• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenge-X .25 cal vs BRK Ghost .25 cal

Hi Ray. I don't have a bone to pick. Just an initial observation to your OP. Maybe I missed it but the Avenger is shooting slugs at 87yds and the Brocock is shooting pellets at a distance of 98 yds. The Brocock got a 11yd handicap. 11 yds in the air rifle hobby can be a fairly significant factor. Pls explain this discrepancy. Now I may be wrong but I thought slugs are supposed to be naturally more accurate at greater distances than pellets. Also, the post about the accuracy comparison with both rifles using the same FPS. Well,if you lock in the fps and the variety of pellets used. I think it will be a toss up with many given rifles. Take my FX Dreamline that I WON here on AGN (still grinning) for example. "My personal observation". FX had it adjusted to shoot JSB 18gr pellets at 880-890, "I can't remember now", fps. At 50yds it was a 3/4"ish group. I reduced the fps to 840 and was rewarded with a 1/2' group at 50 yds. Now I'm fairly confident that someone elses FX Dream will shoot better with the same pellet at a different velocity. The other category that I did not see here,maybe I missed it,sry if I have. Is how well they last before having any maintence issues surface or are a common occurance. Of course the Avengers are too new, in my humble opinion to have a legit history. But,according to some reviews I have read. They did have a bit of a bumpy start. I don't know about Brococks. So in conclusion to this long @$$ post. I think the comparison is a little scewed.
Yup, for all we know the ghost could like the heavy pellets at 915 or 920, 940 could've been too fast. Not shooting the same projectiles out of the gun that it's being compared null and voids the comparison all together, in my opinion. And if it's also being tested at a shorter range even more so, I get that your POV here is that the ghost is 4 times more expensive so it should perform better anyways. But there are factors that still apply to expensive guns. At 50yds those pellets could've been just fine for that speed. Beyond that they could be wobbling, with the svenger shooting slugs, it doesnt matter much cause slugs like faster speeds. Make a video of both guns shooting the same projectiles, at speeds that work for both of them, they don't even need to be the same speed and do a 50yd, 100yd, and 125yd test if you have the room. I believe that the avenger can shoot well if you get a good one. And it can hang with some of the higher end guns, but to say that it's better than all the high end pcps is more than a bit much.

…….

ADB91169-D379-49B1-8A7C-776E470B6DE3.jpeg

Ray, I guess none of us can understand what the feelings are that lead you to have to push these arguments. But, I for one, don’t look down on you because you’re shooting a “budget” gun. Your videos are very enjoyable and it’s clear that your Avengers are doing their job well. I’m certainly envious of your ability to sit out in your sunny yard and enjoy some shooting at this time of year. Why not just stick to the positives and drop the negatives. There’s no doubt some people out there struggling with BRKs, Daystates, FXs or any number of other expensive guns. It happens with everything. No need to rub salt into wounds.
Yes we the people who live in the carribean are blessed because our local tropical weather allow us to enjoy our hobby’s all year round. I had stopped searching this thread since I thought I had said everything I had to say regarding this topic. Plus I was having some fun practicing target shooting and hunting iguanas from my backyard. The main reason to do this thread was to demonstrate that it’s not necessary to invest thousands of dollars in a high end airgun to be able to obtain good results. However I respect the opinion of others who think differently, who prefer to invest their money in one of this high-end airguns because they think they have some virtues and benefits that they cannot find in a affordable low budget airgun and that is completely understandable.

Thread 'Another iguana bite the dust today. VIDEO INCLUDED 👍😊'
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/another-iguana-bite-the-dust-today-video-included.1306097/

Last edited:
Reactions: Netman
Hi Ray. I don't have a bone to pick. Just an initial observation to your OP. Maybe I missed it but the Avenger is shooting slugs at 87yds and the Brocock is shooting pellets at a distance of 98 yds. The Brocock got a 11yd handicap. 11 yds in the air rifle hobby can be a fairly significant factor. Pls explain this discrepancy. Now I may be wrong but I thought slugs are supposed to be naturally more accurate at greater distances than pellets. Also, the post about the accuracy comparison with both rifles using the same FPS. Well,if you lock in the fps and the variety of pellets used. I think it will be a toss up with many given rifles. Take my FX Dreamline that I WON here on AGN (still grinning) for example. "My personal observation". FX had it adjusted to shoot JSB 18gr pellets at 880-890, "I can't remember now", fps. At 50yds it was a 3/4"ish group. I reduced the fps to 840 and was rewarded with a 1/2' group at 50 yds. Now I'm fairly confident that someone elses FX Dream will shoot better with the same pellet at a different velocity. The other category that I did not see here,maybe I missed it,sry if I have. Is how well they last before having any maintence issues surface or are a common occurance. Of course the Avengers are too new, in my humble opinion to have a legit history. But,according to some reviews I have read. They did have a bit of a bumpy start. I don't know about Brococks. So in conclusion to this long @$$ post. I think the comparison is a little scewed.
To clarify some of your doubts about the reason why the guy was shooting the avenger with slugs instead of pellets in that test, it was because he wanted to check what type of slugs could benefit the avenger the most. Also, I don't know if you are aware that unfortunately the barrels of this expensive high-end BRK Ghost are not designed to shoot with slugs, for this reason all the accuracy tests that this youtuber and others has done with this particular airgun have been with pellets only. This is why its manufacturer is currently designing a barrel with different specs so that it can also be used with slugs as well, since most of the people who buy this expensive airguns is the ammunition of choice. The slugs also has a better ballistic coefficient (BC) that benefits all the airgunners specially those who like to shoot at longer ranges, because they offer less wind resistance and also expand more than the pellets. That’s why they are very popular among the people who use them to hunt, because they are more deadlier as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Netman
Yup, for all we know the ghost could like the heavy pellets at 915 or 920, 940 could've been too fast. Not shooting the same projectiles out of the gun that it's being compared null and voids the comparison all together, in my opinion. And if it's also being tested at a shorter range even more so, I get that your POV here is that the ghost is 4 times more expensive so it should perform better anyways. But there are factors that still apply to expensive guns. At 50yds those pellets could've been just fine for that speed. Beyond that they could be wobbling, with the svenger shooting slugs, it doesnt matter much cause slugs like faster speeds. Make a video of both guns shooting the same projectiles, at speeds that work for both of them, they don't even need to be the same speed and do a 50yd, 100yd, and 125yd test if you have the room. I believe that the avenger can shoot well if you get a good one. And it can hang with some of the higher end guns, but to say that it's better than all the high end pcps is more than a bit much.
Like I said before for the only reason the guy was shooting the BRK Ghost with pellets during this test was because unfortunately its barrel is not designed to be fired with slugs, despite being considered a high-end airgun with a expensive retail price. Thats why I consider this completely counterproductive since any airgun in this same category is supposed to stand out for its versatility, and its barrel designed to fire both types of ammunition with authority. I guarantee you all if during that accuracy test the Ghost would have been shot with any type of slugs the end results would have been even worse. However other high-ends airguns like the FX and AGT Vulcan and Uragan just to mention a few, their barrels are designed to be used and perform well with any type of ammunition.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
A scientific comparison requires the least amount of variables and there are too many variables in testing here to come up with factual data, therefore this is all just an opinion.

