Air Venturi Avenge X failure to fire

I spent a couple of hours yesterday sighting n my new Avenge X. I put around 100 rounds through it, then brought it in the house to clean it. I filled the cylinder to about 3500 psi and it sat overnight. This morning I went to shoot it again and on my first shot the only sound it made was that of the hammer spring. The gun didn't fire and the pellet stayed in the bore. The gun hadn't lost any air pressure, so I cocked it again and it fired normally. I sent a few more rounds through it and it's back to working normally.
I'm betting this can't be normal. Any idea what happened? Hammer spring is at 3 turns and the regulated pressure is 2000 psi. There was a bit of regulator creep, but nothing more than I hear about from other folks with this gun.

Joe

Reactions: Tommy Daddio
I spent a couple of hours yesterday sighting n my new Avenge X. I put around 100 rounds through it, then brought it in the house to clean it. I filled the cylinder to about 3500 psi and it sat overnight. This morning I went to shoot it again and on my first shot the only sound it made was that of the hammer spring. The gun didn't fire and the pellet stayed in the bore. The gun hadn't lost any air pressure, so I cocked it again and it fired normally. I sent a few more rounds through it and it's back to working normally.
I'm betting this can't be normal. Any idea what happened? Hammer spring is at 3 turns and the regulated pressure is 2000 psi. There was a bit of regulator creep, but nothing more than I hear about from other folks with this gun

I had 2 of them back to back …the tactical version and both times opened up the box, took the rifle out of the plastic and butt stocks, broke in the exact same space in my hands. I’ve never gotten the shoot one I gave up, sent them both back.

IMG_2817.jpeg

IMG_2816.jpeg

IMG_2818.jpeg

IMG_2815.jpeg

IMG_2814.jpeg

And I was looking forward to having them in my collection…but gotten such a bad taste in my mouth. I sent them both back and took a step back and see what happens.
There’s a review with one missing part of the rifling in the barrel… I almost bought one but stepped up and took a Maverick home instead.

JB Weld and duct tape, be like new. Seriously, I'd say if there were two like that, they over tightened that screw that holds on the stock. JMHO. Scratch that one off my non-existent list to buy.

Thats clearly shipping damage. Not the gun or retailers fault. Love my .25 and looking for another actually. Put a few thousand rounds thru it since last fall. Amazing gun. Sorry you had that issue but its fedex/ups.

I had 2 of them back to back …the tactical version and both times opened up the box, took the rifle out of the plastic and butt stocks, broke in the exact same space in my hands. I’ve never gotten the shoot one I gave up, sent them both back.

View attachment 423042

View attachment 423043

View attachment 423044

View attachment 423045

View attachment 423046
That's really bad luck to get 2 broken ones in the same place. I thought these things only happened to me!

And I was looking forward to having them in my collection…but gotten such a bad taste in my mouth. I sent them both back and took a step back and see what happens.
I wouldnt hold that against the manufacturer!
I doubt they left the factory like that!
If youve ever watched video of what really goes on, behind the scenes, of major shipping compaines, it would make you cringe!

Having worked for a major trucking / shipping outfit for years long ago , I'd definitely call that shipping damage & no fault of the gun or design. With todays issues of trying to find personal at all ,yet alone good help that cares about their job , this is more common now than ever before. Damage like that was probably the same pallet of guns that took a hit somehow and several got the same injury . My Wife & I just saw the completion of a room refit above the garage . Of the four 1/2 doors needed to close of storage on each side , all had damage twice before we got them installed . The rep said " It's just normal anymore " !

Reactions: JoeRJr