Air Venturi Avenge X owners - is it worth upgrading from the original avenger?

Yes, it's fully AR Milspec tube compatible. Also comes with an adapter to fit a commercial tube as well. The grip is also AR compatible. Planning to get a nice walnut or laminate grip eventually.

The Chassis itself is all aluminum, extremely solid, full of M-Lok slots on both sides and the bottom. Also the entire bottom is Arca. Can't praise this chassis enough, absolutely LOVE it!!
One more thing for the wish list...

Thanks, the rifle at the bottom of the photo that uses a 500 cc carbon fiber air bottle is the only high-end one I have owned, is a European made Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 .22 caliber. But I sold it recently to buy the same one in the bigger .30 caliber since all the others are in the smaller .22 and .25 caliber. In my opinion, this is one of the few high-end airguns that can be said that meet all the requirements that a rifle of this category should have. It’s super accurate, it offers a very high shot count per fill and the best quality it has is that it is extremely quiet as well. And for me this last quality is very important since I only use all my rifles from my backyard, and live in a semi-private neighborhood that is extremely quiet.

In most of my rifles I use the Arkens scopes with the rings of the same brand except in my first generation Avenger where I use a Hawke vantage 3x9x50, because I consider this scopes to be one of the best on the entire market even though they have a relatively modest price, especially if we compare them with others that offer the same qualities but cost two or three times more. The incredible clarity, brightness and definition of the images they offer is out of this world, which is why they are my favorite over any other brand. In fact, I already have a new one that is still in the box to installed on the next high-end rifle I plan to purchase.

View attachment 444618
I'll have to look into Arken a little more serious, I need to get something for the Avenge x.

Looks like a nice set up, how do you like the .30 cal in comparison to the smaller calibers? How many shots per fill?

I'll have to look into Arken a little more serious, I need to get something for the Avenge x.

Looks like a nice set up, how do you like the .30 cal in comparison to the smaller calibers? How many shots per fill?
I have not yet had the opportunity of being able to use a .30 caliber rifle, so I could not make a much more exhaustive comparison vs my others .22 and .25 cal airguns. But according to all the information I have collected, apparently this caliber offers some advantages over the smaller ones, because his ammunition, being heavier, the wind does not affect its trajectory as much as the lighter and smaller calibers. As for the number of shots offered per fill in this particular rifle, since they come with a 500cc capacity carbon fiber air bottle offers 60 shots per fill.

When the avenger came out it had the same crappy poppet valve like the liberty. After a few thousand rounds it would start leaking and there was no replacement. Air ventury has improved on the rifle that Nova made in that way but the plastic receiver is a total turn off for me. I bought a used impact MK2 and if I can just not mess with it it will last me the rest of my life. I don't believe the same can be said for the avenger. I can buy every last part for the impact. Try that with any of the chicom or Korean airguns.

When the avenger came out it had the same crappy poppet valve like the liberty. After a few thousand rounds it would start leaking and there was no replacement. Air ventury has improved on the rifle that Nova made in that way but the plastic receiver is a total turn off for me. I bought a used impact MK2 and if I can just not mess with it it will last me the rest of my life. I don't believe the same can be said for the avenger. I can buy every last part for the impact. Try that with any of the chicom or Korean airguns.
The biggest complaint that users have of this high-end FX rifles is that unfortunately they require a lot of constant maintenance in order to function well. In fact, these days I was talking to the gunsmith who repair all the FX airguns that are sold locally here on our island during their warranty period and outside of it who also tunes and modify them, and he told me that he had gone hunting with a friend of his who had bought an FX Pantera .30 caliber completely new. However the very first day it was used it suddenly leaked air and he had to change all the orings to fixed, and told me that there were two of them that gave him a lot of headaches due to how this particular rifle was designed.

IMG_9221.jpeg

IMG_9220.jpeg

Reactions: tred2199
Like I said I had an avenger in .22 cal and put over 12,000 pellets through it. no leaks. no issues. Do you have real world examples for leaks or are you just throwing numbers out?

I honestly have a hard time when someone says that an air rifle will last the rest of their life. I mean you can make anything last forever with enough money. But that's the point. Besides the exponentially higher initial cost, the maintenance and parts long term for an fx rifle is going to be far and above what I'm willing to pay. I'm not offended if it doesn't last me a lifetime, I can buy 6 avengers or 4 avenge X's for the price of an impact. By the time it does completely die, I can get a new one when there are advancements to airguns. Airguns are improving by leaps and bounds. By that time I'll have gotten my moneys worth in shots. Sure you'll have your impact, but there will be something that comes along that can out perform it for a fraction of the cost. If you have money to burn, more power to you. I'm on a budget myself unfortunately and have to be careful with money. Am I super excited it came from China? no, but most things are these days. Unfortunately that even includes a large number of American flags. I'd be interested to know if any of the higher end rifles have any parts from china.

How many pellets have you had through your impact? Have you had any issues?

Reactions: Ray_PR
I have not yet had the opportunity of being able to use a .30 caliber rifle, so I could not make a much more exhaustive comparison vs my others .22 and .25 cal airguns. But according to all the information I have collected, apparently this caliber offers some advantages over the smaller ones, because his ammunition, being heavier, the wind does not affect its trajectory as much as the lighter and smaller calibers. As for the number of shots offered per fill in this particular rifle, since they come with a 500cc capacity carbon fiber air bottle offers 60 shots per fill.
If you don't mind me asking, are your scopes a 50mm objective on your avenge X's? I found a scope here locally I might get, but I'm trying to decide on ring heights. I want it as low as possible (I usually like a high comb).

You wouldn't happen to know the height in inches for your rings on one of your Avenge Xs would you? If I had that, your objective, and tube sizes that would help a lot.

Like I said I had an avenger in .22 cal and put over 12,000 pellets through it. no leaks. no issues. Do you have real world examples for leaks or are you just throwing numbers out?

I honestly have a hard time when someone says that an air rifle will last the rest of their life. I mean you can make anything last forever with enough money. But that's the point. Besides the exponentially higher initial cost, the maintenance and parts long term for an fx rifle is going to be far and above what I'm willing to pay. I'm not offended if it doesn't last me a lifetime, I can buy 6 avengers or 4 avenge X's for the price of an impact. By the time it does completely die, I can get a new one when there are advancements to airguns. Airguns are improving by leaps and bounds. By that time I'll have gotten my moneys worth in shots. Sure you'll have your impact, but there will be something that comes along that can out perform it for a fraction of the cost. If you have money to burn, more power to you. I'm on a budget myself unfortunately and have to be careful with money. Am I super excited it came from China? no, but most things are these days. Unfortunately that even includes a large number of American flags. I'd be interested to know if any of the higher end rifles have any parts from china.

How many pellets have you had through your impact? Have you had any issues?
I'm talking about when they came out. AV got them to start offering replacement poppets and then got Nova to change it to delron material. When the avenger first came out you couldn't get any replacement parts at all.

If you don't mind me asking, are your scopes a 50mm objective on your avenge X's? I found a scope here locally I might get, but I'm trying to decide on ring heights. I want it as low as possible (I usually like a high comb).

You wouldn't happen to know the height in inches for your rings on one of your Avenge Xs would you? If I had that, your objective, and tube sizes that would help a lot.
All the scopes I use on my rifles use the 50mm lens. Now that said, if you decide to buy a scope that has a 34mm diameter tube like the one that comes with all the Arkens model SH-4 second gen first focal plane that are my favorites, then they will have to be installed with the high rings that are 1.45” tall. Because they offer enough space to be used with the high-capacity 16 shot magazines that the new Avenge-X come with. If you make the mistake of installing any of these scopes with the medium size rings, unfortunately, you will not be able to use the high-capacity magazines because there is not enough space (I learned this the hard way). However, if you decide to install a scope whose tube does not exceed 30mm in diameter like the one that all Hawke model vantage come with in this case, regardless of whether you install it with a medium-sized rings, there is enough space to use them with this high capacity oem magazines.

Another advice that I always offer to all the users of these rifles specifically the .22 caliber is to use them with a aftermarket magazines, since sometimes the pellets get stuck between the barrel and the oem magazines but this issue only exists in some of them not in all. However, I have also noticed that the accuracy of their shots improves a little more when they are used with these magazines, which are an improved version over the oem ones. I have tried both the Carms which are manufactured in Croatia as well as the Maples which are manufactured in Canada, and from my experience with both I can conclude that the Maples are superior in all aspects. I am sharing some photos where one of my Arken scopes appear next to the Hawke so you can compare the difference in size between both, which as you can see are practically the same but the Arken is a lot more heavier. Also some photos between the aftermarket Carm magazines and the Maples and another one that shows the difference in height between the low, medium and high Arkens scope rings, and one that show what happens when you tried to use one of this Arkens scopes with the 34mm tube with the medium size Arkens rings with the high capacity oem magazines (there is not enough space).

IMG_6741.jpeg

IMG_6742.jpeg

IMG_6736.jpeg

IMG_6738.jpeg

IMG_6739.jpeg

IMG_6737.jpeg

IMG_6734.jpeg

IMG_6736.jpeg

IMG_6732.jpeg

IMG_6744.jpeg

IMG_6730.jpeg

Last edited:
I am sharing in this thread this very interesting new review about the standard Avenge-X with the synthetic stock in .25 cal in the Utah Airguns shop indoor shooting range, out of the box without any kind of tunning done to the reg neither to the h/s. This proves once again how extremely accurate these rifles are despite having a relatively low budget friendly price…👍😊💪

Last edited:
Id only upgrade if i wanted the bottle for the increased shot count, and the ability to change out calibers
I also want to do the same with my rifles, but it will depend if Air Venturi decides to change the style of the extremely ugly bottle they use for this purpose….🤮

All the scopes I use on my rifles use the 50mm lens. Now that said, if you decide to buy a scope that has a 34mm diameter tube like the one that comes with all the Arkens model SH-4 second gen first focal plane that are my favorites, then they will have to be installed with the high rings that are 1.45” tall. Because they offer enough space to be used with the high-capacity 16 shot magazines that the new Avenge-X come with. If you make the mistake of installing any of these scopes with the medium size rings, unfortunately, you will not be able to use the high-capacity magazines because there is not enough space (I learned this the hard way). However, if you decide to install a scope whose tube does not exceed 30mm in diameter like the one that all Hawke model vantage come with in this case, regardless of whether you install it with a medium-sized rings, there is enough space to use them with this high capacity oem magazines.