That said, those rallying against Ray sure are getting uptight and personal.

This a thread about airguns, on an internet airgun forum. Calm down ladies. You're all pretty.

Reactions: Treks
A scientific comparison requires the least amount of variables and there are too many variables in testing here to come up with factual data, therefore this is all just an opinion.

That said, those rallying against Ray sure are getting uptight and personal.

This a thread about airguns, on an internet airgun forum. Calm down ladies. You're all pretty.
Nah, you’re the prettiest…🙏

• Love
Reactions: chip78 and GenXer
Those same questions were answered a few times already, that’s for the only reason why I am not responding to them. If some of you don’t like to read it’s not my problem it’s yours. I don’t have absolutely nothing to hide 😉.
With all due respect Ray you answered the way you wanted to answer though.

You could have tested both with pellets but chose to use different projectiles just because one won't shoot slugs then proclaimed one was better.

You're at different ranges for what reason? Why not use pellets in both because they will both accept pellets?

That's why people keep asking. Your results are skewed because your testing is flawed.

Go back out, test both with the same projectile, which you are acting as if is not possible but it definitely is, and at the exact same distance, or your point will never be made to anyone who is reading this thread.

Last edited:
You answered the way you wanted to answer though.

You could have tested both with pellets but chose to use different projectiles just because one won't shoot slugs then proclaimed one was better.

You're at different ranges for what reason? Why not use pellets in both because they will both accept pellets?

That's why people keep asking. Your results are skewed because your testing is flawed.

Go back out, test both with the same projectile, which you are acting as if is not possible but it definitely is, and at the exact same distance, or your point will never be made to anyone who is reading this thread.
And who told you that I was supposedly the person who did all this accuracy tests between this two airguns? This proves without a doubt that you have not bothered to read all the information that I posted in this thread.

And who told you that I was supposedly the person who did all this accuracy tests between this two airguns? This proves without a doubt that you have not bothered to read all the information that I posted in this thread.
Nobody did. I misspoke. And so did you.

Regardless who tested, all that was tested was the accuracy of one gun with one projectile and the accuracy of another gun with another projectile. There's no comparison to be made.

This thread is the longest battle over an unfounded opinion I've ever seen on any forum. I do notice you aren't addressing the facts I just presented, though.

Have a blessed day Ray.

Last edited:
Nobody did. I misspoke. And so did you.

Regardless who tested, all that was tested was the accuracy of one gun with one projectile and the accuracy of another gun with another projectile. There's no comparison to be made.

This thread is the longest battle over an unfounded opinion I've ever seen on any forum. I do notice you aren't addressing the facts I just presented, though.

Have a blessed day Ray.
That is YOUR opinion, however I am sure that many other people think the opposite since the tests that specifically compared the Avenge-X vs the BRK Ghost, were carried out by a person who is dedicated to evaluate different types of airguns, regardless of what is their retail price, the size of the ammunition .22 or .25 cal, the type of stock regardless of whether it’s wood or synthetic and whether it’s a break barrel or PCP. Also this is the last time I am going to respond to any other questions regarding this thread. Have a nice day.

• Haha
Reactions: GenXer
Who makes a barrel that shoots both pellets and slugs accurately? FX will SELL you a barrel for shooting SLUGS and that barrel may also be accurate with pellets, I don't know. But barrels that r designed to shoot pellets will probably not be MOA with slugs.

The .20 barrel in my Ghost will shoot slugs or pellets, extremely well.

Somewhat of a special barrel, but made by LW.

LMFAO!! This is hilarious this is still going. WTH ?? I can definitely back up ray in the opinion that given the distances he is shooting the avenger platform is completely capable of being just as accurate as any gun made today. Who cares ?? Again those spending 1 2 or 3 thousand bucks on a gun I hope that accuracy leaps and bounds isn’t the driving factor as you are going to be disappointed. That isn’t why (I think anyway) most of us spend that kind of coin on a gun. I have no idea why this has gone on and on. It’s as simple as my explanation 🤷‍♂️