holding on nicely though. Been smashing it at 210 bar for about 500 shots and all good so far, hehe 😁.

Steve
so I know that you replaced the regulator, so will parts like it and seal kits be available for sale? or did they just get you a regulator from another gun?
to me that's a big one, if we are able to order parts..
mark

Reactions: Dogowsky
There are a few reasons that may not be apparent on the surface, I will explain and hopefully that will shed some light on why we have a different bottle here in the states.

1) What may not be clear to everyone is that the 400cc aluminum bottle used in many other parts of the world on the Avenge-X only fills to 250 BAR. Because of this, when you compare the 250 BAR fill bottle to the 300 BAR fill 210cc air tube, you only see a 5-10% shot count increase if you're comparing the same tune. Not a worthwhile increase in my opinion. Compare that with the 300 BAR bottle offered here in the US, and you get a much better ~40% higher shot count over the tube.

2) There are not very many 300 BAR bottle options in the diameter that it used on the Avenge-X (in fact, I am only aware of 2 others). Because of the modular design, and the fact that the drop block on the rifle accommodates both the tube and bottle without additional parts or modification, going to a larger diameter bottle was not in the cards.

3) They call it out in the video, but the rifle with the 250 BAR alu. bottle fills via a fill probe. You will notice a QD on the neck of the bottle, but the position of that QD is not easily controlled (meaning it doesn't always end up where you want it and can access it) and on some models of the rifle, it would be covered by the stock itself. I know fill probes annoy (that may be putting it mildly) most of us, and that was a concession we were not willing to make with the Avenge-X for the US market.

FWIW, based on feedback from a number of places (AGN included) we have a cap/cover in the works for the bottle that will alter the appearance to make it look more traditional.

Hopefully that adds some clarity on the bottle. Ultimately, we wanted parity (both in features and functionality) between the tube and bottle versions in a way that no one else had done before, and I think we have achieved that.
Tpatner412
I had checked with pyramid about some parts for the original avenger.. but they told me that no parts were available to buy..
so I see Steve went through a regulator and you got him a replacement regulator.. so will parts be available for the avenger X, like regulator, seal kits and miscellaneous parts.. or is this just like a one time thing to get the review done?
also if parts are available for the avenger X, are they now available for the avenger?
thank you
Mark

Tpatner412
I had checked with pyramid about some parts for the original avenger.. but they told me that no parts were available to buy..
so I see Steve went through a regulator and you got him a replacement regulator.. so will parts be available for the avenger X, like regulator, seal kits and miscellaneous parts.. or is this just like a one time thing to get the review done?
also if parts are available for the avenger X, are they now available for the avenger?
thank you
Mark

Actually most of the X parts are already online. In the case of the reg, you can find it here: https://www.pyramydair.com/product/avenge-x-complete-regulator?a=12247

Of course, it also works in the Avenger.

We have had parts kits for the Avengers online for quite some time. But it depends on what individual parts you are looking for.

Just received my .22 cal Avenge-x! Time to do a little Share n’ Compare of the .22 vs .25

I've been wondering about the avenger X 22.. so my question is.. say that you tune it for the heaviest slugs that will fit the magazine.. to around 900+ fps with the port setting on high.. and then switch the port setting to low what will it do then with say 14grain crossman premier round nose.. I'm not really into tuning, pretty much just shoot out of the box as factory so I don't know if this is a way to have a gun shoot the heavy slugs and still be able to plink with cheap ammo.. so far I have only shot crossman premier, jsb 18 and jsb redesigned heavy.. all in 22 caliber.
I'm also curious about how some of the slugs are actually lighter than the jsb redesigned.. so what is the purpose for a light slug over a heavy pellet?
thank you for any advice anyone can pass on.
Mark

Reactions: Dogowsky
I've been wondering about the avenger X 22.. so my question is.. say that you tune it for the heaviest slugs that will fit the magazine.. to around 900+ fps with the port setting on high.. and then switch the port setting to low what will it do then with say 14grain crossman premier round nose.. I'm not really into tuning, pretty much just shoot out of the box as factory so I don't know if this is a way to have a gun shoot the heavy slugs and still be able to plink with cheap ammo.. so far I have only shot crossman premier, jsb 18 and jsb redesigned heavy.. all in 22 caliber.
I'm also curious about how some of the slugs are actually lighter than the jsb redesigned.. so what is the purpose for a light slug over a heavy pellet?
Mark
Hi Mark,

I'm new to the Avenge-X, but as far as I know there is no airgun that will efficiently operator at two extremes. It is fully adjustable (reg, hammer, transfer port). Ideally you'll want to set up your airgun to shoot projectiles of similar weight. The regulator and the hammer are the primary tuning components, while the transfer port can be used for a quick change from high to low power. From my understanding transfer ports simply restrict the amount of air allowed to enter the barrel. I have not tested the effects of the TP on the Avenge-X.

It's typically best practice to tune your airgun for the projectile you intend on shooting the most. You do this via the regulator and hammer (with the TP fully open). Then you could theoretically turn the TP to low to shoot a lighter projectile or lower power. But keep in mind that the efficiency is based on the regulator and hammer.

