Air Venturi AVENGE-X (Full Review) + Tuning Guide & List of Upgrades

Can't say for certain, originally thought it was typical beechwood you see on lower end guns, but looking into unfinished recesses, appears to have the texture of a compressed wood fiber/plastic composite of some sort.

The trigger guard being molded from it would seem to confirm that. For what it's worth, it appears to be a very tough composit, similar to laminates, not a cheap fiberboard like you often see used in furniture.

Either way, if it can't be pretty, would definately prefer it be tough. If they sell enough of these, am sure the aftermarket manufacturers will have nicer aftermarket drop in stocks available for them soon.
I thought the wood stocks were made from real wood. Please let us know if you find out for sure.

This are a couple videos we took a few days back shooting with one of my Avenge-X .25 cal airguns. To show everyone this airguns are also very backyard friendly as well, when they are used with a good very efficient moderator. Sorry for the Spanish language in one of the videos, I am bilingual.

What chronograph are you using that reads off your FPS?
Is it the same chrono that I've noticed in your others posts keeps track of the data on your cellphone?

What chronograph are you using that reads off your FPS?
Is it the same chrono that I've noticed in your others posts keeps track of the data on your cellphone?
That’s correct, I am using the FX pocket wireless chronograph with the FX radar app in all those videos.

IMG_9519.jpeg

IMG_9518.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: nastorino
That’s correct, I am using the FX pocket wireless chronograph with the FX radar app in all those videos 👍😊
Thanks Ray! I'm brand new to the PCP game and looking to grab the initial goodies when I order my Avenger X .25 cal shortly.

I'm already have the Huggett Snipe (Standard) Moderator in a cart, I happen to be familiar with the ARKEN SH4 and have a spare one and rings lying around. 4500psi handpump, .25 pellets, cleaning kit, in the cart as well. My only hesitation about pulling the trigger at the moment is is I go .25 cal then I cannot follow the thread "AVENGE-X (Full Review) + Tuning Guide & List of Upgrades" to the T since it was written with .22 cal in mind. I'm shooting at much shorter distances initially to keep the bird feeders clear of the aggressive birds and squirrels.

Thanks Ray! I'm brand new to the PCP game and looking to grab the initial goodies when I order my Avenger X .25 cal shortly.

I'm already have the Huggett Snipe (Standard) Moderator in a cart, I happen to be familiar with the ARKEN SH4 and have a spare one and rings lying around. 4500psi handpump, .25 pellets, cleaning kit, in the cart as well. My only hesitation about pulling the trigger at the moment is is I go .25 cal then I cannot follow the thread "AVENGE-X (Full Review) + Tuning Guide & List of Upgrades" to the T since it was written with .22 cal in mind. I'm shooting at much shorter distances initially to keep the bird feeders clear of the aggressive birds and squirrels.
I currently have four AVA two .22 and two .25 one first gen and three second gen Avenge-X both calibers are excellent, however I have noticed that my .25 rifles are a little more accurate than the .22. Now if the distance you plan to shoot them is quite short then probably you won't noticed much difference. All the pellets shown in this pic are the ones our Avenge-X .25 caliber like the most 😉

IMG_9520.jpeg

IMG_6286.png

IMG_9525.jpeg

Last edited:
I currently have four AVA two .22 and two .25 one first generation and three second generation Avenge-X both calibers are excellent, however I have noticed that my .25 rifles are a little more accurate than the .22. Now if the distance you plan to shoot them is quite short then probably you won't noticed much difference. All the pellets shown in this pic are the ones our Avenge-X .25 caliber like the most 👍😊💪

You certainly have a nice collection. I've been reading a few threads (including your posts) and absorbing as much as I can. I plan on stepping out to maybe 60yds for fun plinking but so far no feeders are out that way lol. Do you have any experience or advice for running lead free pellets? I only ask because we have a ton of hawks and foxes around here and anything I drop in place, I'd leave behind for them to devour. I'd rather not contribute to lead poisoning of them.

I noticed in one of your other posts you mentioned rebranded from one MFR to another was the JSB Match Diabolo Hades .25 Cal, 26.54gr shot well. Those weren't in you picture above. Worth snagging a pack to try as well or start with your population?

https://www.airgundepot.com/jsb-match-diabolo-hades-25-cal-2654gr-300-ct.html

Last question for now..... rotary mags in standard cap or high cap? any fitment issues with the SH4 or poor performance for one vs the other?

Leaning toward AGD to buy it from since I can add that 2yr warranty to the unit. Is there a better dealer to give the business to that offers better support?

Last edited:
Stubbers, really? You make a reply to me quoting my reply, running your mouth, yet you block me right after you post it? THATS amusing and shows your mentality which is sad.

I never once attacked you. However it was sadly clear with your comments that you were thumbing your nose at those that like to buy quality guns. Yes the price of the higher end guns is a bit steep, but there are many that see the value and worth in them. Don't look down at others that do so, just like they shouldnt look down at you for shooting low cost rifles.
Super cringe

You certainly have a nice collection. I've been reading a few threads (including your posts) and absorbing as much as I can. I plan on stepping out to maybe 60yds for fun plinking but so far no feeders are out that way lol. Do you have any experience or advice for running lead free pellets? I only ask because we have a ton of hawks and foxes around here and anything I drop in place, I'd leave behind for them to devour. I'd rather not contribute to lead poisoning of them.

I noticed in one of your other posts you mentioned rebranded from one MFR to another was the JSB Match Diabolo Hades .25 Cal, 26.54gr shot well. Those weren't in you picture above. Worth snagging a pack to try as well or start with your population?

https://www.airgundepot.com/jsb-match-diabolo-hades-25-cal-2654gr-300-ct.html

Last question for now..... rotary mags in standard cap or high cap? any fitment issues with the SH4 or poor performance for one vs the other?

Leaning toward AGD to buy it from since I can add that 2yr warranty to the unit. Is there a better dealer to give the business to that offers better support?
Thanks, If you have a range of 60 yards or more at your disposal at this distance is where the difference in accuracy between the larger and heavier .25 vs the smaller and lighter .22 cal ammunition is most palpable because the wind affects its trajectory lees. I have never used lead-free pellets since in the area where I do all my shooting the pellets are embedded in the dirt, therefore there is no risk that a bird or any other animal could be poisoned by not having access to them.

I don’t use the JSB Hades pellets in none of my .25 caliber rifles because the FX Atomics are exactly the same in size and shape, there is no difference between them. I use the high-capacity magazines in all my airguns including the .22 and .25 cal, because I find them much more practical and convenient than the standard capacity, and there is no difference in accuracy between both neither. If you plan to use your rifle with one of the Arken model SH-4 scopes since the diameter of its tube is 34mm, it is necessary that you install it with the high 1.45 rings otherwise the high capacity mags will not fit. I have bought all my rifles, accessories and ammunition from Baker Airguns because they have always provided me with excellent customer service, and have been sent all the items in record time.

IMG_6730.jpeg

IMG_9537.png

Last edited:
If you have a range of 60 meters or more at your disposal at this distance is where the difference in accuracy between the larger and heavier .25 vs the smaller and lighter .22 cal ammunition is most palpable because the wind affects its trajectory lees. I have never used lead-free pellets since in the area where I do all my shooting the pellets are embedded in the dirt, therefore there is no risk that a bird or any other animal could be poisoned by not having access to them.

I don’t use the JSB Hades pellets in none of my .25 caliber rifles because the FX Atomics are exactly the same in size and shape, there is no difference between them. I use the high-capacity magazines in all my airguns including the .22 and .25 cal, because I find them much more practical and convenient than the standard capacity, and there is no difference in accuracy between both neither. If you plan to use your rifle with one of the Arken model SH-4 scopes since the diameter of its tube is 34mm, it is necessary that you install it with the high 1.45 rings otherwise the high capacity mags will not fit. I have bought all my rifles, accessories and ammunition from Baker Airguns because they have always provided me with excellent customer service, and have been sent all the items in record time.

Thank you for all the advice and recommendations, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Ray_PR
If you have a range of 60 yards or more at your disposal at this distance is where the difference in accuracy between the larger and heavier .25 vs the smaller and lighter .22 cal ammunition is most palpable because the wind affects its trajectory lees. I have never used lead-free pellets since in the area where I do all my shooting the pellets are embedded in the dirt, therefore there is no risk that a bird or any other animal could be poisoned by not having access to them.

View attachment 452808

View attachment 452809
That Magazine!! Where to get and how much????

Sorry for my delayed response, I’m not searching this board daily like I did before. In the following thread I explained the reason why I am using this Maple aftermarket high capacity magazines in my two .22 cal rifles.

Thread; Today was a very happy day 👍
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/today-was-a-very-happy-day.1306286/

I bought this aftermarket magazines from this company, they are made in Canada. They are better than the other very popular aftermarket magazines Carm that are made in Croatia, I have tried both.

https://maplecustomproducts.com/pro...ger-avenger-x-umarex-origin-mega-cap-magazine

IMG_6802.jpeg

IMG_6800.jpeg

IMG_6803.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the OEM Avenge X 25 cal High capacity magazine and it does the job and its ok. But I tried the CARM magazine and like it so much better. Its made in Croatia I think, but its really nice. For the same price of the OEM I prefer the CARM and I am slowly replacing all of my mags with CARM. I started with just one to test to see if I like it. The rest is history. It took about 2 weeks to get from Europe but worth the wait.

Here's the link.