Air Venturi Avenge X owners - is it worth upgrading from the original avenger?

You can get new regulators for them from air Venturi. There’s a lot of aftermarket parts for them and they share parts with other rifles. I’m not overly worried about parts. And if there is something hugely wrong with it, it was likely abused. Even if what you say happens and down the road it breaks and i can’t find parts, i still have enough money to replace it four more times for the cost of the maverick. By then there will likely be a better option any ways. Plus if it gets dinged up or something else happens to it, it’s not nearly as big of a deal. I don’t want to be scared of using it all the time. To each his own, but that’s how i feel about it. If you’ve got cash to burn great. I know a guy that has nearly $10000 invested in an impact, scope, compressor, and bottles and for me the cost benefit isn’t worth it when you can buy a $350 avenger and $250 compressor and do 95% of what he can do. Sure there are more accessories and parts. But most cost as much as another rifle. Seems crazy to me, but i guess i must be poorer than most of the fx guys. I guess if you’re into competitive shooting then great. But for having fun plinking in the back yard and pesting, it seems pointless. For that kind of money i can get a nice powder burner and suppressor that’ll perform a heck of a lot better and still have my avenger 🤷🏻‍♂️. I just don’t get all the hype.
FX isn't for everyone... No big deal. I sold off all my FX rifles but one. I put too much time in machining stuff for it to sell it. ( It didn't need a thing done to it. The rifle shot just fine. Its a hobby so why not 😉)
I don't own a avenger or the X. A good friend has a avenger in 22 that I've shot a few rounds out of. I was definitely impressed for the money. I went with RTI...it's not for everyone either but hey I like em... I like em a lot!
The addiction is just now setting in... don't fight it...go with it...your gonna buy a avenger X you just haven't come to grips with it yet 🤣. Enjoy your hobby your way... It's all good

This are my four babies in one of the pics the first gen wood stock avenger is in front and in another in the middle of the pack. If some of you only used to shot your rifles in your backyard and live in a very quite, peaceful and private neighborhood like mine I strongly suggest to use the most efficient moderators available in the market to silence them as much as possible. Currently I am using a DonnyFL Sumo in my Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 .22 cal, another DonnyFL FX in my Avenge-X classic .22, a DonnyFL adapter with a Buck-Rail 3D printed moderator in my first gen avenger .22 cal and a Huggett snipe standard in my other Avenge-X classic .25 cal newest addition. If anyone is curious about which of this moderators silences them the most definitely it is the Huggett snipe standard by far…👍😉💪. Althought it may seems hard to believe my bigger.25 cal new Avenge-X is more quieter than my others two .22 avengers despite they are in a smaller caliber. The only one that is possibly as silent is my high end Kalibrgun cricket II tactical but I have all of them tuned to shot below 900 fps, because I have found the best accuracy between 850 and 890 fps in all the pellets I usually shoot with them. I don’t shoot with slugs because my maximum range is only about 60 yards, and at this distance the pellets are much more accurate and precise than the slugs. The pellets that all my airguns like the most including the cricket, are the JSB and the Air Arms Diabolo fields in both .22 and .25 cal.

View attachment 411551

View attachment 411552

View attachment 411553

View attachment 411554

View attachment 411555
TWO Avenge-Xs?……. I take it that you just didn’t want to barrel swap?

TWO Avenge-Xs?……. I take it that you just didn’t want to barrel swap?
This new Avenge-X airguns are so affordable that I decided to buy two instead of waiting for the interchangeables barrels to be available. I paid almost four times more for my other high end made in Europe Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 what a single Avenge-X classic cost, so It was a no brainer for me to buy two of them. Btw today I purchased another Huggett snipe moderator for my Avenge-X in .22 cal because its much more efficient than all the others I already have in my others airguns 😉.

Last edited:
You are right this new Avenge-X airguns are so affordable that I decided to buy two instead of waiting for the interchangeables barrels to be available. I paid almost four times more for my other high end made in Europe Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 what a single Avenge-X classic cost, so It was a no brainer for me to buy two of them. Btw today I purchased another Huggett snipe moderator for my Avenge-X in .22 cal because its much more efficient than all the others I already have in my others airguns 😉.
Is there a particular model of Hugget you bought or do they only make one? Also curios where you ordered it from?