Another advice that I always offer to all the users of these rifles specifically the .22 caliber is to use them with a aftermarket magazines, since sometimes the pellets get stuck between the barrel and the oem magazines but this issue only exists in some of them not in all. However, I have also noticed that the accuracy of their shots improves a little more when they are used with these magazines, which are an improved version over the oem ones. I have tried both the Carms which are manufactured in Croatia as well as the Maples which are manufactured in Canada, and from my experience with both I can conclude that the Maples are superior in all aspects. I am sharing some photos where one of my Arken scopes appear next to the Hawke so you can compare the difference in size between both, which as you can see are practically the same but the Arken is a lot more heavier. Also some photos between the aftermarket Carm magazines and the Maples and another one that shows the difference in height between the low, medium and high Arkens scope rings, and one that show what happens when you tried to use one of this Arkens scopes with the 34mm tube with the medium size Arkens rings with the high capacity oem magazines (there is not enough space).

View attachment 444899

View attachment 444900

View attachment 444901

View attachment 444902

View attachment 444903

View attachment 444906

View attachment 444907

View attachment 444908

View attachment 444909

View attachment 444910

View attachment 444911
sawww weeet!

Hello,
I as well am new to the site. I was on the verge of buying the Maverick but instead went with the Avenge-x Tactical .22 cal model. I can tell you that I don't regret that decision at all! My Avenge-x has impressed me to no ends. This thing is just stupid accurate and very easy to tune. This is my first PCP airgun so I dont really know all that much about them yet. I have done a lot of tinkering around with the gun,Tuning and a little modification ( My hammer spring is easy to get to from the rear of the gun now) and I have shot a lot of different pellets and several different slugs through the gun and if something happened to the gun I would not hesitate to order another one in a second. It will easily shoot one hole groups at 35, 50 and 65 yards (thats my yardage max in my yard) I seriously would put it up against anything that i have seen. I still need waaaaay more trigger time and I dont shoot every day. The gun seems to be very forgiving and super quiet. I have already received my .25 cal barrel but have not changed it out yet, I'm having too much fun shooting to take the time...lol. I would be happy to offer any information that I might have if you have any questions....
Just wondered how you made the hammerspring screw more easily adjustable on your tactical stock?

This are my four babies in one of the pics the first gen wood stock avenger is in front and in another in the middle of the pack. If some of you only used to shot your rifles in your backyard and live in a very quite, peaceful and private neighborhood like mine I strongly suggest to use the most efficient moderators available in the market to silence them as much as possible. Currently I am using a DonnyFL Sumo in my Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 .22 cal, another DonnyFL FX in my Avenge-X classic .22, a DonnyFL adapter with a Buck-Rail 3D printed moderator in my first gen avenger .22 cal and a Huggett snipe standard in my other Avenge-X classic .25 cal newest addition. If anyone is curious about which of this moderators silences them the most definitely it is the Huggett snipe standard by far…👍😉💪. Althought it may seems hard to believe my bigger.25 cal new Avenge-X is more quieter than my others two .22 avengers despite they are in a smaller caliber. The only one that is possibly a bit more quiter is my high end Kalibrgun cricket II tactical but I have all of them tuned to shot below 900 fps, because I have found the best accuracy between 850 and 890 fps in all the pellets I usually shoot with them. I don’t shoot with slugs because my maximum range is only about 60 yards, and at this distance the pellets are much more accurate and precise than the slugs. The pellets that all my airguns like the most including the cricket, are the JSB and the Air Arms Diabolo fields in both .22 and .25 cal.

View attachment 411551

View attachment 411552

View attachment 411553

View attachment 411554

View attachment 411555
Very nice collection of rifles brother! Looking good.

Reactions: Ray_PR
I have an Umerex Origin .25 , it's the Air Venturi Avenger without a reg. It's accurate but I don't care for all the plastic they use .

The Gamo Urban is made in the UK and all metal except for the moderator and stock. You never hear of issues . I would put it a step above in quality for the price range. Solid bsa barrel keeps its poa consistent.

Reactions: Dogowsky
Yes I have both of them avenger in wood stock the x is the tactical version and I like it a lot better it seems to be a bit more accurate the barrel likes well I say likes it will shoot slugs better than my averager but I still have not found a slug that is close to as accurate as the jsb exact jumbo monster both of my guns will put those in the same hole at 50 yards all day long