Air Venturi Avenge-X PCP Tuning Guide, AEAC Pre-video Learning

I bought my Huggets snipe moderators from this website, they come in the same size of your airguns caliber not like the DonnyFL that they recommend one size up. The new Yokozuna weight twice more than the Hugget that’s why I discarded them. Good luck

https://penchetta.com/huggett-snipe-standard-ldc-moderator-25/ this the same one i assume will be ordering it next week or so

Here is how my avenge-x .22 was shooting with the sumo
Here is how it was shooting without the sumo

I completely took apart the Sumo, cleaned and inspected it. It needed cleaning. Found a very minor clip on the exit ring and filed it. Major difference when reinstalled. Shooting way better. Shot today with and without the Sumo. Approx 3100psi start, reg at 2000 and Hammer 1.5 turns in. Velocity was around 890fps average. Best group with the Sumo was 8.23mm, worst was 35mm. With the Sumo removed, best group was 7mm, worst was 15mm. 45 shots each time. Looks like I need a new moderator. Here is the paper: Left side with the Sumo 199 to 207, Right side without, 208 to 212+ a few not numbered. Definitely better without the moderator. Now to choose a moderator.
1704585410204.jpeg

Reactions: Beanflip
Have a question. I let my cousin inlaw shoot my avenge-x tactical. Well he knocked it off the table smh.. and broke the back end of the stock off . Anyone have a schematic for replacement parts for it?. It broke right where the buffer tube deal connects . I know there supposed to have kits for stocks and all that for all the rifles they make I just cannot find the tactical tube stock anywhere. **Edit I took the stock off and it is a 2 piece design which is good bc that means I should not have to replace the entire thing I assume air venturi will have this part since they have full parts list for the other 2 models ?. Or will I need to send it off to get someone to model it and 3d print me a replacement?. View attachment 420666View attachment 420667
Just wanted to update this!. Parts are indeed on pyramid the lady at air venturi told me there working on the catalog pictures for the parts along with the tactical schematic will be posted very soon got my rifle back together I am happy camper !. Note the part I broke was only $5.99 another thing any tactical owners MAKE sure right after shooting to put the ar style stock back to the closed position just to avoid knocking the rifle over. when fully extended it seems to have a weak Point I guess to much leverage on the plastic mount or during travel if you use a soft case !. Mine was knocked off a plastic table onto grass and the Pic I posted is what took place!. Maybe all of like 2 ft tall table if that!.

Here is how my avenge-x .22 was shooting with the sumo
Here is how it was shooting without the sumo

I completely took apart the Sumo, cleaned and inspected it. It needed cleaning. Found a very minor clip on the exit ring and filed it. Major difference when reinstalled. Shooting way better. Shot today with and without the Sumo. Approx 3100psi start, reg at 2000 and Hammer 1.5 turns in. Velocity was around 890fps average. Best group with the Sumo was 8.23mm, worst was 35mm. With the Sumo removed, best group was 7mm, worst was 15mm. 45 shots each time. Looks like I need a new moderator. Here is the paper: Left side with the Sumo 199 to 207, Right side without, 208 to 212+ a few not numbered. Definitely better without the moderator. Now to choose a moderator.View attachment 422835
Do you have the vented shroud adapter between the barrel and the Sumo?

Avenger-Adapter-Edited-scaled.jpeg

Using the stock Avenge-X Shroud adapter which the Avenger does not have. I use the Donny Fl Adapter on my Avenger. Good Question. I bought a Hugget Snipe which I haven't tried yet. I'm worried that it is rated .177 - .22 cal, maybe pellet clipping again? I just dry fired both the Sumo and Snipe for a sound test, probably 30 rounds each. I can't tell the difference in sound level between the two. Both make a huge difference from no suppressor. Very Quiet Will try the Snipe today even though it's only about 15 deg out. Cold for Seattle.

I would like to say that I take a lot of videos with a grain of salt about the Avengers and Avenge-X. I have six Avengers and Avenge-x is truly an advanced improvement. I know that no two air guns are alike. The only problem with my Avenge-X is the O-rings on my regulator and a creeping issue. I have addressed Air Venturi about it and am waiting for the parts. My reg O-rings were like hard plastic and broke into two pieces upon removal. Overall Avenge-X is still a game changer and easier to work on. Enough said for now!
My orings on my reg failed and I degassed and unscrewed and the one on the tip was like hard plastic as well! It just snapped into pieces like hard plastic when I tried to remove. No wonder the reg quit working. Does anybody on the forums know the exact oring size for the regulator tip that goes into gun? I know their 90 durometer but would like to find some of these on Amazon on the cheap. Thanks for listening!

Thanks for the great video guide on the rifle, recently bought my first avenge x .22 so this helped plenty to get some background in the tuning/setup side of things. I am shooting 18.13 gr pellets at the moment. To get the gun below 900fps I dropped the reg to 1500psi and my hammer spring is completely backed out, average fps now is 880.

Not sure if it is because I am at 5751feet above sea level that I can go so low on the reg. Will still play to push speed up a little and still need to see total shot count with reg set @ 100bar. My bottle version is only 250bar not 300 but have yet to test total shot count at this setting

20240210_102419.jpg

Reactions: Swildman
Avenge X Classic 22. Have Avenger .22 also for 3 Years. Big upgrade on the X compared to the original until yesterday. Loved it until yesterday. Pretty much hole over hole. Maybe 1000 shots through it. Yesterday at 30 yards I started getting 2" flyers off target, 1 out of 5. Gun sat over night and I could hardly get on paper this morning. Athlon 6-24 Argos and Stinger Bench Rest. It's definitely not me. It is shooting all over the place. Cleaned the barrel and the Donny Sumo moderator. Better but still 2" groups. Tomorrow I will video the issue. I think this one is going back. My Avenger is lights out. Not the X now. Really disappointed it seems to gone to crap so new.
I had the exact issue with my tactical version. I replaced the OEM chassis with the Saber Tactical. I would sight it in, go hunting, and the next day the POI would change and was having the same 1 in 5 flyers. I took the barrel off, cleaned it and torqued the two screws that hold the barrel in place. Fixed the problem for a couple of days.
I ordered the Evolve 3D barrel band. I reset the barrel the installed the barrel band. It’s been 3 months and over 1000 shots and not one problem with POI shift . Plus The groups past 50 yards shrunk considerably. The Evolve 3D barrel band secures the barrel much more securely and keeps it from getting knocked around while beating the gun around in the woods.

Last edited: