Air Venturi AVENGE-X (Full Review) + Tuning Guide & List of Upgrades

I know..sorry! PCP is an expensive hobby. And one of the reasons is because they come out with awesome new guns every week.
hahaha... only if you allow yourself to drink all of the Kool-aid and get drunk! My fishing sport is more expensive. My CC boat maintenance and repair as needed (BTW she is great shape) I have tons rods, reels, gear both freshwater and salt and the list goes on. Years of accumulation but fantastic gear (I am picky with my equipment) at my age (62 pushing 63) and finally wisdom,:)D) I now have been handing down much of it to my son and stepsons and grandkids, all fishermen. Too much to keep up with now, and I can't take it where I am going after!🙏😇

Reactions: Vana2
Compared to boats, RV's, motorcycles, centerfire-anything, even rimfire, this is comparitively a VERY inexpensive hobby. Anyone priced a case of Eley Tenex or Lapua Exact lately? $$$$$

That being said, this will be my first PCP airgun! Should be delivered this afternoon.

Forgive me if I pester you guys with a million Newby questions over the next few weeks. Looking forward to stepping up from CO2, multi-pump pneumatics, and springers.

New furnature for my inexpensive 20+ year old Russ Best tuned .22cal HW-85.
20231230_142904.jpg
20231230_142805.jpg
20231230_142551.jpg

Even if you can't shoot, at least you can look good trying!

Last edited:
Compared to boats, RV's, motorcycles, centerfire-anything, even rimfire, this is comparitively a VERY inexpensive hobby. Anyone priced a case of Eley Tenex or Lapua Exact lately? $$$$$

That being said, this will be my first PCP airgun! Should be delivered this afternoon.

Forgive me if I pester you guys with a million Newby questions over the next few weeks. Looking forward to stepping up from CO2, multi-pump pneumatics, and springers.

New furnature for my inexpensive 20+ year old Russ Best tuned .22cal HW-85.
View attachment 422378View attachment 422379View attachment 422382
Even if you can't shoot, at least you can look good trying!
Beautiful stock that. Did you make it yourself?

On .22LR. Lately I shoot CCI ammo only. I tried those expensive ammo but non of them shoot as good out of my rifle as CCI Standard Velocity. Compared to some air rifle slugs it is not much more expensive.

View attachment 398536

Hey guys. This video is a full review of the new Avenge-X in .22. In this video I test the accuracy, tune it for 18.1gr JSB, and show all the differences between the original Avenger and the new Avenge-X. This gun is an even better value than the Avenger was! This wood stock version is solid, smooth, and deadly accurate! Thanks for watching! -Nate

View attachment 398534
View attachment 398914

So you are one of the youtubers who expect that if he is making videos he is entitled to get free air rifles.

Beautiful stock that. Did you make it yourself?

On .22LR. Lately I shoot CCI ammo only. I tried those expensive ammo but non of them shoot as good out of my rifle as CCI Standard Velocity. Compared to some air rifle slugs it is not much more expensive.
No, actually bought it 15-20 years ago, some guy named Dave was making and selling them on the old yellow airgun forum, but I never used it because I didn't want to mess it up, knocking about in creekbeds hunting.

Stored it in an old gun case and forgot about it, untill I stumbled across it cleaning out the closet.

Last edited:
Yea, it's here!
20240105_134815.jpg

Had initial reservations when I saw what appeared to be molded foe-woodlike fiber stock material, especially the molded trigger guard, but decided to keep an open mind.

Grabbed some Burris Signature Z-rings and mounted an old Weaver V-24. Set up the compressor, filled it, took it to the range.
20240105_170109.jpg

Quickly zeroed the scope at 25yds, and Wow!!!

Ten shot 25yd groups that look like a single 9mm bullet hole, using some old Beeman Kodiaks.

Ran out of daylight before I could try anything else, but so farr..... I can definitely overlook the stock material if it continues shooting like this. 😊

Reactions: Ray_PR
Yea, it's here!
View attachment 422549
Had initial reservations when I saw what appeared to be molded foe-woodlike fiber stock material, especially the molded trigger guard, but decided to keep an open mind.

Grabbed some Burris Signature Z-rings and mounted an old Weaver V-24. Set up the compressor, filled it, took it to the range.
View attachment 422550
Quickly zeroed the scope at 25yds, and Wow!!!

Ten shot 25yd groups that look like a single 9mm bullet hole, using some old Beeman Kodiaks.