Is there a particular model of Hugget you bought or do they only make one? Also curios where you ordered it from?
I purchased them from this website they are the Huggett snipe standard model, and comes in two different sizes .177/.22 and .25 cal. Also search this thread there is a lot of good info there about the best moderators for our Avengers airguns 😉. https://www.airgunnation.com/posts/1612392/

IMG_6290.png

IMG_6289.png

Out of the 6 PCPs I own and shoot often(daily), the Avenger, that shoots 18.1 JTSs @ 883fps does not need a moderator.
Perception is a curious thing.
How well the Avengers are tuned plays a larger part than you’d think regarding noise…..and caliber
All depends in what area you’re shooting yours, I only shot all my airguns in my backyard and live in a extremely quiet private neighborhood. The houses of my closest neighbors are only between 125 and 150 feets from mine, this is the main reason why I need my guns to remain as quiet as possible.

Reactions: tred2199
the Avenger, that shoots 18.1 JTSs @ 883fps does not need a moderator.
In fact all my airguns are tuned to shot at no more than 900 fps to silence them as much as possible, also as a bonus with this tune I achieve their maximum accuracy and precision. I don’t shot with slugs therefore I don’t have the need to increase their speed more than that, this way I can increase their efficiency, shot count per fill and my guns become more quieter too. Look how close my neighbors houses are from mine, behind that target and those bushes that you can see in the background one of the pics there is another house.

IMG_6295.png

IMG_6296.png

IMG_6299.jpeg

IMG_6298.jpeg

IMG_6297.png

Last edited:
FX isn't for everyone... No big deal. I sold off all my FX rifles but one. I put too much time in machining stuff for it to sell it. ( It didn't need a thing done to it. The rifle shot just fine. Its a hobby so why not 😉)
I don't own a avenger or the X. A good friend has a avenger in 22 that I've shot a few rounds out of. I was definitely impressed for the money. I went with RTI...it's not for everyone either but hey I like em... I like em a lot!
The addiction is just now setting in... don't fight it...go with it...your gonna buy a avenger X you just haven't come to grips with it yet 🤣. Enjoy your hobby your way... It's all good
You’re completely right. I’m going to buy one and i can’t stop myself…

The only thing I might argue with you is that I like a LOT more power in my scopes, even at close distances. Even at 20 yards, I like using my Athlon Argos Gen1 8-34 at the highest magnification whenever possible.

Yes, I know I am the oddball, but it works for me.

Looking for another FFP scope that is at least as powerful for the DAR Gen2 .177, but not too expensive. I don't click for range, just holdover as long as the scope is capable of attaining and maintaining zero. (smile)

All my best!

Kerry

Damn... nearly 2am here and I thought I would be dead to the world by now... (sigh)
This youtube video explains in detail the reason why I choose the 4-16x50 scopes over the 4-24x50 for my airguns 😉

Really,parts on such popular pcp’s are that scarce?What are we talking about here o-rings and screws or something more substantial?
I have found on Pyramid Air that there are schematics for both the Avenger and the Avenge X. I didn't order anything off the schematics but used the schematics to identify parts that may be needed just in case something breaks. I have both the Avenger and the Avenge X. So far so good. The X looks and feels way more substantial and better quality than the Avenger. Time will tell. If I need parts for either rifle, Pyramid is my 1st stop. We will then see how hard it is to get replacement parts. Personally, I really take care of my Avengers. I clean them often and I use rifle cases to house them so they don't get banged around. I also have a small indoor range so they rarely go out of the house. I'm not trying to side with anybody either way. I'm just stating what I do know and what I plan on doing in the event that either of my Avengers break. I'm thinking that the only things I will ever need will be small stuff like O-Rings and maybe some hardware. I don't intend to shoot 10's of thousands of rounds thru these 2 Avengers so they should last quite a while.
I am siding with both opinions concerning a cheaper alternative versus spending a ton of $ for a good quality PCP cause I also own a Brocock Sniper which is around the $2,000.00 range and more once you add in a moderator, scope, ect...And just like someone mentioned for FX, Brocock has replacement parts readily available on their web site. The quality difference between my Brocock and my 2 Avengers are like this: Made in ENGLAND versus Made in CHINA. Enough said about that.

I have found on Pyramid Air that there are schematics for both the Avenger and the Avenge X. I didn't order anything off the schematics but used the schematics to identify parts that may be needed just in case something breaks. I have both the Avenger and the Avenge X. So far so good. The X looks and feels way more substantial and better quality than the Avenger. Time will tell. If I need parts for either rifle, Pyramid is my 1st stop. We will then see how hard it is to get replacement parts. Personally, I really take care of my Avengers. I clean them often and I use rifle cases to house them so they don't get banged around. I also have a small indoor range so they rarely go out of the house. I'm not trying to side with anybody either way. I'm just stating what I do know and what I plan on doing in the event that either of my Avengers break. I'm thinking that the only things I will ever need will be small stuff like O-Rings and maybe some hardware. I don't intend to shoot 10's of thousands of rounds thru these 2 Avengers so they should last quite a while.
I am siding with both opinions concerning a cheaper alternative versus spending a ton of $ for a good quality PCP cause I also own a Brocock Sniper which is around the $2,000.00 range and more once you add in a moderator, scope, ect...And just like someone mentioned for FX, Brocock has replacement parts readily available on their web site. The quality difference between my Brocock and my 2 Avengers are like this: Made in ENGLAND versus Made in CHINA. Enough said about that.
I'm glad to hear that the quality seems to be better. The original avenger was awesome for the price.

