Avenge-x bad regulator creep

Finally took my reg out to look at it for the first time and believe I found the reason it creeps 400-500 psi in a 10 minute span.I emailed pyramid air to see what they could do, now I’m just waiting for a response Monday. Pictures below.
2A304779-741F-42FA-8FAC-DE22CECAC5C1.jpeg
EB62B646-2762-453E-83AF-38457BA6EF51.jpeg
2A304779-741F-42FA-8FAC-DE22CECAC5C1.jpegEB62B646-2762-453E-83AF-38457BA6EF51.jpeg

Trying to figure out what could cause the piston face insert to get so distorted.... All I can think of is factory defect during installation.

Good pictures by the way with decent focus and good lighting. You can tell that that o-ring needs to be replaced because of its flattened profile - no longer circular cross-section. Probably all the other o-rings as well.

Hope they get it fixed for you, looks like you've done some good footwork.

Feinwerk

Trying to figure out what could cause the piston face insert to get so distorted.... All I can think of is factory defect during installation.

Good pictures by the way with decent focus and good lighting. You can tell that that o-ring needs to be replaced because of its flattened profile - no longer circular cross-section. Probably all the other o-rings as well.

Hope they get it fixed for you, looks like you've done some good footwork.

Feinwerk
My guess is also factory defect cause the problem has been consistent from the 1st pellet to the 2000th pellet. Never worse never better.

You know, now that I look at that very first photo that shows the face of the seating surface, It appears that the polymer plug may have been glued in place rather than press fit into the socket of the end of the piston. Is that just excess glue on the surface? Perhaps you can just scrape it and very lightly hone it on some 400 grit wet or dry sandpaper and restore a nice flat face.

GL,
Feinwerk

You know, now that I look at that very first photo that shows the face of the seating surface, It appears that the polymer plug may have been glued in place rather than press fit into the socket of the end of the piston. Is that just excess glue on the surface? Perhaps you can just scrape it and very lightly hone it on some 400 grit wet or dry sandpaper and restore a nice flat face.

GL,
Feinwerk
It’s definitely smooshed plastic lol

Finally took my reg out to look at it for the first time and believe I found the reason it creeps 400-500 psi in a 10 minute span.I emailed pyramid air to see what they could do, now I’m just waiting for a response Monday. Pictures below.View attachment 413987View attachment 413988View attachment 413987View attachment 413988
All is well so far folks, air Venturi got back to me fairly quickly and is sending me a new reg no questions asked. I must say I’m very happy and pleased with how they handled this.

Pyramid air basically said they can’t do anything because it’s out of the 30 day Window. So they redirected me to air Venturi, now I’m waiting on them. Starting to get bummed out.
I was also redirected to AV for a part. I left a detailed message of what I needed and they located the part from a gunsmith (as it was not something they stock). The part was better than the original. I was very impressed with their service!!
I’m sure that the stock “regs” it should not be a problem at all. I hope that they get in contact with you soon.

I was also redirected to AV for a part. I left a detailed message of what I needed and they located the part from a gunsmith (as it was not something they stock). The part was better than the original. I was very impressed with their service!!
I’m sure that the stock “regs” it should not be a problem at all. I hope that they get in contact with you soon.
Yeah they’re sending me a new one no questions asked, they were very helpful

Reactions: Bbailey