Air Venturi Avenge-X leaks from day one even replacement leaks. Air Venturi refused to fix

Dont mind giving guns attention after warranty's are out until then that's what warranty's are for. While I dont mind working on some guns part of the reason I buy new is for the 2-5 warranty manufactures say they will honor.
The leak was in the foster fitting and I'm waiting until Monday to hear what will be done to fix it. I'm confident I won't have any problem

We all have to make our own choices but I've pretty much decided not to send guns back, at least when I am pretty sure I can fix them. I got an Avenger early (only paid $300) and it leaked from day 1. I paid $40 to ship it to Air Venturi and they returned it fixed 5 weeks later. So I was out the $40 and lost the gun for 5 weeks. I don't know what they did but I doubt it was anything I could not have done. I bought it from Midway (normal sources were out).

Part of my logic is that I will need to go into them sooner or later to replace an O-ring or something so it's best just to get used to taking them apart.

I'm sorry you got two "bad ones". My Avenger has been fine since the initial fix. My 3 SPA P-35s did not have an initial leaking problem but 2 of the 3 have needed an O-ring or two subsequently. They seem to be lower in quality than the replacements from Mr. O-ring. I plan to do a little review but my slightly more than 1 week old Caiman (not chinese) is noticably better made than my chinese guns but it's needed some attention too. It didn't leak and would shoot straight out of the box but I don't know how anybody could have wanted to leave it the way I got it. Having to tinker a little seems to be common in airguns. Fortunately it is kind of fun.
I hear you loud and clear. I don't want to take her I want to shoot my guns and if I have to tinker with it it means it's taking time away from shooting and I'm not gonna do that. I did offer to open her up and have a look wherever they told me to look but they declined. I offered to buy a new block they said they don't sell it. Turns out that wouldn't have solve the problem. I never thought of the air tube though. I should've bought an extra one of those. Maybe I'll order one tonight anyway just to have it. The less I have to depend on other people, the better. I offered to buy an entire gun without the stock and they declined that. And as I said in previous post Air Venturi actually told me ("Stacey) to "get someone else to fix it".

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveV
I should hear from Air Venturi today as to what if anything they're going to do. A member of Pyramyd's senior management offered his assistance however I told him that this is a Air Venturi issue and while I know that Pyramyd will even exchange the gun for me, this is an Air Venturi issue and I don't want Pyramyd to have to take on this burden that belongs to Air Venturi.

Well with pics that clearly that it's leaking from foster fitting they can't deny that it doesn't leak
Here's the exact quote from Air Venturi when I told him I wanted this handled properly:

Hello Sandy,
The fact is, that the gun had not leaked at all when it was here and there was no repair necessary.
We can not be sure what it has been through at this point. You will need to find someone else to help you with that gun.
Thanks,
Stacey

-----------------
Hard to believe, correct?!? "What it has been through at this point..." ?! "find someone else to help you (me) with this gun" Unbelievable !

Sandy (He Him)

This *** should have been the process to follow. Always return to the retailer you purchased from, NOT the manufacturer. The route you took, allowed PA to step back out of the loop.
Just my 2¢
I appreciate the fact that you took the time in trouble to respond, but I have a super relationship with the Senior management and regular staff at Pyramyd air and they have offered to step in and replace the gun quickly, but I told him they shouldn’t be on their shoulders. It should be on Air Venturi shoulders and the senior management that I spoke to at PA is also the top gun at Air Venturi. I’m sure I’ll have no problems, but I’ll know better by tomorrow.

Last edited:
Surely you have a consumers protection law that can step in.
Here in SA it is a government function and cost you nothing from them to step in.
I appreciate the effort you made to help me, but that kind of Resort is not appropriate in this case and as much as I’ve had an excellent relationship with Pyramyd over the years and Air Venturi up to this matter so I’m sure it’ll be resolved to my complete satisfaction by tomorrow. I’m sure Pyramyd would do everything possible, including replacing the gun immediately if I had requested that, but this should not be on their shoulders. This is a warranty issue and sure certainly should be in the hands of Air Venturi. I’ll step up and do what’s right, but I’ll know by tomorrow.