I'm not opposed to higher end air rifles. I am personally on a budget and the performance for price just isn't there in my opinion. I got rid of my FX maverick, I personally don't think the price/performance was worth it over the avenger for myself. I think there are people it's a good fit for, but for me I couldn't stop thinking about how good my avenger was for an insanely large difference in price. My avenger did almost everything my maverick would do. The maverick had a couple of features I liked, but it just wasn't worth it for me.

I get what you're saying about made in England vs china. And I am normally in the same boat with nearly everything. There are many things I wont buy from china. But in this case the quality is clearly there on the avenger. It isn't your typical product from china.

I put over 12,000 pellets through my avenger before I sold it. The only issues I ran into were purely operator. I wont argue that the higher end rifles aren't better, but the difference isn't enough for me to want to spend 5x the price for something that does the same job.

The only instance it might be worth it is if you are shooting competitively. But for my application and for the majority of people, I just don't see it being worth it. Especially when I have firearms that are insanely cheaper and perform in a different league from high end air rifles. It is comparing apples to oranges a bit, but if they perform a similar job it's kind of hard not to. They are entertaining to watch on YouTube, but for someone on a budget; I think it's not very responsible to spend over 2K on an air rifle when you can spend $350 for one that does close to 95% of the same job.

I don't mean to judge others that do, but for me in my situation, it seems irresponsible.

I get for some people high end air rifles is almost like a collector's hobby. I wish I had that much disposable income. But for quiet plinking in the back yard and pesting, I don't think the avenger/avenge-x can be beat for the price/performance level. I've owned the umarex origin, gauntlet 2, the fx maverick sniper, and a few break barrels. Of those the avenger and the maverick were miles ahead of the others, but the gap between the maverick and the avenger were marginal in terms of performance. Actually with budget pellets, the avenger performed better than my maverick. I realize each gun has pellets it likes and doesn't like. But for me it was a huge deal. I can buy .22 cal crosman hp locally for less than $7 a tin of 500. The avenger loved them. I could shoot 1" and under groups consistently at 75 yards with cheap pellets in good conditions. Sure I could buy fx pellets for the maverick and achieve similar results, but if I can shoot a gun that is a fraction of the price and pellets at a fraction of the price, I honestly don't want the FX. For me I can shoot all day and not have to worry about cost. Right now on airgun depot a can of jsb 18.13 gr is $21.99 for 500ct plus shipping. That's not a mall difference. I realize everyone else has different circumstances, but in my situation it's a no brainer. I don't care if it is made in china, if it performs it performs. And the quality is there. The only potential issue I see is in 10 years from now, getting parts. But I'm betting with most airguns on the market you'd have a similar issue. Even if that is not the case it doesn't bother me. If my avenge-x lasts 10 years and I need a new one, I'm fine with that.

I'm glad to hear that the quality seems to be better. The original avenger was awesome for the price.

I'm not opposed to higher end air rifles. I am personally on a budget and the performance for price just isn't there in my opinion. I got rid of my FX maverick, I personally don't think the price/performance was worth it over the avenger for myself. I think there are people it's a good fit for, but for me I couldn't stop thinking about how good my avenger was for an insanely large difference in price. My avenger did almost everything my maverick would do. The maverick had a couple of features I liked, but it just wasn't worth it for me.

I get what you're saying about made in England vs china. And I am normally in the same boat with nearly everything. There are many things I wont buy from china. But in this case the quality is clearly there on the avenger. It isn't your typical product from china.

I put over 12,000 pellets through my avenger before I sold it. The only issues I ran into were purely operator. I wont argue that the higher end rifles aren't better, but the difference isn't enough for me to want to spend 5x the price for something that does the same job.

The only instance it might be worth it is if you are shooting competitively. But for my application and for the majority of people, I just don't see it being worth it. Especially when I have firearms that are insanely cheaper and perform in a different league from high end air rifles. It is comparing apples to oranges a bit, but if they perform a similar job it's kind of hard not to. They are entertaining to watch on YouTube, but for someone on a budget; I think it's not very responsible to spend over 2K on an air rifle when you can spend $350 for one that does close to 95% of the same job.