Diablo shaped pellets typically yield the best results under 900 fps. With the exception of the .22 cal 25g MRD's that usually like to fly a bit hotter 930-980 fps (depending on the barrel). Slugs typically like being shot 950-1050 fps. At that speed slugs typically deliver a better BC than a diablo pellet.

any one give an opinion on the Avenge-X .25 or the niksan Ozark - TS ? supposedly looks like kral and niksan are made in the same factory i do know the niksan is not regulated im on the fence ready to order 1 or the other but with the niksan being so new i cannot find any reviews on the .25 cal only .22 and no one is really doing any head to head comparisions . im leaning towards the avenge-x BUT i want to make sure i do my research esp with the niksan being 535$ atm on donnyFL 5$ over the avenge-x . the only person i could get a awnser from on this was a youtuber mentioned the avenge-x being more tunable .

Hi Mark,

I'm new to the Avenge-X, but as far as I know there is no airgun that will efficiently operator at two extremes. It is fully adjustable (reg, hammer, transfer port). Ideally you'll want to set up your airgun to shoot projectiles of similar weight. The regulator and the hammer are the primary tuning components, while the transfer port can be used for a quick change from high to low power. From my understanding transfer ports simply restrict the amount of air allowed to enter the barrel. I have not tested the effects of the TP on the Avenge-X.

It's typically best practice to tune your airgun for the projectile you intend on shooting the most. You do this via the regulator and hammer (with the TP fully open). Then you could theoretically turn the TP to low to shoot a lighter projectile or lower power. But keep in mind that the efficiency is based on the regulator and hammer.

Diablo shaped pellets typically yield the best results under 900 fps. With the exception of the .22 cal 25g MRD's that usually like to fly a bit hotter 930-980 fps (depending on the barrel). Slugs typically like being shot 950-1050 fps. At that speed slugs typically deliver a better BC than a diablo pellet.
thank you for the concise and thorough answer.. although you did hint that it could be tuned for the heavy slugs and still be turned down for lighter ammo although I understand that wouldn't be ideal for the lighter ammo, it might keep it from going supersonic??
I am not familiar with the abbreviation you used.. 22 caliber 25g MRD's.. could you please let me know what that is? I know that my jsb redesigned heavy shoots and hits really hard.. but it also for some reason makes my blitz 22 into a bolt action. it shoots well in my American tactical liberty nova 22 which is pretty close in design to the avenger X without the gauge for regulator ... also it makes the umarex notos pistol hit very hard and a lot quieter..
I've got a air leak on the american tactical liberty nova.. it's very slow.. takes a week to drop 1000 PSI and it always quits leaking at regulator pressure 2000 PSI.. I'm figuring that if it was valve or tank area it would go empty.. and so the only place I can think of is the regulator atmosphere vent..
I got it from AOA 8? years ago and the company is out of business and AOA doesn't work on them.. Captain O ring has o ring kits but other than that it appears that parts might not be available 🤔😟 I really like the gun so I hope I can keep it going..
Mark

Reactions: Swildman
Mark
I performed this test already with my new Avenge-X .22 cal with the TP set to high tuned to shot the JSB 18 grains pellets between 870 and 880 fps (I don’t shot with slugs). Then with this same tune without touching anything else set his TP to low and shot a string of 10 rounds with the lighter crosman premier 14 grains pellets and this were the results. If you’re curious about the weather still been in the mid 80 degrees at this time of the year, I live in the Caribbean PR not in the states.

IMG_7989.png

IMG_7990.png

Last edited:
I pulled some (actually quite a few) patches through the barrel with a Patchworm. It was dirtier than I expected. The manufacturer must’ve put some anti-corrosion stuff in there!

I put it over the chrony and it was shooting the 18g pellets a bit hotter than I like at about 920 fps. Not sure if the difference in velocity (from the 10 for 10 test) has to do with different elevation/atmospheric pressure or a clean barrel, but it was shooting 885 fps in Ohio.

I reduced the hammer as much as it would go. *it has a stop pin or something so you can’t accidentally back it out too far. Which is now giving me about 900 fps.

So I took the Avenge-X out back and sighted it in at 50y.

I tested 3 different brands of 18g pellets, and apparently this barrel like the H&N 18’s best.

IMG_0349.jpeg

IMG_0350.jpeg

I pulled some (actually quite a few) patches through the barrel with a Patchworm. It was dirtier than I expected. The manufacturer must’ve put some anti-corrosion stuff in there!

I put it over the chrony and it was shooting the 18g pellets a bit hotter than I like at about 920 fps. Not sure if the difference in velocity (from the 10 for 10 test) has to do with different elevation/atmospheric pressure or a clean barrel, but it was shooting 885 fps in Ohio.

I reduced the hammer as much as it would go. *it has a stop pin or something so you can’t accidentally back it out too far. Which is now giving me about 900 fps.

So I took the Avenge-X out back and sighted it in at 50y.

I tested 3 different brands of 18g pellets, and apparently this barrel like the H&N 18’s best.

View attachment 415267
View attachment 415266
Did You try it at 920fps? If it shoots accurate at 920fps then it is OK.
My rifle, not an Avenge-X, shoots at its best at 930. Any more or less velocity and the groups open up.

Reactions: markhooper
Did You try it at 920fps? If it shoots accurate at 920fps then it is OK.
My rifle, not an Avenge-X, shoots at its best at 930. Any more or less velocity and the groups open up.
No I did not. The only pellet I've ever got to shoot accurately above 900 fps is the .22 25g JSB MRD's.

The H&N 18's at 900 fps shot very well for me at 50y.

*The JTS Dead Center pellets were a very tight fit in this barrel.

@Tpatner412

Bought a tube synthetic Avenge-x and having a great time.

Find myself wishing that I'd bought the bottle though. Don't see any upgrade kits. Are those out yet?
Working on getting those online now actually. I hope to have everything online by the middle of next week. Lot of different kits and stocks to sort through, but almost there.