• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenge-X PCP Tuning Guide, AEAC Pre-video Learning

CONTINUED from above...

This moderator from "Impulse Air" also shined at 50 in wicked winds
View attachment 401652

Impulse Air moderator with the 910 tune at 50 yards - yum
View attachment 401654

easy on/off for the Avenge X
View attachment 401667

100 casual shots at 25 yards tuning
View attachment 401671

910 tune at 50 yds, light wind, morning warmup, off camera
View attachment 401655

FX True Ballistic Chronograph telling us what's going on from muzzle to target
View attachment 401660

speed vs power from muzzle to target
View attachment 401661

910 got that 25.4 shooting pretty slippery... notice the 5 ES and 1.8 SD?? ... gun was shooting this all day after a new set of bolt probe o-rings
View attachment 401662

worn down o-rings after 3,000 shots of test & tune still worked good but new ones brought the ES & SD of the 910 tune to 6 and 1.8
View attachment 401663

new o-rings installed, thank you for keeping me going Tyler P.
View attachment 401664

what the Avenge X .25 cal can do at 50 with the JSB 25.4gr... groups are with & without an aftermarket moderator
View attachment 401665

yesterday was a good day proofing a lotta work out before the cameras
View attachment 401666

I'm calling the 25.4 "DIALED" 🙂

I'm moving on to the more aerodynamic 34gr now, then to slugs after that.

For day-to-day learning updates out ahead of the AEAC Avenge X Tuning Guide video, you can follow me on Instagram, "hookedonair." You'll find all of the above and MUCH more.

Steve
just wanted to know more about ballistic.. considered the avenger X 22 and the gauntlet 30.. wondering if with slugs the avenger is able to almost equal the 30 with pellets.. as I prefer side lever..
then what happens if you are tuned for heavy slugs and then switch to 14 grain pellet? I'd assume that the speed would go up, but would the twist rate be right to stabilize it.. lots of questions and no answers.. id really appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction.. and or links to learn..
I don't have any social media other than here, don't have a clue about Instagram.. so any help is greatly appreciated.
Mark

......There is a bit of rocking flex at the bipod mount though... and watch those bipod mount screws. Mine backed out after a few thousand shots, increasing flex there. The bipod mout system is good enough to get the performance out of it though. My wood stock should arrive sometime this week.

Steve

Hi Steve, great updates from you! Will please explain the rocking flex you mentioned? Is this lateral flex in the stock's forend or more fore and aft flex? And the bipod mount screw issue you had, was is the forend rail mounting screws backing out, or was it screws on your bipod?

Thank you,
Chris

Hi Steve, great updates from you! Will please explain the rocking flex you mentioned? Is this lateral flex in the stock's forend or more fore and aft flex? And the bipod mount screw issue you had, was is the forend rail mounting screws backing out, or was it screws on your bipod?

Thank you,
Chris
Hi Chris,

It's lateral flex between the bipod pic rail and the foreend. The stock/gun system as a whole is quite rigid. There are 2 screws that hold the pic rail to the foreend. Mine backed out after a few thousand shots. Tightening them restored my ability to make the gun group at 50. It also decreased the lateral flex.

To be clear, it's not bad. I'm nitpicking. But it's there if you decide to load the gun up heavy during your benched shoulder & cheek.

Steve

Reactions: Chris_K
Hi Chris,

It's lateral flex between the bipod pic rail and the foreend. The stock/gun system as a whole is quite rigid. There are 2 screws that hold the pic rail to the foreend. Mine backed out after a few thousand shots. Tightening them restored my ability to make the gun group at 50. It also decreased the lateral flex.

To be clear, it's not bad. I'm nitpicking. But it's there if you decide to load the gun up heavy during your benched shoulder & cheek.

Steve
Hi Steve,
Thank you for expanding on this, it does sound manageable.
Chris

Reactions: AEAC
I'll be super interested to see what you think of the tactical version. I got mine and my only complaint so far is the darn hammer spring adjuster screw is maddening to adjust.
Agree with your feels on that. It's the Classic for me all the way... both Synthetic and Wood are very nice. I appreciate the Tac and think others will too... but I'm too much of a tinkerer 🤓

Steve

Reactions: craighobbist02
I don't know if the threads are the same.. but I wonder if anyone has tried using the jam but and o-ring faced from a hydraulic fitting.. I'd have to look up the name of the fitting if someone knows the gauge thread size..they seem to be good for hydraulic up to 5000psi so might work? 🤔 or just twist your head until it's upright 🤣 but I totally agree that they should be clocked upright.. angle is just sloppy
mark

