• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenge x bullpup

So dived into the pcp world , got myself the new avenge x bull pup with bottle. These are the South African version, put a dach silencer on. Now need to sit and tune. This forum has plenty info, will be shooting 18.13 grn pellets at first. Need to chrony. etc..
1000040611.jpg

So dived into the pcp world , got myself the new avenge x bull pup with bottle. These are the South African version, put a dach silencer on. Now need to sit and tune. This forum has plenty info, will be shooting 18.13 grn pellets at first. Need to chrony. etc..
View attachment 433647
If you’re planning to shot your new Avenge-X .22 cal with the JSB 18 grains pellets you can’t go wrong with this tune…👍😉. Good luck

Thread 'Today was a very happy day 👍😊'
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/today-was-a-very-happy-day.1306286/

Reactions: Ray_PR
Thanks Ray, I actually saw your posts on the forum and was planning on copying some to test. Right now have the JTS dead center 18.13 gr pellets but will definitely test this tune....
I have done a ton of testing with my Avenge-X .22 cal the pellets that the barrels of this particular airguns like the most are the JSB and air arms diábolo fields 18 grains. Also likes the JSB and JTS 16 grains as well. The JTS 18 grains that you’re planning to test in your Avenge-X bullpup are not the best, also because they are a very tight fit into the barrel they cause the side level to become very stiff and extremely difficult to cock. Which is way I do not recommend anyone to use them in any of their first gen Avengers or second gen Avenge-X neither, since in the long run they can damage the mechanism of the side level by subjecting them to this unnecessary torture.

The target that have 16 buslleyes were shot by me at 35 yards from top to bottom the first two groups of 5 shots each were done with the JSB 18 grains, the second with the FX 18 grains and the third with the air arms diábolo fields 18 grains. As you can see our airguns like the most the JSB and the AA diábolo fields over the FX. I am just trying to save you a few $$$$$ in the long run 😉.

I took most of those screen shots from a video done by a very popular Hispanic guy who usually reviews all this airguns on his YouTube channel, his name is Michoacano Sandoval. I am bilingual thats why I also follow all this hispanic airguns reviewers as well.

IMG_8961.jpeg

IMG_8963.jpeg

IMG_8960.jpeg

IMG_8964.jpeg

IMG_8965.jpeg

IMG_8958.jpeg

IMG_8959.jpeg

IMG_8929.jpeg

IMG_8928.jpeg

IMG_8962.png

IMG_8957.png

Last edited:
So started to chrony with the JTS 18.13 grain, with reg at 2000 and hs - 0 getting 908fps with a SD 2 and ES 7

Tried another pellet that I have velocity 18.13 grain. Goes in another smoother than the JTS and has and average fps of 921fps

As I have zero HS (all out anticlockwise) decided to reset the reg. Followed the proper procedure and reset the reg which after fill came up to just over 1000 psi in my gun. Decided to set on 1500 psi and shot a 10 shot group of the JTS pellets with a fps average of 880, SD of 3.2 and an ES of 10

Will look at leaving it here and then play with the hammer spring to increase to check if the groups tighten, but so far I am extremely happy...

By the way did a barrel clean and made sure there was no movement of the action by tightening action and barrel band screws....

For now will finish the jts and velocity pellets and the get some jsb and h&n to test. For me the JTS performed 100% but I will take note of the more experienced guys like Ray with the suggestion on the tight fitting pellets jts are..

20240210_104034.jpg

20240210_104045.jpg

20240210_104103.jpg

20240210_110704.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210_111608_Strelok Pro.jpg
    Screenshot_20240210_111608_Strelok Pro.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
So started to chrony with the JTS 18.13 grain, with reg at 2000 and hs - 0 getting 908fps with a SD 2 and ES 7

Tried another pellet that I have velocity 18.13 grain. Goes in another smoother than the JTS and has and average fps of 921fps

As I have zero HS (all out anticlockwise) decided to reset the reg. Followed the proper procedure and reset the reg which after fill came up to just over 1000 psi in my gun. Decided to set on 1500 psi and shot a 10 shot group of the JTS pellets with a fps average of 880, SD of 3.2 and an ES of 10

Will look at leaving it here and then play with the hammer spring to increase to check if the groups tighten, but so far I am extremely happy...

By the way did a barrel clean and made sure there was no movement of the action by tightening action and barrel band screws....

For now will finish the jts and velocity pellets and the get some jsb and h&n to test. For me the JTS performed 100% but I will take note of the more experienced guys like Ray with the suggestion on the tight fitting pellets jts are..

View attachment 433996

View attachment 433997

View attachment 433998

View attachment 434000
Excellent shooting, those are very good groups, congrats 👍😊. All this airguns have different tolerance because they are mass produced, that is why we need to perform several test until we find the tune that our particular airgun like the most, regardless of whether it’s different from what others people use 😉. On a side note you don’t know how much I would like that the air bottle version that are offered to us in our area have that same shape of yours, and not the extremely ugly one that is currently offered for the people who live in this side of the globe like me. That was for the only reason I decided to buy my three Avenge-X with the tube version instead of the bottle that offered us almost twice more shots per fill, although I keep my finger’s crossed since I read that Air Venturi the company that distributes them in our area are trying to change the shape of the bottle after receiving numerous complaints from the consumers about this…🙏.

Last edited:
Excellent shooting, those are very good groups, congrats 👍😊. All this airguns have different tolerance because they are mass produced, that is why we need to perform several test until we find the tune that our particular airgun like the most, regardless of whether it’s different from what others people use 😉. On a side note you don’t know how much I would like that the air bottle version that are offered to us in our area have that same shape of yours, and not the extremely ugly one that is currently offered for the people who live in this side of the globe like me. That was for the only reason I decided to buy my three Avenge-X with the tube version instead of the bottle that offered us almost twice more shots per fill, although I keep my finger’s crossed since I read that Air Venturi the company that distributes them in our area are trying to change the shape of the bottle after receiving numerous complaints from the consumers about this…🙏.
Thanks, my powder burning shooting (have 308, 6.5PRC, 25-06, 303) benefitting me here with the PCP. i wanted the Bullpup but the tube version the cocking lever is to close to your face hence me going for the bottle version, the cocking lever is a little more forward than the tube bull pup almost like a Semi bullpup i would say.

was maybe thinking on the tactical stock but then it is very similar to some of my center fire rifles. Have seen the guys have been complaining about the US bottle version.....

Now to get out to the range as i only have 20-25 meters at home to shoot and see what it does at 50 and 100 meters.... luckily the range is a few kilometers from my house so can be there in 10 minutes....

You guys picked great rifles, I was recently visiting with Allen Zasadney the airgun wizard and he told me that the Avenger X in .22 was a really accurate rifle.
He works on lots of rifles and for him to say they are very accurate really means something!
Great choice, have fun.
I need a favor from you, please tell the guys that invest a few thousand dollars in any of those “supposed eight wonder of the world” expensive high end airguns, that they can achieve the same accuracy or even better with a low budget and affordable airgun like the Avenge-X without the need to spend a arm and a leg in one of those airguns…😉.

I need a favor from you, please tell the guys that invest a few thousand dollars in any of those “supposed eight wonder of the world” expensive high end airguns, that they can achieve the same accuracy or even better with a low budget and affordable airgun like the Avenge-X without the need to spend a arm and a leg in one of those airguns…😉.
Don't start bickering again. It seems like you want to attack others about their choices. Every person makes his own choice and has pride in his rifle. It is not always just about accuracy but other things as well. For you and me it is about getting the job done as cheap as possible, but for others it is about looks, feel of quality, balance and many other things. If I had the money I would buy myself one of the fancy pcp's as well. I am looking at the FX DRS classic with walnut in .22 but cannot afford it right now. Nothing wrong with having a high end rifle if you can afford it.

My 20 year old Nissan LDV is as reliable as any other, light on fuel, enough power and relative comfortable. But I don't go around and give other people who choose to buy new luxury vehicles a hard time because of their choice.

EDIT: I was on a forum where people with high end rifles continuously criticised cheap rifles, it was NOT pleasant. Each has its place. Many people left the forum because of that. PLEASE, stop it.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon
Don't start bickering again. It seems like you want to attack others about their choices. Every person makes his own choice and has pride in his rifle. It is not always just about accuracy but other things as well. For you and me it is about getting the job done as cheap as possible, but for others it is about looks, feel of quality, balance and many other things. If I had the money I would buy myself one of the fancy pcp's as well. I am looking at the FX DRS classic with walnut in .22 but cannot afford it right now. Nothing wrong with having a high end rifle if you can afford it.

My 20 year old Nissan LDV is as reliable as any other, light on fuel, enough power and relative comfortable. But I don't go around and give other people who choose to buy new luxury vehicles a hard time because of their choice.

EDIT: I was on a forum where people with high end rifles continuously criticised cheap rifles, it was NOT pleasant. Each has its place. Many people left the forum because of that. PLEASE, stop it.
Well as long as guys like this one keep making this kind of comments on my posts trying to belittle the quality of the budget airguns, I will continue to respond to all of their insinuations. Furthermore, like I said before I have no problem with the people who prefer to invest their money in high-end airguns, thinking that they will be able to obtain some benefits that a more affordable airgun cannot provide them. In my case I have an unlimited budget that allows me to purchase any type of airgun regardless of its price. However, I chose to acquire and use this low-budget Avenge-X simply because I consider they offer the same benefits at a more affordable price. Precisely for this same reason I sold my high-end European-made bullpup Kalibrgun tactical cricket .60 in .22 cal, since I could verify that there was no difference in accuracy vs either of my two Avenge-X in .25 caliber.

IMG_6684.jpeg

IMG_6682.jpeg

Reactions: ske1eter
Ray, I’m actually one of those guys that invests thousands in those “supposed eighth wonder high end airguns” and believe me they really are eighth wonder rifles when set up right!
There’s no way I can tell guys that they can achieve the same accuracy or better with a budget airgun because I know that they won’t be able to do it.
But for a budget, accurate out of the box airgun the Avenger X is pretty amazing for certain.
Enjoy, and post pics of groups!

Reactions: L.Leon
Ray, I’m actually one of those guys that invests thousands in those “supposed eighth wonder high end airguns” and believe me they really are eighth wonder rifles when set up right!
There’s no way I can tell guys that they can achieve the same accuracy or better with a budget airgun because I know that they won’t be able to do it.
But for a budget, accurate out of the box airgun the Avenger X is pretty amazing for certain.
Enjoy, and post pics of groups!
There are dozens of reviews about this particular airguns that demonstrate the complete opposite of what you say, therefore I have no need to have to prove what has already been proven 😉.

There are dozens of reviews about this particular airguns that demonstrate the complete opposite of what you say, therefore I have no need to have to prove what has already been proven 😉.
You definitely come off as a “know it all”… Who’s asking you to “prove” anything? Just tone it down a bit… We get it, you love your Avenge Xs, which is good. The rest is just diatribe…😉

Last edited:
@Ray_PR, why not simply continue posting about your Avenge Xs without bickering or denigrating other shooters choices? Your posts and enthusiasm for the platform have won me over because you have shown some very good groups with yours… That said, simply keep posting the positive, leave the other stuff out.🙏
As long as people like this guy continue making this type of comments on my post, I will continue responding to them. I don’t have nothing personal against anybody in particular. Also I will no respond to anything related to this topic again because we are hijacking this thread.

IMG_6684.jpeg