Air Venturi Avenge-X .25 cal vs BRK Ghost .25 cal

I knew in advance that this comparison was going to be the cause of much discussion and controversy, especially from those people who in one way or another might feel offended by comparing a low-budget airgun vs a high-end one. But the harsh reality of this hobby is that I have realized that unfortunately there are many pneumatic weapons on the market which do not perform up to what is expected of them, especially when we compare the incredible disparity in prices that exist between some. That is why I will continue using the airguns that meet all my expectations, without having to invest a mini fortune in any of them.

I knew in advance that this comparison was going to be the cause of much discussion and controversy, especially from those people who in one way or another might feel offended by comparing a low-budget airgun vs a high-end one. But the harsh reality of this hobby is that I have realized that unfortunately there are many pneumatic weapons on the market which do not perform up to what is expected of them, especially when we compare the incredible disparity in prices that exist between some. That is why I will continue using the airguns that meet all my expectations, without having to invest a mini fortune in any of them.
With every post you do yourself a disservice… “controversy”? Yes, in your own mind… “Harsh reality”? Its a hobby to most… “Pneumatic weapons”? Lay off the rum, amigo. You are proving to be a small minded man. So continue using what ”you” like. And allow “others” to do the same.🙏 Why the chip on your shoulder?

• Love
Reactions: HKVP9

For those of us who practice this hobby know that it is not a easy task to try to make sub moa groups with any of this airguns especially with the smaller .177 caliber ones, due to their tiny and light ammunition being more susceptible to the wind. However when the airgun is well designed can be achieved without having to sacrifice our pockets.

Last edited:
With every post you do yourself a disservice… “controversy”? Yes, in your own mind… “Harsh reality”? Its a hobby to most… “Pneumatic weapons”? Lay off the rum, amigo. You are proving to be a small minded man. So continue using what ”you” like. And allow “others” to do the same.🙏 Why the chip on your shoulder?
The supposed resentment that I am causing is created by you in your own mind, please stop implying that all people think and act the same as you. Why do you insist on responding to all the comments made by me on this post? What is it that bothers you so much? This is just a hobby understand it’s not the end of the world, it will not be the first nor the last time that any other airgun has better performance than others regardless of whether they cost a fraction of its price. Get over it.

The supposed resentment that I am causing is created by you in your own mind, please stop implying that all people think and act the same as you. Why do you insist on responding to all the comments made by me on this post? What is it that bothers you so much? This is just a hobby understand it’s not the end of the world, it will not be the first nor the last time that any other airgun has better performance than others regardless of whether they cost a fraction of its price. Get over it.
Dude you are the one making all the pompous comments… I don’t give a s h i t what you shoot. Your table full of Avengers means squat to me. You come here to agitate… You are a petty man on a small island. And my entire family are Borinqueños… So don’t get your panties in a bunch. You are petty and your posts simply prove it. I should “get over it”.? Your hibaro stripes are coming on strong…💪

• Love
Dude you are the one making all the pompous comments… I don’t give a s h i t what you shoot. Your table full of Avengers means squat to me. You come here to agitate… You are a petty man on a small island. And my entire family are Borinqueños… So don’t get your panties in a bunch. You are petty and your posts simply prove it. I should “get over it”.? Your hibaro stripes are coming on strong…💪
If you supposedly don’t give a #&”% about everything I post then why do you insist on responding to all my comments? The main reason for creating this thread is to simply demonstrate that there are a few airguns on the market that, despite been affordable offers great performance. I also have absolutely nothing against the people who prefer to spend their money on high-end airguns. I am only against the manufacturers that sells their products with a premium price implying that they are superior to others in everything, when the reality is otherwise. Is it so difficult for you to understand this simplicity?

Also, what the hell does where I come from and where I live have to do related with this topic? Are you implying that the people who live in the state’s are the only ones who can improve themselves in their lives and be able to enjoy a better quality of life? I currently own two houses and two small comercial buildings here in our island that are rented, which is where I receive my financial income and never had the need to emigrate to the state’s to have success in my life to be able to have all this properties. Also all of them were paid several years ago, so I don’t owe a single cent to anyone. However this in no way makes me a better person than anyone else, every person invest their money in the things that make them happier, regardless of how much or little value they may have 😉.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Hey, Ray. What’s your expert advice on an alternative to the Accu-Tac BR-4? That thing is money but I’d sure as sht like to find a better quality bipod at a fraction of the cost.
First of all, I don't consider myself to be an expert, I just tend to invest my money in the items that I think I can get the most out of them while investing the minimum amount of money. Since I only shoot from a seated position, I usually use all my airguns from different bench rests instead of using one of these highly expensive bipods. These Accu-Tac knockoff are the only ones I currently use, I have three of them.

IMG_8865.png

Last edited:
If you supposedly give a #&”% about everything I post then why do you insist on responding to all my comments? The main reason for creating this thread is to simply demonstrate that there are a few airguns on the market that, despite been affordable offers great performance. I also have absolutely nothing against the people who prefer to spend their money on high-end airguns. I am only against the manufacturers that sells their products with a premium price implying that they are superior to others in everything, when the reality is otherwise. Is it so difficult for you to understand this simplicity?