I don't mean to judge others that do, but for me in my situation, it seems irresponsible.

I get for some people high end air rifles is almost like a collector's hobby. I wish I had that much disposable income. But for quiet plinking in the back yard and pesting, I don't think the avenger/avenge-x can be beat for the price/performance level. I've owned the umarex origin, gauntlet 2, the fx maverick sniper, and a few break barrels. Of those the avenger and the maverick were miles ahead of the others, but the gap between the maverick and the avenger were marginal in terms of performance. Actually with budget pellets, the avenger performed better than my maverick. I realize each gun has pellets it likes and doesn't like. But for me it was a huge deal. I can buy .22 cal crosman hp locally for less than $7 a tin of 500. The avenger loved them. I could shoot 1" and under groups consistently at 75 yards with cheap pellets in good conditions. Sure I could buy fx pellets for the maverick and achieve similar results, but if I can shoot a gun that is a fraction of the price and pellets at a fraction of the price, I honestly don't want the FX. For me I can shoot all day and not have to worry about cost. Right now on airgun depot a can of jsb 18.13 gr is $21.99 for 500ct plus shipping. That's not a mall difference. I realize everyone else has different circumstances, but in my situation it's a no brainer. I don't care if it is made in china, if it performs it performs. And the quality is there. The only potential issue I see is in 10 years from now, getting parts. But I'm betting with most airguns on the market you'd have a similar issue. Even if that is not the case it doesn't bother me. If my avenge-x lasts 10 years and I need a new one, I'm fine with that.
You have my respects, it is impossible to have explained it better…👏👏👏. For this same reason is why I own four of this budget friendly airguns, one first gen Avenger wood stock and three second gen Avenge-X two .22 and two .25 cal despite that my budget is unlimited.

IMG_8870.jpeg

IMG_7767.jpeg

Last edited:
You have my respects, it is impossible to have explained it better…👏👏👏. For this same reason is why I own four of this budget friendly airguns, one first gen Avenger wood stock and three second gen Avenge-X two .22 and two .25 cal despite that my budget is unlimited.

View attachment 444350

View attachment 444351
I'm jealous, that's a good looking set of rifles.

What's the one with the bottle in the back?

How do you like Arken? I've never used one, but I've been tempted a few times to get one.

I personally have never owned an Avenger, but have heard mostly positive feedback on it. That being said I absolutely love my Avenge X .22. And now that I have the Saber Tactical chassis installed, it's by far my favorite air gun in my collection.

View attachment 444366
That's a good looking rifle. That's the first time I've seen one installed on an avenge x and I like it.

Is the buffer tube the same as a standard AR? I'd be interested in having one with a folding stock adapter.

That's a good looking rifle. That's the first time I've seen one installed on an avenge x and I like it.

Is the buffer tube the same as a standard AR? I'd be interested in having one with a folding stock adapter.
Yes, it's fully AR Milspec tube compatible. Also comes with an adapter to fit a commercial tube as well. The grip is also AR compatible. Planning to get a nice walnut or laminate grip eventually.

The Chassis itself is all aluminum, extremely solid, full of M-Lok slots on both sides and the bottom. Also the entire bottom is Arca. Can't praise this chassis enough, absolutely LOVE it!!

I'm jealous, that's a good looking set of rifles.

What's the one with the bottle in the back?

How do you like Arken? I've never used one, but I've been tempted a few times to get one.
Thanks, the rifle at the bottom of the photo that uses a 500 cc carbon fiber air bottle is the only high-end one I have owned, is a European made Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 .22 caliber. But I sold it recently to buy the same one in the bigger .30 caliber since all the others are in the smaller .22 and .25 caliber. In my opinion, this is one of the few high-end airguns that can be said that meet all the requirements that a rifle of this category should have. It’s super accurate, it offers a very high shot count per fill and the best quality it has is that it is extremely quiet as well. And for me this last quality is very important since I only use all my rifles from my backyard, and live in a semi-private neighborhood that is extremely quiet.

In most of my rifles I use the Arkens scopes with the rings of the same brand except in my first generation Avenger where I use a Hawke vantage 3x9x50, because I consider this scopes to be one of the best on the entire market even though they have a relatively modest price, especially if we compare them with others that offer the same qualities but cost two or three times more. The incredible clarity, brightness and definition of the images they offer is out of this world, which is why they are my favorite over any other brand. In fact, I already have a new one that is still in the box to installed on the next high-end rifle I plan to purchase.

IMG_6682.jpeg

Last edited: