Air Venturi Avenge - X .25 cal won a bench rest competition vs all others high end airguns

I am extremely surprised that none of the members who belong to this forum have shared this super important information. A lady named Ana Rose Spanagel just won a bench rest competition with a relatively inexpensive Avenge-X .25 caliber rifle, outscoring all the others shooters participating in her same category. This despite the fact that the rest of the competitors were all using high end expensive rifles such as FX Crowns, FX Impacts MKII, FX Impacts M3, a Skout Epoch and a full electronic and computerized Daystate Red Wolf airgun. This once again demonstrates the incredible accuracy all this low end rifles have, despite having a relatively affordable price. You just need to be a good shooter, know how to tune them, use the pellets that best suits their barrels characteristics and a good acope…👍💪

IMG_6798.png

Last edited:
I like it when a lower end rifle competes with the "big boys" and beating them is even better. We don't have as many inexpensive rifles at this point but you can get a little flavor of this in the 30 yard challenge results on this forum. I may be the only guy posting scores from a sub-$500 gun at this point but there is an Avenger near the top of the all time scores list and may be other similar guns in the "200 club". I'm posting my P35s scores. I have three, a 177, a 22, and a 25. The 22 is the only one to give me a 200 but the 177 and 25 have both provided a 194. I'm pretty sure I can do better with the 25 but the 177 might be max'd out unless I find a pellet it likes better. My opinion is that the best of the inexpensive "china guns" are competitive with the much more expensive guns the average for the high end guns is probably still a bit better. But if you give a good shooter a good "china gun" this proves they can win!

I been saying it for years, most airguns regardless of brand have the potential...it just so happens FX/Daystate ect all sponsor a ton of professionals to represent and support their brand in these many BR competitions...

It’s not the arrow, but the Indian that makes the shot. Congrats to her!

Its the arrow, the bow and the shooter, all 3 variables are very much important, including their shooting lane/environment...so make that at least 4 variables, since in these competitions one lane may have far different conditions than another lane. Wind doesn't wake up in the morning and say,"I think I will spread myself out perfectly even across the lands".

-Matt

Good for her!
The key factor in any shooting competition is the shooter, with the choice of gun being a very distant second.

It reminds me of a time back in the 70s when I went to the drag races (street cars). A guy showed up with a bone stock AMX and cleand house.
The chevy owners were all really butt hurt and getting the tails beaten by a Rambler.

Reactions: Scotty1
The adjustability & performance of today's inexpensive airguns is light years ahead of where we were even 5 years ago. It definitely takes someone with talent behind the trigger but it's being shown more & more that some "entry-level" guns are anything but. I think about my 1st PCP (.22 Benjamin Discovery) compared to today's comparably priced guns & the difference is stunning. I still wouldn't trade my mid "upper tier" guns for anything but it makes me happy to know that extreme accuracy can be had by some without paying extreme prices.