Also, what the hell does where I come from and where I live have to do related with this topic? Are you implying that the people who live in the state’s are the only ones who can improve themselves in their lives and be able to enjoy a better quality of life? I currently own two houses and two small comercial buildings here in our island that are rented, which is where I receive my financial income and never had the need to emigrate to the state’s to have success in my life to be able to have all this properties. Also all of them were paid several years ago, so I don’t owe a single cent to anyone. However this in no way makes me a better person than anyone else, every person invest their money in the things that make them happier, regardless of how much or little value they may have 😉.
Don’t give a crap about your BS baiting posts. But the forums are for “commenting” you are proving to be a “know it all” fool… Pontificate much? Don’t worry Ray, I’ve learned my lesson, thanks. Will not be respond to anymore of your diatribes… Enjoy your world class Avengers…🙄

Don’t give a crap about your BS baiting posts. But the forums are for “commenting” you are proving to be a “know it all” fool… Pontificate much? Don’t worry Ray, I’ve learned my lesson, thanks. Will not be respond to anymore of your diatribes… Enjoy your world class Avengers…🙄
Honestly, I can care less about the opinion you may have about me, that's why there is a very popular saying that says “one offers value to other people's opinions depending on who they come from”. However I appreciate you not responding further to my comments, especially when the last ones have been personal attacks that apart from not being related to the topic, also do not contribute anything positive about the topic that is being discussed.

First of all, I don't consider myself to be an expert, I just tend to invest my money in the items that I think I can get the most out of them while investing the minimum amount of money. Since I only shoot from a seated position, I usually use all my airguns from different bench rests instead of using one of these highly expensive bipods. These Accu-Tac knockoff are the only ones I currently use, I have three of them.

View attachment 432012
For airguns knock of bipods and low-mid optics are ok. The expensive bipod versions have to take magnum pb recoil and glass only has to be so good at 100ish yards, after 400 yards mirage is a big issue, as long as the dials are repeatable.

For Avengers vs FX and BRK, not really comparable but for back yard or out on the farm shooting, it probably doesn’t matter.

Reactions: HKVP9 and Ray_PR
I made this exact choice, was going to get a AvengeX in wood, but decided to spend more and got a FX Maverick VP. Was it worth it, idk but it is accurate out of the box and can be tuned for heavy projectiles without pushing it hard. I noticed on AEAC videos he was pushing the rifle to limits to shoot heavier weight projectiles and this is never good for accuracy or reliability. With lower end guns, quality is more hit or miss what you will get. In my opinion airgun quality is not very good anyway, even with higher end guns, so chances of getting a dud is even greater.

Another example a first gen Avenger bullpup .22 cal vs a highly modified FX Impact M3 .22 cal at 50 meters. Both airguns were shooting with the same JSB 18 grains pellets with the same tune at 875 fps. He shot two groups with the FX, he gave this airgun a second chance because the first group was a total desaster, however the second was not much better than the first one neither. Both airguns were his and the guy is a expert shooter that competes in the local EBR tournaments of his country, Chile.

View attachment 431695

View attachment 431696

View attachment 431697

View attachment 431698

Avenger was shot with only factory barrel. Impact had a mod on it. Not the same.

I made this exact choice, was going to get a AvengeX in wood, but decided to spend more and got a FX Maverick VP. Was it worth it, idk but it is accurate out of the box and can be tuned for heavy projectiles without pushing it hard. I noticed on AEAC videos he was pushing the rifle to limits to shoot heavier weight projectiles and this is never good for accuracy or reliability. With lower end guns, quality is more hit or miss what you will get. In my opinion airgun quality is not very good anyway, even with higher end guns, so chances of getting a dud is even greater.
Last year I was just a click away to purchase a FX Wildcat .25 cal with this custom color from Utah airguns but the VP version not the compact. The one that comes with the 600mm barrel and the 400cc aluminum air bottle. My local gunsmith was the only person in the past here in our island that was authorized by the FX factory to repair all the FX airguns that were sold locally durring their warranty. He is also a master tuner, I strongly recommend this airguns to all the people like me who like to thinker with their airguns.

IMG_8867.jpeg

Last edited:
Durring this review the Avenge-X was shooting at 87 yards, the BRK Ghost was shooting 8 shots groups with the JSB 33.95 mark II heavy’s, the FX 33.95 and the Umarex Brimstone 33.95 grains pellets at 98 yards. The Avenge-X was shooting with the Impulse Air 26 grain slugs, now compare the size of each groups…

Ray - please provide a link to the review video that the pictures in your original post are from. I’d like to take a careful look at it, you know, for educational purposes 😁😁😁.

Ray - please provide a link to the review video that the pictures in your original post are from. I’d like to take a careful look at it, you know, for educational purposes 😁😁😁.
Of course I will share with you and everyone else the links of the two youtube videos were these test were done I don’t have absolutely nothing to hide, but I doubt you can understand the content because it is in spanish language.

Last edited:
Of course I will share with you and everyone else the links of the two youtube videos were these test were done, I don’t have absolutely nothing to hide, but I doubt you can understand the content because it is in spanish language.
I grew up in Portugal Ray. I can understand my sister language very well. But somehow, I wasn’t expecting there to be two videos.