Hey there! I let my brother in law shoot that wood Avenge X and he was almost sold! That gun is a great ambassador to the sport of PCP. You can hand it to anyone and they will be blown away by the accuacy. He was shooting the heads and arms off trophys at 40 yards. Also hitting paintballs effortlessly at that range. We had alot of fun.
I'm saving for it now. It's my Christmas present to myself! Lol

Hey there! I let my brother in law shoot that wood Avenge X and he was almost sold! That gun is a great ambassador to the sport of PCP. You can hand it to anyone and they will be blown away by the accuacy. He was shooting the heads and arms off trophys at 40 yards. Also hitting paintballs effortlessly at that range. We had alot of fun.
I'm saving for one to get myself a Christmas present! Can't wait.lol

CONTINUED from above...

View attachment 401652

View attachment 401654

View attachment 401667

View attachment 401671

View attachment 401655

View attachment 401660

View attachment 401661

910 got that 25.4 shooting pretty slippery... notice the 5 ES and 1.8 SD?? ... gun was shooting this all day after a new set of bolt probe o-rings
View attachment 401662

worn down o-rings after 3,000 shots of test & tune still worked good but new ones brought the ES & SD of the 910 tune to 6 and 1.8
View attachment 401663

View attachment 401664

what the Avenge X .25 cal can do at 50, in the wind, with the JSB 25.4gr... groups are with & without an aftermarket moderator
View attachment 401665

yesterday was a good day proofing a lotta hard work out before the cameras
View attachment 401666

I'm calling it... the 25.4 is "DIALED" 🙂

For my day-to-day learning updates out ahead of the AEAC Avenge X Tuning Guide video, you can follow me on Instagram, "hookedonair." You'll find all of the above there and much more.

Steve
When are the best posts on any subject on any gun I've ever seen! Thank you very much. I've got a velocity fluctuation problem and I'm trying to solve that. I'll play with the hammer spring first. Maybe I better get one of those very special chronographs that you have. Right now I'm using the FX pocket chronograph

CONTINUED from above...

View attachment 401652

View attachment 401654

View attachment 401667

View attachment 401671

View attachment 401655

View attachment 401660

View attachment 401661

View attachment 401662

View attachment 401663

View attachment 401664

what the Avenge X .25 cal can do at 50, in the wind, with the JSB 25.4gr... groups are with & without an aftermarket moderator
View attachment 401665

yesterday was a good day proofing a lotta hard work out before the cameras
View attachment 401666

I'm calling it... the 25.4 is "DIALED" 🙂

For my day-to-day learning updates out ahead of the AEAC Avenge X Tuning Guide video, you can follow me on Instagram, "hookedonair." You'll find all of the above there and much more.

Steve
Hi Steve
Thanks again for all the information you provide in your reviews. I’m curious, are you going to test out to 100yards?

Can't wait to get mine in 25 cal
My 25 cal Avenge X Tact was my first PCP coming from a GAMO 22 Mag Gen 3. This is a new hobby for me so its all an education for me and enjoying it in retirement! Anyway, I have had it 3 weeks now and fired close to 800 rds. At 30 yds it's a tac driver. Extremely accurate. At 50 just as good. At 75 is when I begin to see varying grps. I do max fill. I have used JSB 25's , JTS 25's (tight fit)and FX 25' and have also fired JSB 33's All are accurate in this gun, JSB and FX are nearly identical in performance, the 33's are great as well. I will use those for critter/pest control. So if what I experienced out the box was amazing I can only imagine what it can do after your tuning tutoria

cant wait for the 34 gr test/tune. So do you think amongst all the impulse gave the best results?
Here's my 34gr tune starting place. Tomorrow, I'll be heading out into the country to field validate & refine it.

image025.png

20231109_133421.jpg

20231109_134037.jpg

I filmed both the new DonnyFL's and the Impulse Airs all drilling holes at 50 yards so I couldn't say yet which it likes best. The gun runs good without them too. For certain the added weight out there is welcome though cuz of flip. All really settled the gun down nicely on the bench. The X is also startlingly quiet unmoderated... even at 50 fpe.

Steve

Hi Steve
Thanks again for all the information you provide in your reviews. I’m curious, are you going to test out to 100yards?
In the full review, yes absolutely as always. For the tuning guide, probably mostly at 50, some at 100, and some past 100 (just like my last one, "Ultimate Tuning Guide for All Airguns).

For that 25.4gr 910 tune, I filmed some cool slo-mo scope cam of perfectly stable pellet flight to 120 yards... in the wind, lol. Who knew? 🤣

Steve

Reactions: AmosBurton