With all the time you've spent posting about this & the emotional energy being pissed off you could have fixed it yourself & be having fun shooting. I truly understand it's a matter of principle but if you're sure it's the foster just grab a wrench & cinch it down. I don't remember reading if you said it's leaking THROUGH the foster or AROUND it (threads). Either of those is a really easy fix so why not get on with it? The WORST that could happen is you learn something & hopefully fix the leak. It's not like having to tear into the internals. You can buy a 1/8" male foster w/check valve for around $10 if you want to replace it or have a spare.

With all the time you've spent posting about this & the emotional energy being pissed off you could have fixed it yourself & be having fun shooting. I truly understand it's a matter of principle but if you're sure it's the foster just grab a wrench & cinch it down. I don't remember reading if you said it's leaking THROUGH the foster or AROUND it (threads). Either of those is a really easy fix so why not get on with it? The WORST that could happen is you learn something & hopefully fix the leak. It's not like having to tear into the internals. You can buy a 1/8" male foster w/check valve for around $10 if you want to replace it or have a spare.
Hey thank you for your lesson. Of course I tightened the foster fitting which did not solve the problem. It's simple the PCP is under warranty and it's Air Venturi's job to repair it or replace it. I told him if it's a matter of a new foster fitting or a new air tube did you send me the items and I'll fix it. Your response was "Find someone else to help you fix your gun". And I can't say that I am "pissed off" how disappointing I've been getting the runaround for months on this. Fortunately somebody on Facebook told me to put the balloon over the air tube which for some reason I never thought of doing that and when I did I found the leak. Air Venturi was no help for several months on this. And it wasn't "a matter of principle". I was simply trying to find the leak and get the parts. Thank you for your help

Update:

So now, for about four months, I've been going around and around trying to get my leak on my Avenge-X that leaked from day-one. discovered and resolved. My rAvenge-X leaked from day one. Pryamyd Air sent a replacement quickly, it leaked the day it arrived. To make a long story short I sent it back to Air Venturi as they suggested. It went there for repair. They sent it back to me a couple of weeks later. They never told me that they found no leak they just sent it back and of course when it arrived it leaked. Again, and I'm cutting to the chase, the leak progressed until it was from full to completely empty in less than an hour, more like a half an hour. They gave me the runaround while I asked them to help me find the leak and they just slow rolled it instead and gave me the runaround for months. Eventually, someone on a Facebook Group asked me if I had put a balloon over the endcap/foster fitting, and I admitted that I did not even think of that because I soaped down every other part. Couldn't find the leak. Low in behold the balloon quickly inflated and I sent the images of the air gauges and the inflated balloon to Pryamyd Air and Air Venturi. I asked him to send me the required parts to fix this, like a foster fitting and endcap. They told me to send the gun to them, the entire gun at my expense and they'd check to see if they could find a leak even though I had shown them more than a dozen times irrefutable proof. In the balloon test really made it easy to resolve. Air Venturi continued to insist that I send them the gun at my expense. I said "no you send me a complete replacement and leak tested tube, and send it right now. " They refused insisting that I send the leaking Avenge-X to them at my expense to see if they could find the leak. Do you believe that? Even more unbelievable, Stacie at Air Venturi sent me an email that said "find someone else to fix your gun".

This really pissed me off. I had more than four months without use of my gun and wasted a lot of my time because of the runaround they gave me. Of course, Pyramyd Air would've replaced it or sent me the parts immediately but I didn't want this on Pyramyd Air's shoulders because it belongs to Air Venturi to resolve. I'm still getting nothing but run around and bologna from Seth at Air Venturi. Here's irrefutable proof of the leak and the source of the leak. I'm at my wits end over this and really really aggravated if you can't tell. I don't need this tzuris! (who does?!?)

So be prepared if you have an Air Venturi product and based on my own experience and opinion, Air Venturi will try to prove that the problem is either a figment of your imagination or that you did something to cause a problem. Or they would not even respond at all. With me, aside from the runaround for four months, they usually respond to my emails aside from that four-month run around by Stacey. So just so you know what you're in for if you have a problem with your Air Venturi product, they're likely never to take ownership and you're likely to be on your own or told to "find somebody else to fix your gun".

IMG_2950.png
Just one example. Take a breath, verify thread type, order part, wait, install part, enjoy gun!
Accept defeat and enjoy victory…