Ran out of daylight before I could try anything else, but so farr..... I can definitely overlook the stock material if it continues shooting like this. 😊
Welcome to the dark side “were some cheap Chinese pcp” as one member of this forum refers to them perform as well as some of the more expensive high end airguns, that’s why I currently own four of them one first gen Avenger wood stock and three new Avenge-X and sold my high end Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 WTC .22 cal. In fact a few of the new Red Panda “Chinese” prototype airguns that are stll in the development and refinement process beat all the others high end airguns in one of this last year EBR national competition.

IMG_8269.jpeg

IMG_6450.png

IMG_6390.png

Can't say for certain, originally thought it was typical beechwood you see on lower end guns, but looking into unfinished recesses, appears to have the texture of a compressed wood fiber/plastic composite of some sort.

The trigger guard being molded from it would seem to confirm that. For what it's worth, it appears to be a very tough composit, similar to laminates, not a cheap fiberboard like you often see used in furniture.

Either way, if it can't be pretty, would definately prefer it be tough. If they sell enough of these, am sure the aftermarket manufacturers will have nicer aftermarket drop in stocks available for them soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: nastorino
Welcome to the dark side “were some cheap Chinese pcp” as one member of this forum refers to them perform as well as some of the more expensive high end airguns, that’s why I currently own four of them one first gen Avenger wood stock and three new Avenge-X and sold my high end Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 WTC .22 cal. In fact a few of the new Red Panda “Chinese” prototype airguns that are stll in the development and refinement process beat all the others high end airguns in one of this last year EBR national competition.

View attachment 422580

View attachment 422581

View attachment 422582
Miami, probably the Redlands (near me). Do you only shoot in your backyard?

Miami, probably the Redlands (near me). Do you only shoot in your backyard?
I live in the carribean the island of PR but my mom and my sister both lives in Florida, one in Weston and the other in Broward County. Currently I only shot my airguns in my backyard after having an high speed accident durring a road cycling race when I was the national champion in my master class category were I suffered a catastrophic back injury that caused me some physical limitations. I do all my targets shooting between 30 and 50 yards but sometimes hunt a few iguanas as well, because we have hundreds of them everywhere here exactly the same as Florida 👍😊.

IMG_4804.jpeg

IMG_4322.jpeg

IMG_8721.jpeg

IMG_8572.jpeg

IMG_8712.png

IMG_8558.png

IMG_8602.jpeg

IMG_8464.png

Last edited:
This are a couple videos we took a few days back shooting with one of my Avenge-X .25 cal airguns. To show everyone this airguns are also very backyard friendly as well, when they are used with a good very efficient moderator. Sorry for the Spanish language in one of the videos, I am bilingual.

Last edited:
I live in the carribean the island of PR but my mom and my sister both lives in Florida, one in Weston and the other in Broward County. Currently I only shot my airguns in my backyard after having an high speed accident durring a road cycling race when I was the national champion in my master class category were I suffered a catastrophic back injury that caused me some physical limitations. I do all my targets shooting between 30 and 50 yards but sometimes hunt a few iguanas as well, because we have hundreds of them everywhere here exactly the same as Florida 👍😊.

View attachment 428408

View attachment 428409

View attachment 428411

View attachment 428412

View attachment 428413

View attachment 428414

View attachment 428415

View attachment 428416
Those iguanas are typically found along the coast of the island not so much towards the mountainous regions of the island but seldom you can come across anywhere anytime in PR. Where I have seen them heavily is from around Rio Grande, Luquillo, Fajardo and past Humacao. They are the islands version of squirrels! jajajaja

Those iguanas are typically found along the coast of the island not so much towards the mountainous regions of the island but seldom you can come across anywhere anytime in PR. Where I have seen them heavily is from around Rio Grande, Luquillo, Fajardo and past Humacao. They are the islands version of squirrels! jajajaj
The iguanas are everywhere here, I live in the west coast very near the town of Rincon the tourist paradise. All those towns that you mentioned are located in the east coast…👍😊

IMG_8733.jpeg

IMG_8734.jpeg

IMG_8730.jpeg

IMG_8731.jpeg

IMG_8732.jpeg

Last edited:
This are a couple videos we took a few days back shooting with one of my Avenge-X .25 cal airguns. To show everyone this airguns are also very backyard friendly as well, when they are used with a good and efficient moderator. Sorry for the Spanish language in one of the videos, I am bilingual.

Se jodio!! jajaja

• Haha